Author Topic: Steroids - what will happen to the pros?  (Read 3630 times)

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
Re: Steroids - what will happen to the pros?
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »
The main problem with insulin is if you get the dose wrong it can be a killer, if your blood sugar levels are in a normal range you play roulette evey time you take it

Bullshit, that's why we have dextrose  ::)

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
I have seen many many bodybuilders use it and haven't seen one single emergency episode, nor heard of one among my circle of friends.

While this may be the case for yourself, i have seen a local bb have to be rushed to hospital after having a couple of glasses of coke while on insulin. Sometimes it can be a combination of things you put in your body that can effect your blood sugar if you are taking insulin.

I agree that taken in the correct dose insulin use is usually fine however to suggest there is no risk is simply not true

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2008, 04:20:17 PM »
While this may be the case for yourself, i have seen a local bb have to be rushed to hospital after having a couple of glasses of coke while on insulin. Sometimes it can be a combination of things you put in your body that can effect your blood sugar if you are taking insulin.

I agree that taken in the correct dose insulin use is usually fine however to suggest there is no risk is simply not true
coke = high fructose corn syrup... is there any glucose at all in high fructose corn syrup???

rk272727

• Getbig IV
Re: Juice pigs.
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2008, 04:33:21 PM »
oh but Steroids are not harmful ::)
   your a scared lil girl
b

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

Oh the risk is there, definitely. Just isn't killing guys left and right, despite so many stupid guys using it.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 05:02:59 PM »
I'm just curious what health problems we have seen that can be linked to these drugs.

the start of this thread seemed to be about long term health problems with AS.  since we don't seem to be having an epidemic of ironage bodybuilders dying at rates out of the ordinary, it is reasonable to consider that the large doses used in the 1960s and 1970s are not detrimental to your health.

the drugs changed in the 1990s.   GH, Insulin, more diuretics, dnp, synthol, etc.  what is the long term effect of those?  GH is known to accelerate existing cancer.  gh can cause the enlargement of the heart.  insulin is known to increase visceral fat, which certainly is bad for your heart.    We'll just have to wait to see how current bodybuilders age.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »
\... supposed to help releave stress from the pancreas..
Thats not how it works though..your body senses that there is no need for producing insulin(over extended time) because you have introduced another source so it will start shutting down its own production , not saying it will happen over night like test shuts down when you go on the gear but it will happen..
The body adapts and is always trying to keep itself in homeostasis , it works on a feedback system..

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »
Does it matter?

No matter what happens to them people will keep using.

"What happens to the wannabes?" should be the real question. At lease the pros can get proper advice in most cases, quality gear, manage their off-cycle hormone levels and get regular bloodwork. A lot of people I meet or read about here are always friggin using or alternating between whatever cocktails they can get their hands on.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »
Thats not how it works though..your body senses that there is no need for producing insulin(over extended time) because you have introduced another source so it will start shutting down its own production , not saying it will happen over night like test shuts down when you go on the gear but it will happen..
The body adapts and is always trying to keep itself in homeostasis , it works on a feedback system..
no sorry thats not true. there isnt one example of that ever happening. its only speculation that it might occur over time because that HAS happened with test production before. but we know that the thyroid cant be permanently altered or damaged by exopgenous thyroid and th same has been shown to be true with the pancrease and insulin production..

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »
no sorry thats not true. there isnt one example of that ever happening. its only speculation that it might occur over time because that HAS happened with test production before. but we know that the thyroid cant be permanently altered or damaged by exopgenous thyroid and th same has been shown to be true with the pancrease and insulin production..

Not exactly true. Insulin sensitivity can be affected. If not, millions of fatasses wouldn't be diabetics. I'm honestly too lazy to look up if the TRH feedback loop can be damaged.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 06:55:28 PM »
Professional bodybuilding is a tiny subculture of a sport yet the major health problems that occur is brushed off as bad genetics.  This is the rationalization of a drug user.

You can't use steroids, diuretics, insulin, gh, speed, anti estrogens, LH hormones and oil inject and say it's not a major risk to health.  

One thing that's for sure.  All these muscle marvels on stage and in your gyms look like crap in less than six short months off of drugs.

This "sport" attracts a lot of insecure boys that will do anything to be a man including risking health.  Train natural.  At least you will look good year after year.  These steroid guys do cycles on and off for a rough average of 10 years before health, law, or finances get the better of them.  Also don't take any training advice off a user.  Let them give you advice when they are off.  Believe me you wouldn't take advice off many of these guys seeing how they truly look.

Good post and yes they will likely go down him after they go off and get out of the hardcore lifestyle.
But I disagree that most of them are insecure. Maybe a bit too much ego and not down to earth, but hardly insecure.
While we naturals have tweek traing regimes, lifting is lifting and some ji=uicers can have some good tips on building a body part or a how to diet for a contest , etc.
Howard

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 07:06:01 PM »
WTF?The tyroid can so be altered or damaged by exogenous admin..Just as Insulin sensitivity is real in the real world , thats why you have type one and two diabetes..
exogenous admin over time will effect Insulin sensitivity

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 07:13:01 PM »
WTF?The tyroid can so be altered or damaged by exogenous admin..Just as Insulin sensitivity is real in the real world , thats why you have type one and two diabetes..
exogenous admin over time will effect Insulin sensitivity

People honestly think drug use has no risks.

People should do whatever they want and can live with as long as others aren't harmed.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »
People honestly think drug use has no risks.

People should do whatever they want and can live with as long as others aren't harmed.
Agree

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »
Professional bodybuilding is a tiny subculture of a sport yet the major health problems that occur is brushed off as bad genetics.  This is the rationalization of a drug user.

You can't use steroids, diuretics, insulin, gh, speed, anti estrogens, LH hormones and oil inject and say it's not a major risk to health.  

One thing that's for sure.  All these muscle marvels on stage and in your gyms look like crap in less than six short months off of drugs.

This "sport" attracts a lot of insecure boys that will do anything to be a man including risking health.  Train natural.  At least you will look good year after year.  These steroid guys do cycles on and off for a rough average of 10 years before health, law, or finances get the better of them.  Also don't take any training advice off a user.  Let them give you advice when they are off.  Believe me you wouldn't take advice off many of these guys seeing how they truly look.

;D  you got that right OldTimer......  8)
all these guys (gym rat users)are chasin' the natty thats looks and is jacked all year round.... only getting slightly bigger year after year.... because after 5 - 10 years..... it shows....
gotta live this lifestyle.... training eating... day after day, consistant..... commitment... it's key.
Thats how one gets to be a jacked oldtimer.. :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2008, 07:53:22 PM »
Not exactly true. Insulin sensitivity can be affected. If not, millions of fatasses wouldn't be diabetics. I'm honestly too lazy to look up if the TRH feedback loop can be damaged.
yes insulin sensitivity is effected when glycogen stores are full. this is temprorary and reversible.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
yes insulin sensitivity is effected when glycogen stores are full. this is temprorary and reversible.

For lack of a better way to put it. Too much insulin can make your receptors lazy.

I'm not saying don't do it. Only that there are real risks.

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 07:57:50 PM »
Ask Mattarazzo, Morris,Momo, Chris Dim, Andreas M and many more what they think about healthy use and abuse of BB drugs.Seems to be pretty safe by these guys. ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »
Ask Mattarazzo, Morris,Momo, Chris Dim, Andreas M and many more what they think about healthy use and abuse of BB drugs.Seems to be pretty safe by these guys. ::)
who said its safe ?   ::)

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 08:04:43 PM »
Anyone who is using will sing it's praises. ::)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008, 08:16:48 PM »
who said its safe ?   ::)
You did . ::)

And wheres your argument that you can fuck with your throid and not have problems..

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »
in the end.... they will all die!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2008, 09:23:22 PM »
in the end.... they will all die!

We all die in the end, LOL!

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2008, 09:42:39 PM »
Oh the risk is there, definitely. Just isn't killing guys left and right, despite so many stupid guys using it.

Ya know, this post needs to be emphasized. Its NOT killing people left and right despite the amount of flat out morons taking the stuff. This may not be news to some people but I just had a small epiphany.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2008, 07:33:45 AM »
hmmmm. . .