Author Topic: Obama to give 'closing argument' in Ohio  (Read 919 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Obama to give 'closing argument' in Ohio
« on: October 26, 2008, 02:40:11 PM »
Yep its come to that time in the election to start wrappin things up, and get Obama ready to enter the white house.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/Closing_tomorrow.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama to give 'closing argument' in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »
Smart move.  It's what he does best:  give style over substance speeches. 

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »
Smart move.  It's what he does best:  give style over substance speeches. 

kinda like palin does? ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 01:20:46 AM »
No.

Come on BB, you know Palin has never said anything of substance... Let's be honest here.

You can like McCain and even I would say that his problem is GWB in general, but really... Palin did nothing but hurt his campaign.

Remember when you said she was a "great pick"?

She is unknowing in world affairs, doesn't really have any redeeming "Presidential" qualities, and has shown many times to not answer questions posed to her because of either:

A. She doesn't think she has to.

or

B. Have no clue as to their answer in the first place.

I really ask anyone to go back and look at her interviews or the VP debate and honestly, from a straight up, I don't care what party she's in stand point and tell me that she won the debate?

If so... Please explain what she did to win.

I sat through an entire debate where she only really answered one question that was posed to her, and her response as to why not was "I'm speaking to the American people"?

No offense, but the American people asked those questions which she didn't answer... I asked them... Millions of other people asked them... The moderator asked them... WE are the "American People".

She was picked for two reasons...

1. She's a woman.

McCain was hoping to get some disenfranchised Clinton women.

and

2. She was a right-wing Christian conservative.

Which McCain decided he needed to woo just like GWB did in 2004. (Which worked for him)

Don't tell me she had substance... because that is completely not true.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 11:56:21 AM »
Come on BB, you know Palin has never said anything of substance... Let's be honest here.

You can like McCain and even I would say that his problem is GWB in general, but really... Palin did nothing but hurt his campaign.

She is unknowing in world affairs, doesn't really have any redeeming "Presidential" qualities, and has shown many times to not answer questions posed to her because of either:

or

I really ask anyone to go back and look at her interviews or the VP debate and honestly, from a straight up, I don't care what party she's in stand point and tell me that she won the debate?

I sat through an entire debate where she only really answered one question that was posed to her, and her response as to why not was "I'm speaking to the American people"?

No offense, but the American people asked those questions which she didn't answer... I asked them... Millions of other people asked them... The moderator asked them... WE are the "American People".

1. She's a woman.

and

Which McCain decided he needed to woo just like GWB did in 2004. (Which worked for him)

Well since you've already told me what I think and what I can't say, there really isn't anything I can share.   :)

I think 3333 summed up much of my views on Palin:

Damn right I do.  The founders of this country envisioned citizens leaving their lives to go to washington to serve their time, and then go home.  They knew that average people had and have far more common sense than professional hack politicans like Obama, Biden, McCain, et al. 

I am an attorney myself and think there are far too many attorneys in congress and the senate already.  Liberal lawyers like Obama and Biden have no clue about economics, business, military, etc. 

Palin is far far from perfect, but can you seriously say that someone who was elected as mayor, governor, president of an energy commission, took on corruption in her state, is less qualified than someone who was a state senator, got elected to US Senate and then delcared candidacy for president after 143 days???

Sure ZERO gives great speeches, but lets look at the history BEFORE he ran.  He has never done a damn thing about anytrhing in his life.

I like Palin because she is gutsy, has wide variety of experience in many different areas, and does not come from a DC background. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »
Well since you've already told me what I think and what I can't say, there really isn't anything I can share.   :)

I think 3333 summed up much of my views on Palin:

So you're still thinking she's a "great pick" as you said previously?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »

or

1. She's a woman.

and

Good post.

Palin is a walking disaster, and outside of the "base" is not seen in a good light generally.

To state Palin as the bast option defies all logic, Romney for one is head and shoulders above, his strength on the economy at this time is undeniable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »
So you're still thinking she's a "great pick" as you said previously?

Yes. 

I heard a blurb on the news this weekend that said a majority of people now have a negative opinion of Palin.  My response was a sarcastic "no kidding"?  The assault on that woman was terrible.  Uncalled for.  Much of it false.  Tabloid nonsense.  She's still the same person she was when she was nominated, but smarter.   

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 12:25:41 PM »
Palin is a superb pick!  Especially when you compare her record and stance on the issues.  Namely the abortion issue.  Go look at my post about Obama retracting the Freedom of Choice Act.  The man is just plain SICK!  The blood of the children who endure this horrendous act of torture before being murdered will be on the hands of all of you who will be putting a check mark next to Sen. Obama's name.   >:(

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 12:35:41 PM »
Palin is a superb pick!  Especially when you compare her record and stance on the issues.  Namely the abortion issue.  Go look at my post about Obama retracting the Freedom of Choice Act.  The man is just plain SICK!  The blood of the children who endure this horrendous act of torture before being murdered will be on the hands of all of you who will be putting a check mark next to Sen. Obama's name.   >:(

no

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5168163

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 01:06:19 PM »

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 01:25:06 PM »
his speech was pretty much "it's time to get to work!"