Author Topic: GETBIG GunToters: Is this a violation of your rights? Your thoughts?  (Read 2720 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I thought this scenario was interesting, along with the proposed bill.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: GETBIG GunToters: Is this a violation of your rights? Your thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
yes definitely a violation of the 2nd amendment.  its a slippery slope.
do you believe in gun rights TA?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 09:05:55 PM »
yes definitely a violation of the 2nd amendment.  its a slippery slope.
do you believe in gun rights TA?
I do. I also believe that people should not posses rocket launchers.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »
The right to bare arms should be left to BB judges.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 09:09:17 PM »
That could have worked in 1995.

Today, we've been exposed to 8 years of fearmongering.  Neither candidate will try gun banning, and neither candidate will touch anything related to required trigger technology.

It's political suicide to try it, and both parties know it.  Did you hear Biden laughing about anyone trying to take his guns?  lol... The issue is a non-issue... and this coming from a guy who voted solely on the 2nd amendment from 1996 thri 2004.

Cromespyder

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »
I do. I also believe that people should not posses rocket launchers.   
what about automatic weapons like ak-47 with a banana clip?

edit:i mean assault rifle. and automatic

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 09:17:41 PM »
what about automatic weapons like ak-47 with a banana clip?
I don`t see a need for that type of weapon, but if one could demonstrate evidence that it would be or is harmless and does not affect crime adversely,pose a direct threat or contribute to homicides or civil unrest, I would not be against it.  I don`t think it is necessary in my opinion, but I would be open to legalizing any firearm as long as it does not raise crime or contribute additional civil unrest.

I own a few guns myself.  They have been passed down to me and I traded some Cuban Liquor for an SKS.

I have a WWII Bolt action Lee Enfield Mk IV, Mauser Bolt Action K-98 also from WWII, Colt 45 original reproduction and an SKS with synthetic stock and military bayonet.  ( I just recently sold the SKS)

I have never fired any of the ones I own and only test fired the SKS a few times. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 09:22:28 PM »
I don`t see a need for that type of weapon, but if one could demonstrate evidence that it would be or is harmless and does not affect crime adversely,pose a direct threat or contribute to homicides or civil unrest, I would not be against it.  I don`t think it is necessary in my opinion, but I would be open to legalizing any firearm as long as it does not raise crime or contribute additional civil unrest.

I own a few guns myself.  They have been passed down to me and I traded some Cuban Liquor for an SKS.

I have a WWII Bolt action Lee Enfield Mk IV, Mauser Bolt Action K-98 also from WWII, Colt 45 original reproduction and an SKS with synthetic stock.  ( I just recently sold the SKS)

I have never fired any of the ones I own and only test fired the SKS a few times. 
The Cuban Liquor was from my grandfather who used to fly in his plane in the 50s and 60s to gamble and enjoy the resort type of atmosphere that Cuba had back then.  I wish I didn`t trade that liquor in hindsight.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 03:08:22 AM »
McCain/Palin is a much better choice for those concerned about gun rights than Obama/Biden, if that's what you're getting at.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 04:15:44 AM »
Bush was not nearly as friendly to gun owners as the NRA said he would be so you never know what a candidate will do for sure.  McCain might just not give a shit, he turns against republicans on a dime, he's a one term president if he gets in and he's in the twilight of his life.  For democrats, they've learned to avoid the gun issue like a hot potato and many of them who did not found a quick end to their careers.  who knows tho...  They rolled over in NO and gave up their guns after Katrina, but I'm telling you, States like Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho etc; there would be a lot of blackwater/other fools in the ground if they tried...  I don't see either of these candidates going after guns.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 04:24:07 PM »
Apparently u have never seen Blackwater work......
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 04:32:49 PM »
Apparently u have never seen Blackwater work......

They work for the highest bidder, ...so unless these militias can pay more than those bastards who've been raping & pillaging the US Treasury for the past 8 yrs, ...they'll be SOL when it comes using Blackwater services.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
bababwbwbwbw...haliburto n..waaaaaaaaaaa Blackwater...waaaaaaahuu h...cheney...Jag shut up. I believe Hugo's point was that if Katrina looters had been better armed they would have done so much better against heavily armed and well trained Ex  Navy Seals and SOF guys.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
i dont think its a violation of my 2nd amendment rights...if technology gets that far then im sure you will be allowed to program a few ppl to shoot a gun. It would be smart to be able to make firearms only able to operate with the person they are registered to and those that they allow. But I agree that it is a slippery slope but this aspect no i would not have a problem with.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »
The Cuban Liquor was from my grandfather who used to fly in his plane in the 50s and 60s to gamble and enjoy the resort type of atmosphere that Cuba had back then.  I wish I didn`t trade that liquor in hindsight.
LOL the liquor was probably worth more than the sks.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »
Bush was not nearly as friendly to gun owners as the NRA said he would be so you never know what a candidate will do for sure.  McCain might just not give a shit, he turns against republicans on a dime, he's a one term president if he gets in and he's in the twilight of his life.  For democrats, they've learned to avoid the gun issue like a hot potato and many of them who did not found a quick end to their careers.  who knows tho...  They rolled over in NO and gave up their guns after Katrina, but I'm telling you, States like Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Idaho etc; there would be a lot of blackwater/other fools in the ground if they tried...  I don't see either of these candidates going after guns.
I think what most ppl dont understand is that you dont have to ban all guns to have an effect. Raising taxes on ammo, passing laws that say you have to keep ammo at secure locations, accessory bans, hi cap magazine bans, concealed carry permits and what they allow and dont all effect your 2nd ammendment rights. Its not just about banning guns its about so much more than that.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »
I think what most ppl dont understand is that you dont have to ban all guns to have an effect. Raising taxes on ammo, passing laws that say you have to keep ammo at secure locations, accessory bans, hi cap magazine bans, concealed carry permits and what they allow and dont all effect your 2nd ammendment rights. Its not just about banning guns its about so much more than that.
I do understand that and have always opposed it.