Author Topic: im sick of protein powder and their sweetners costs and crap-all whole food...  (Read 10669 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
I pretty much agree.  I think someone like you should only consider a protein supplement that contains ergogens.
and let me guess your "company" makes a product just like that, right Chris? ::)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
and let me guess your "company" makes a product just like that, right Chris? ::)

We do, as do others.  Thanks for asking!
w

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
We do, as do others.  Thanks for asking!
hahahahhaa, awfully convenient wouldn't you say? :o

Griffith

• Getbig V
you eat steak 4 or 5 times a week?

are you people retarded?

jesus christ, 2 grams per pound of body weight. protein. do it EVERYDAY.

On the days I'm not having steak I have tuna or some salmon instead.
Or I'll have higher carbs on those days and and reduce the protein.
I don't think meat every day could be that good in the long run, so sometimes it's steak every other day.

So far it seems to be working, but I'll have to still see how it goes.

I was on an Atkins type diet before that with very high protein and lots of raw eggs...but I had no energy because of the low carbs. Maybe it works for others but I need higher carbs to have any energy in the gym.
I've also ditched the raw eggs or any eggs.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
What are "ergogens" ???

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
What are "ergogens" ???
bullshit fillers that don't do anything except make it cost more money.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
im gonna start eating more whole food meals...im sick and tired of powders!!! all i want is to drink a shake post workout and thats it! im sick of spending too much money on powders!
what kind of diff will i notice from having 3 shakes and 3 meals to 5 meals and 1 shake?
actually... in sheer protein weight, pound for pound powders are cheaper than whole foods...

and it's nice for convenience right after the workout is done. and at other times when short on time.

you eat a whole food meal right when you come home anyways right?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
bullshit fillers that don't do anything except make it cost more money.

I'm sure they got bulletproof studies!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
I'm sure they got bulletproof studies!
hahahah, complete with pictures of pro bodybuilders in a "lab" with "scientists" in lab coats.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
i drink 2-3 shakes a day because my schedule will not let me sit down and eat 6 solid meals a day, but like anything moderation is the key.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
hahahah, complete with pictures of pro bodybuilders in a "lab" with "scientists" in lab coats.

Uuuhhh, kinky!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
What are "ergogens" ???

For purposes of this discussion, something that has an anabolic effect above and beyond its nutritive value.  Creatine is an example of an ergogen. 
w

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
For purposes of this discussion, something that has an anabolic effect above and beyond its nutritive value.  Creatine is an example of an ergogen.

What other ergogens are there? And how is their anabolic effect quantified?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
i dont notice any difference on and off creatine..maybe its just me...

i've heard that there are science. studies to back it up? but it dont dont notice shit on and off..

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

yes i second this

by "masons" definition perhaps there are added vitamins/antioxidants, if thats the case stick to veggies and fruit juices
A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
yes i second this

by "masons" definition perhaps there are added vitamins/antioxidants, if thats the case stick to veggies and fruit juices
he said beyond any nutritional value..

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
i dont notice any difference on and off creatine..maybe its just me...

i've heard that there are science. studies to back it up? but it dont dont notice shit on and off..

Same here, goes for all supps for me. Creatine maybe has a small effect on some people.
But maybe there's new stuff.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Same here, goes for all supps for me. Creatine maybe has a small effect on some people.
But maybe there's new stuff.
yeah... you mean like this maybe?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
yeah... you mean like this maybe?

Impressive, that guy's biceps sure got huge on "Creakic"!

chris_mason

• Getbig IV

There are very few actually.  Remember, I said for the purposes of this discussion.  This might be a better one:

The term ergogenic aid refers to a substance that can increase the capacity for bodily or mental labor, especially by eliminating fatigue symptoms. Nutritional ergogenic aids refer to substances that enhance performance and are either nutrients, metabolic by-products of nutrients, food (plant) extracts, or substances commonly found in foods (e.g., caffeine and creatine) that are provided in amounts more concentrated than commonly found in the natural food supply. The non-nutritional ergogenic aids, including anabolic steroids and their analogues, continue to be used by athletes, but because they are nearly universally banned by sports organizing bodies (NCAA, IOC, USOC, and so on), they are not the focus of this chapter. Instead, this chapter focuses on the legal nutritional ergogenic aids, for which there is an increasing body of scientific information.

Beta alanine, HMB, caffeine, synephrine, Microlactin(R), and there are others.
w

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Impressive, that guy's biceps sure got huge on "Creakic"!
yeah i'm thinking of getting some. maybe some Aplodan to. It increases muscle fiber activation by 83%. im gonna get hooooge!

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
protein powder or real food??? what does it matter? as a natural you won't gain shit either way. Once you get on some test and deca it doesn't matter either cause the drugs will make you build muscle as long as you eat enough calories and protein in general.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
There are very few actually.  Remember, I said for the purposes of this discussion.  This might be a better one:

The term ergogenic aid refers to a substance that can increase the capacity for bodily or mental labor, especially by eliminating fatigue symptoms. Nutritional ergogenic aids refer to substances that enhance performance and are either nutrients, metabolic by-products of nutrients, food (plant) extracts, or substances commonly found in foods (e.g., caffeine and creatine) that are provided in amounts more concentrated than commonly found in the natural food supply. The non-nutritional ergogenic aids, including anabolic steroids and their analogues, continue to be used by athletes, but because they are nearly universally banned by sports organizing bodies (NCAA, IOC, USOC, and so on), they are not the focus of this chapter. Instead, this chapter focuses on the legal nutritional ergogenic aids, for which there is an increasing body of scientific information.

Beta alanine, HMB, caffeine, synephrine, Microlactin(R), and there are others.
you shouldn't have added caffeine, synephrine in there. those are stimulants (aka drugs)

about the others is there really any reliable studies that say they work?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
about the others is there really any reliable studies that say they work?

You posted one yourself, 83% muscle fiber activation!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
You posted one yourself, 83% muscle fiber activation!
i forgot to add a big

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

for the dummies  ;D