Author Topic: Is 400mg test a week even worth it?  (Read 3909 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Is 400mg test a week even worth it?
« on: October 27, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »
I've been doing research on aas for the last eight months just to gain some insight, and it seems that anything in the "lower" sub 500 range is not even worth, or i should say perhaps a bit more "unpopular" in the bb'ing world.

I just mean test ALONE

Not stacked with anything like dianabol or deca..
But it cant just not "do anything", I mean it may not swell you up for maximum bulk, but it would seem to add lean mass at least (if followed with proper diet)?

BTW- should anti-estrogens be incorporated at such a low mg dosage? Im thinking it should?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Is 400mg test a week even worth it?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 02:14:27 PM »
Sure it would, especially if you haven't done a cycle before.  500mg is just an arbitrary number people throw out for first timers.  It also depends on your goals, so if you just want to put on a few extra pounds, 16 weeks at 400mg would be fine.  I'd have some AI's or a SERM on hand just in case you start to get gyno, you never know if you are prone to it until you run the cycle.  I don't aromatize much so I use a very moderate dose of an AI on heavy cycles.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:15:22 PM »
1st cycle you will probably gain quite well.

You should always start small and see what happens. I think 400ml should be enough to see.

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 02:17:22 PM »
YES.

Not going to tollerate your BS Swede!. Respect all the members here or dont come back!

If you worried about gyno and so on you could try Adex 0.5mg eod

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »
Thanks for replies pilgrim, emmortal.

Yes it would be my first cycle. Im trying (and have been) doing as much research as possible into this.. Kinda skeptic putting something in  body without understanding it.

1- How do some of these guys go around with unblemished, clear, acne free skin and knowing they are on tons of aas? If ACCUTANE "the answer" for acne? I know its extremely powerful chemical and fortunately my dr. talked me out of using it. BUT, if acne was to become a problem, what would be the best resolution?

thanks...

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 02:23:16 PM »
YES.

Only stupid Ameicans would say otherwise.

If you worried about gyno and so on you could try Adex 0.5mg eod

yes I agree swede. (tho i am an American  ;D, i see so many gym rats that are juiced to the gills, yet by the look of it, these fellas dont have background in chemistry... im doin all the readin i can

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 02:24:36 PM »
yes, i did test alone 500 mg and i gained 30 pounds, lost it but thats another story.

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
yes I agree swede. (tho i am an American  ;D, i see so many gym rats that are juiced to the gills, yet by the look of it, these fellas dont have background in chemistry... im doin all the readin i can

400mg ew with some adex is good first cycle, try to put it at 2 injections a week to minimize sideffects =)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 02:25:11 PM »
Thanks for replies pilgrim, emmortal.

Yes it would be my first cycle. Im trying (and have been) doing as much research as possible into this.. Kinda skeptic putting something in  body without understanding it.

1- How do some of these guys go around with unblemished, clear, acne free skin and knowing they are on tons of aas? If ACCUTANE "the answer" for acne? I know its extremely powerful chemical and fortunately my dr. talked me out of using it. BUT, if acne was to become a problem, what would be the best resolution?

thanks...
acne is genetic just like hair loss. if you have a tendency to get it aas will probably make it worse..

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »

thanks...

All the acne i ever got was on my back. Never had a problem with the face.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »
i think the mistake beginners make is taking way too much stuff on their first cycle.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 02:34:29 PM »
I am 21, I first picked up a weight at 17, and have stayed constant training year round since then. I used to never do cardio, but the last 6 months I have tried training with more emphasis on endurance and cardio, i just dont feel a comfortable state of mind if i cant run 3 miles at least without ease.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 02:38:17 PM »
i think the mistake beginners make is taking way too much stuff on their first cycle.

Yup, indeed.  As far as acne goes, check out the Pimples thread in the Nutrition board posted by 240, some good advice in there.  I get a little acne only from deca though and it comes up on my shoulders and upper back.  I take a Benedryl Allergy tab every night to keep it cleared up.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 02:42:52 PM »
I've been doing research on aas for the last eight months just to gain some insight, and it seems that anything in the "lower" sub 500 range is not even worth, or i should say perhaps a bit more "unpopular" in the bb'ing world.

I just mean test ALONE

But it cant just not "do anything", I mean it may not swell you up for maximum bulk, but it would seem to add lean mass at least (if followed with proper diet)?

BTW- should anti-estrogens be incorporated at such a low mg dosage? Im thinking it should?

It's enough. However i suggest you take dbol or a frontload so you can feel the pleasures earlier.

Arimidex is nice to block any estrogenic side-effects. I prefer proviron because it produces more free test.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 02:46:43 PM »
1st cycle you will probably gain quite well.

You should always start small and see what happens. I think 400ml should be enough to see.
400ml? you mean 400mg

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 02:48:21 PM »

I just mean test ALONE

when times are tough or can't get my hands on enough I do 500mg to this day and see results.

spirospros

• Getbig II
  • train to be your best
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 03:30:22 PM »
yes, i did test alone 500 mg and i gained 30 pounds, lost it but thats another story.
500mg - 30pounds  :o great

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2008, 04:14:40 PM »
500mg is just an arbitrary number people throw out for first timers. 
normally with test people go by 250's... 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000...etc etc... with deca in 200's...prop in 100's...ect ect... just going by normal human grade doseages..

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
normally with test people go by 250's... 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, 2000...etc etc... with deca in 200's...prop in 100's...ect ect... just going by normal human grade doseages..

Well human grade does come in 100, 200 and 300mg dosages :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »
Well human grade does come in 100, 200 and 300mg dosages :)
hahhah well FUCK ME im an idiot.

just most test e and sust i see on the market made by pharma's is 250mg/cc

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
hahhah well FUCK ME im an idiot.

just most test e and sust i see on the market made by pharma's is 250mg/cc

Yea, most amps come in that dose, but remember, HG does come in vials and can be dosed at whatever mg/ml ratio.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 04:58:13 PM »
Yea, most amps come in that dose, but remember, HG does come in vials and can be dosed at whatever mg/ml ratio.
what do you mean ?

are you talking about the beginning of the process, with the raw powder in the factory, or are certain hg gear sold in a way where the buyer can dose it however they wish ?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2008, 05:11:11 PM »
what do you mean ?

are you talking about the beginning of the process, with the raw powder in the factory, or are certain hg gear sold in a way where the buyer can dose it however they wish ?

I'm talking about he beginning of the process,  Pfizer, amongst many others, has 100mg and 200mg Depo-Testosterone.

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2008, 05:16:41 PM »
my first ever cycle was when i was 18 and i did 300mgs of test cyp by itself and put on about 20 pounds...just make sure you eat good and train hardd..

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 02:58:15 AM »
Hell yes.  My 2 "cycles" have been lighter than that.  There's nothing magical going to happen at that dose tho.  Diet, sleep, and training are still where it's at.

Not sure I agree with using at 21 unless you're already an advanced bodybuilder, but it's your call man.

Keep away from Tprop and Sustanon for your first imo.  TE has zero sting compared.  Don't go overboard with the AIs & SERMs but have them handy.  Consider hcg while on.  Use only HG of course.

I'd recommend getting FULL bloodwork done before starting, liver, lipids, androgens, estrogens, lh & fsh, igf1, ffa, sugar, cortisol, prolactin, everything you can think of, so you'll have a natural baseline for comparison later.