Author Topic: Gegard Mousasi to fight Vitor Belfort at Affliction 2?  (Read 913 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Gegard Mousasi to fight Vitor Belfort at Affliction 2?
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »
Gegard Mousasi: I'm Fighting Vitor Belfort, Fedor to Fight Josh Barnett Both at Affliction's January Show
by Luke Thomas on Sep 30, 2008 4:46 PM EDT in News

Fighter's Only mag breaks the story:

DREAM middleweight champion Gegard Mousasi expects to face Vitor Belfort on Affliction’s next MMA show in January.

Speaking to Fighters Only this week, he revealed that the US organisation wants him to fight the Brazilian, while Red Devil team mate Fedor Emelianenko may face Josh Barnett.

“I’m going to train with Fedor in preparation for Affliction in January,” he said. “I think it is Fedor against Josh Barnett and they want me to fight Vitor Belfort.”

Mousasi is part of the Red Devil International team and he shares a manager with Fedor in the shape of Vadim Finkelstein.

Notice Mousasi said "think" in regards to Fedor vs. Barnett, but it's worth acknowleding in this space. The more important story, though, is that if true Affliction scrapped their Arlovski vs. Barnett fight in favor of bringing Fedor into the fold. Without getting confirmation from Affliction regarding these developments we should take the news with a grain of salt. But if true, this portends a great deal for Arlovski and his future with Affliction as well as Golden Boy's first co-promoted show. Add to that having Mousasi introduced to American fans and we have exciting (though not terribly marketable) developments.

Would be a good fight for Vitor at Middleweight against a credible opponent.

Anybody got any new info on him? Post it in here!

I am a huge Vitor fan as you could probably tell by this thread and if anybody has anything to add or say about The Phenom you are very welcome to post it in here!.

WAR VITOR
Predictions
 40/61

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Gegard Mousasi to fight Vitor Belfort at Affliction 2?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:11:07 AM »
I would much rather see this than Vitor v. Lindland.  I think it's a much more exciting fight.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Gegard Mousasi to fight Vitor Belfort at Affliction 2?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:58:36 AM »
I would much rather see this than Vitor v. Lindland.  I think it's a much more exciting fight.

Lindland is good, but a fight between him and Vitor would look like Vitors last fight against Randy. 
Predictions
 40/61