Author Topic: 2 Yummy recipes  (Read 761 times)

newmom

2 Yummy recipes
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »
I'm not a bodybuilder or anything, but am training for the 2009 NYC marathon. As some may know, as of this morning I have lost 122 pounds and within  12 pounds of my goal. When I loose 7 of those 12 pounds, I will have lost half of my body weight. Yes I weighed 262.8 pounds when I signed up at the gym and weight watchers on Feburary 8th 2008 (I weigh 140) Getting bored with same old chicken and stuff, I have found 2 really good recipes, even my three year old loved them.

This sweet and tangy pineapple chicken is a quick and easy supper dish. All it needs is some rice on the side. If you like, add more crushed red pepper to give it an extra kick.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients:
4 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I would use a pinch unless you dont mind spicy)
1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish. Combine tamari or soy sauce with brown sugar, ginger, crushed pepper and pineapple in a small bowl. Pour over chicken. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, basting frequently with juices. Serve with rice.
Serves 4
Per Serving: Calories 201, Calories from Fat 17, Total Fat 1.9g (sat 0.5g), cholesterol 82mg, Sodium 625mg, Carbohydrate 12.4g, Fiber 0.6g, Protein 33.7g

and the other (really for portion control for my sake) and may try it with ground turkey

The beauty of mini meatloaves is that they cook in less than half the time of a regular meatloaf. These mini chicken meatloaves are a perfect exercise in portion control, as well as a great alternative to the more usual ground beef variety.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients:
1 pound extra-lean ground chicken
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 egg, lightly beaten
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Coat a 12-pan muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl , use a fork to combine ground chicken with onion, carrots, mushrooms, parsley and breadcrumbs. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and egg, and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling each about half full.

Bake for 20-25 minutes, making sure that the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.

Per Serving (two mini meatloaves): Calories 153, Calories from Fat 42, Total Fat 4.8g (sat 1g), Cholesterol 98mg, Sodium 254mg, Carbohydrate 10.4g, Fiber 1.1g, Protein 17.3g