Author Topic: Max-OT discussion here/ various links for the protocol inside  (Read 29166 times)

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Max-OT discussion here/ various links for the protocol inside
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2005, 09:07:58 AM »
Max-OT is awesome!  I've used it in the past but I've never really fully adhered to the whole program, for instance, I'd do a max-ot back routine, and then on leg day I'd do 12 sets with 8-12 reps, and drop sets etc..... Well that was a big mistake!  I know follow the principles to a "T" and I'm the strongest I've ever been before!  I find it useful to keep a journal so you know exactly the weight, and how many reps you should be aiming for.  I strive to achieve more of each in each workout. It's the progressive overload which will result in muscle growth!  And if testorage really read the Max-OT training course, he'd realize that HIGH REPS are fatiguing the muscle......not good!  Read week 11 of the max-ot protocol, you'll see that going light pre-contest is one of the worst things you can do!  I mean, what do you think resulted in the muscle growth and gains in the first place?  OVERLOAD!  So guess what happens when you start dieting, and lower the weights?  You'll catabolic enuff from the diet, and now your muscles are gonna atrophy from light weight. ;D
Team Willet
Max-OT

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2005, 01:15:24 PM »
i've just gotta say, the spelling mistakes i'm encoutering while reading the max-ot articles are driving me crazy.  You'd think he'd take the time to spell check the ideas that he's "selling" to so many people....
:-)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2005, 01:52:12 PM »
Skip La Cour has a new DVD out, where he goes into detail about how he trains Max-OT.

I will check it out. Here's a link to the preview trailer, DVD looks well produced. None of the Okabe editing difficulties, more comparable with the Muscletime.com guys.

http://skiplacour.com/lacour_dvd_pom.wmv

And the info about the DVD:

http://www.skiplacour.com/POM_DVD.htm

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2005, 09:09:52 PM »
i've just gotta say, the spelling mistakes i'm encoutering while reading the max-ot articles are driving me crazy.  You'd think he'd take the time to spell check the ideas that he's "selling" to so many people....

WTF are you talking about?  There's no errors.

Hedge, I'll probably order that DVD.  I've been doing MAX-OT for two years now and the results are fantastic. I ordered Jeff Willets and they were decent but this new DVD looks better.  I'll post my opinion at a later date.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2005, 12:40:23 PM »
WTF are you talking about?  There's no errors.

Hedge, I'll probably order that DVD.  I've been doing MAX-OT for two years now and the results are fantastic. I ordered Jeff Willets and they were decent but this new DVD looks better.  I'll post my opinion at a later date.

One of LaCour's e-books, Think Big, are available for free at this link, on the left side of the page. I haven't read it, but I like a lot of his articles, especially those which focuses on the mental aspect of being in the iron game.

Even though I train HST, and not Max-OT (I've tried Max-OT in the past), I think there's a lot to learn from LaCour, both when it comes to training, but not the least learn from his approach to bodybuilding in general. That is what kicks ass IMO.

http://www.fitrx.com/fitrx/skiplacour.asp

There are some clips available as well.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2005, 06:40:58 PM »
Quick question for those that train Max-OT.  If the program calls for 3 sets and u get 6 reps on 1st, 4-5 on 2nd and only 3 on 3rd is the weight just right, too heavy, or would u increase cause u got 6 on first set ???

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2005, 05:37:58 PM »
Next time you lift, up the weight on your first set by 10lbs or 5%

24Hourpro

• Getbig III
  • Its hard to be humble when you're huge.
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2005, 04:27:37 AM »
One of LaCour's e-books, Think Big, are available for free at this link, on the left side of the page. I haven't read it, but I like a lot of his articles, especially those which focuses on the mental aspect of being in the iron game.

Even though I train HST, and not Max-OT (I've tried Max-OT in the past), I think there's a lot to learn from LaCour, both when it comes to training, but not the least learn from his approach to bodybuilding in general. That is what kicks ass IMO.

http://www.fitrx.com/fitrx/skiplacour.asp

There are some clips available as well.

YIP
Zack
Do you follow HST to the letter from the HST website?

How long you been doin HST?
ironmass.com

Duke Poopem

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2005, 09:56:21 PM »
Hey fellas, did the 12 weeks of MAX-OT and had decent results. Strength went up nicely. Size increase ok.

HAs anyone else's elbow joints (inside arm) hurt like hell? I've tried wraps, glucosamine-chondroitan and different grips on the barbell. Man, those suckers hurt.

Duke

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2005, 04:04:50 PM »
I completed the Max-OT training program some time ago, but I can honestly say it was a good structure for what I was looking to accomplish. I achieved more strength than size but thats what I was looking for. I am considering giving it another try. I have kept some of the basic ideas of Max-OT in my current workouts. Overall a very nice program! Give it a try, you may just stick to it for years to come.

Balls2theWalls

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2005, 03:54:40 AM »
I achieved my lifelong goal at 44 years of age of benching 300lbs on Max-ot.

Cheers

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2005, 06:35:56 PM »
I achieved my lifelong goal at 44 years of age of benching 300lbs on Max-ot.

Cheers

CONGRATS  :D 

Its amazing how easily Max-OT can get you past a sticking point