Author Topic: Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In WeHo  (Read 792 times)

y19mike77

• Getbig II
Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In WeHo
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) ― A Halloween decoration showing a mannequin dressed as vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin hanging by a noose from the roof of a West Hollywood home is drawing giggles from some passers-by and gasps of outrage from others.

The mannequin is dressed in brunet wig, glasses and a red business suit. Another mannequin dressed as John McCain emerges from a flaming chimney.

Chad Michael Morisette, who lives in the house, told CBS 2 News that drivers and bus passengers have been stopping to snap pictures of the macabre scene.

Morisette says the effigy would be out of bounds at any other time of year, but it's within the spirit of Halloween.

He says "it should be seen as art, and as within the month of October. It's Halloween, it's time to be scary it's time to be spooky."

Could you imagine if I did the same thing to Obama. I would be called an racist and more then likely be ordered to take it down.

Its ok tho as long a you depict white christians only.

y19mike77

• Getbig II

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
Re: Halloween Palin Prop Sparks Controversy In WeHo
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »
Could you imagine if I did the same thing to Obama. I would be called an racist and more then likely be ordered to take it down.

people have done the same with Obama.  they were ridiculed in the press, just like this guy is.  but they weren't ordered to take it down.

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:52:12 PM »
Show me a link please.

If it was Obama it would be all over the major networks. When I watch the news tonight we will see if it is covered or not.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »
Poor form and unacceptable on my book - don't know what possesses ppl to do such things. If it's in "fun" make it fun then, not appalling. Similar thing already with Obama, done in "Halloween" spirit, some ghost thing with Obama stickers all over it with a noose holding it up, was on the news.

Issue with Obama, considering the feds themself have arrested people on 2 seperate threats on his life, questioned dozens of others over the hundreds of threats on his life, one must really wonder if some neonazi nutbag will off him.

Too many nutbags around nowadays :-\

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 12:58:17 PM »
I dont wanna see anyone hurt.

I also do not really have a problem with a display like that. As long as it can be done both ways. I love freedom of speech (which libs hate Fairness doctirine anyone?) If I agree with you or not I wanna hear it all.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
LOL their justification for it is that its "art" and with "art there will always be ppl who like it and ppl who dont like it"  ::) ridiculous im with you CQ way to many nuts around now or days I think the two parties have played the american ppl against each other instead of working toward a common good and its resulted in ppl like benny, and busted and many others who cant even begin to see the other sides point of view and results in insults and blah blah blah...shit is very sad

y19mike77

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 05:56:04 AM »
Thanx for the links