Author Topic: If they really wanted to clean up bodybuilding  (Read 2966 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
If they really wanted to clean up bodybuilding
« on: October 28, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »
And make it something that the majority of us (at least on here) would be enthusiastic about again, all they would have to do is:

- Seriously penalize distended guts and gyno - I mean seriously, you got em, you don't win.

- Bring back old fashioned trunks that cover the buttocks and remove asscheeks as a serious muscle group.

- Penalize guys for stripper type routines. Tony Freeman's lustful stares in his thong are not necessary. Kai Green's stripper routine for a hen night/ gay cabaret are not needed or helpful.

- Make mass LESS important than aesthetics, or at least make aesthetics more important.

Just a few thoughts..feel free to add or tell me I'm talking shit.
O

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: If they really wanted to clean up bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 03:24:56 PM »
You forgot the best one the use of Synthol.Fuck I never understood why a guy like Milos would shoot his small arms and actually think they looked better.Dohhhhhhh then lay dying from a shot into his bloodstream.Who did that shot?????I think she is very close to him. ::)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »
You forgot the best one the use of Synthol.Fuck I never understood why a guy like Milos would shoot his small arms and actually think they looked better.Dohhhhhhh then lay dying from a shot into his bloodstream.Who did that shot?????I think she is very close to him. ::)

Absolutely, add that to the list. Problem is, I think they all use it - even the ones where it isn't absolutely obvious.
O

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
agreed

E
E

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 03:34:30 PM »
Not all but some do.It blew me away when I found out how much use Flex had going on with the Mighty Synthol.How Fucking sad.As for the bigger trunks may not work as I think the Judges and the guys in the Front row love those arse shots.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »
Not all but some do.It blew me away when I found out how much use Flex had going on with the Mighty Synthol.How Fucking sad.As for the bigger trunks may not work as I think the Judges and the guys in the Front row love those arse shots.

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 06:50:37 PM »
All that Drug use for a 2nd and a failed Kidney.IQ very Low.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 10:01:36 PM »
- Penalize guys for stripper type routines. Tony Freeman's lustful stares in his thong are not necessary. Kai Green's stripper routine for a hen night/ gay cabaret are not needed or helpful.

Kai Green wins Best Poser award after Best Poser award for his routines and that is all you need to know. There doesn't need to be any penalties for entertaining routines... ;)

- Make mass LESS important than aesthetics, or at least make aesthetics more important.

This will likely start to downgrade the physiques of guys who may be just a little blocky or a little short, for more V-tapered physiques simply because they have a better frame/structure. In an ideal world, the judging guidelines are good as they are - an equal balance between proportion, symmetry, mass and aesthetics. But we know that doesn't always work out that way.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 10:08:46 PM »
who are "they" ?

Caveman

• Getbig II
  • Old-school is da shit
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 12:33:35 AM »
Make the vacuum pose mandatory, I'd like to see the freaks try to pull in that roid gut. If you can't do it the old school way then you finish dead last, no mather who you are.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 04:25:54 AM »

This will likely start to downgrade the physiques of guys who may be just a little blocky or a little short, for more V-tapered physiques simply because they have a better frame/structure.

Life's a bitch eh my friend.. What next, people getting rewarded just for being genetically blessed?
O

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 04:43:24 AM »
Life's a bitch eh my friend.. What next, people getting rewarded just for being genetically blessed?

Um... that is what you were stating, no?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 04:50:25 AM »
Um... that is what you were stating, no?

I said make mass less important. You said that it would penalize blocky guys and reward those with a better frame and structure. I said 'great, what's wrong with that?'  ???
O

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 05:00:08 AM »
I said make mass less important. You said that it would penalize blocky guys and reward those with a better frame and structure. I said 'great, what's wrong with that?'  ???

I agree that mass isn't the be all and end all of a good physique, but I prefer to stick to the IFBB's rules that the most balanced physique should win the show, regardless of whether they are as aesthetic as Lee Labrada or have a blocky waist like Cutler. I do get your point though.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 05:03:56 AM »
A clean bodybuilding, imo, can't stifle the personalities of the competitors-then you cross over into a boring bodybuilding, where it really is just looking at a bunch of men in trunks.  Get rid of the drugs, the sex for cash, and the props on stage and bbing would be something that could be looked at as positive for the most part. Then sometime in the future, just like everything else, we'd start getting some big drug free bbers with personalities that would entice even more people to the scene.  

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 06:08:25 AM »
And make it something that the majority of us (at least on here) would be enthusiastic about again, all they would have to do is:

- Seriously penalize distended guts and gyno - I mean seriously, you got em, you don't win.

- Bring back old fashioned trunks that cover the buttocks and remove asscheeks as a serious muscle group.

Just a few thoughts..feel free to add or tell me I'm talking shit.

That sounds like a very good start.
I would make them take CT scans for synthol as well.
Most are all show no go!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 06:16:16 AM »
cleaning up bodybuilding= getting rid of the smell of rotting flesh in India with 1 can of air freshner

Vince Goodrum CSN MFG

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 06:40:48 AM »
It is heading in the right direction.
Bodybuilding belongs to the gay people.
Not the ordinary gay, the gay crazy muscle fetish
people.
We are the only, real, supporters of the BB industry.
Just look at the afterparties, that is the real industry supporters.
Go away hetero men, you dont belong in the BB audience.
Unless you bring lots of money and some musclebound male friends
with extravagnza clothing.
No more boring normalize, clean up, mainstream, hetero talk.
Bodybuilding is mostly for the Gaypeople deal with it.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 07:29:51 AM »
It is heading in the right direction.
Bodybuilding belongs to the gay people.
Not the ordinary gay, the gay crazy muscle fetish
people.
We are the only, real, supporters of the BB industry.
Just look at the afterparties, that is the real industry supporters.
Go away hetero men, you dont belong in the BB audience.
Unless you bring lots of money and some musclebound male friends
with extravagnza clothing.
No more boring normalize, clean up, mainstream, hetero talk.
Bodybuilding is mostly for the Gaypeople deal with it.

;D
O