Author Topic: Is this really possible?  (Read 5017 times)

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
Is this really possible?
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:14:03 AM »
I know the traditional theory states that one should try and build lean muscle while shedding fat.
In practice, we know it hardly works, that is why most of us either bulk up or cut, but not both.

However, I am noticing a funny occurrence:

I started my cutting cycle 6 weeks ago. Low carbs, plenty of water, liquid protein only after 5pm, cardio, etc....
Surprisingly, my weight has actually gone up, but I can clearly see and feel that I have become slimmer: more definition on the abs, more cuts, few new veins popped up and most of my pants fit looser around the waist. At the same time, my strength marginally increased and I added 10-15 pounds on most of my basic compound exercises.

So, whats going on? Am I actually really loosing fat and adding muscle at the same time?

Opinions appreciated.

Thx

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Is this really possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:41:29 AM »
When you first start with these things allmost anything is possible, because of increased lipolysis and hormonal levels. Trust me it will catch up to you sooner or later.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:11:06 AM »
You got some protein powder mixed laced with gear!!

Seriously though you were probably just  in need of change!

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »
I know the traditional theory states that one should try and build lean muscle while shedding fat.
In practice, we know it hardly works, that is why most of us either bulk up or cut, but not both.

However, I am noticing a funny occurrence:

I started my cutting cycle 6 weeks ago. Low carbs, plenty of water, liquid protein only after 5pm, cardio, etc....
Surprisingly, my weight has actually gone up, but I can clearly see and feel that I have become slimmer: more definition on the abs, more cuts, few new veins popped up and most of my pants fit looser around the waist. At the same time, my strength marginally increased and I added 10-15 pounds on most of my basic compound exercises.

So, whats going on? Am I actually really loosing fat and adding muscle at the same time?

Opinions appreciated.

Thx

I think that's just a myth, if you workout seriously you will grow a little bit even on a cutting diet.

It happens to me too, I get leaner but my weight never gets below 180 and i have made significant improvements like ½-1 inch in some places. Strength however goes down, less reps if using the same weights and can't do as many sets with the same intensity as before.
tank u jesus

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »
Honestly, that whole you can't cut fat thing while putting on muscle is a serious sham.  Total and complete BS. Look at basically every new trainee and every really fat person out there.  That is exactly what they do. They put on muscle and cut fat at the exact same time.  Has everything to do with who is doing it.  Just like everything else, we should try and forget these things that people say and just find out for ourselves.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 12:10:16 AM »
thx guys, you given me some peace of mind 
gonna keep at it - feeling great and energetic and getting slimmer :)

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »
WTG on the your added growth!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
Yes, def possible to add muscle while losing fat