Author Topic: LEXAPRO  (Read 3390 times)

ONDEZNTS

• Getbig II
  • Go Hard or Go Home
LEXAPRO
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:46:55 AM »
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if taking 750mg of test e a week and lexapro daily would be O.K.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: LEXAPRO
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:43 PM »
Lexapro will fuck you up more than anything bro, i would do some research before you get on that rollercoaster.

FYI - Lexapro is one of the hardest drugs to come off of, be prepared to be emotionally numb for as long as you take that crap. Plus your dick might go into hibernation on that stuff, happens to a lot of people.

Other than that...750mg Test should not effect your mental drugs. Plenty of gear users take meds like Lex with no problems.

8)

gettinswole

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:46:12 PM »
my ex gf took that shit and that bitch was CRAZY!!!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
my ex gf took that shit and that bitch was CRAZY!!!!

yeah, thats been my experiences with it too.  It seems like people who are having problems, then go on that drug, and then drop completely off the deep end.  Im dealing with an employee now who's gone from down to depressed (then started Lexapro) to crazy to flat out psycho as hell anymore.     Its scary how bad it fucked her up.   

dustin

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 10:23:04 AM »
yeah, thats been my experiences with it too.  It seems like people who are having problems, then go on that drug, and then drop completely off the deep end.  Im dealing with an employee now who's gone from down to depressed (then started Lexapro) to crazy to flat out psycho as hell anymore.     Its scary how bad it fucked her up.   

Neat observation. I remember when some broads back in highschool started taking this... I thought it was a cry for attention they were acting so nutty, but then I saw that it was constant. If I were that loony, I'd find it exhausting!! She was a damn nut. I don't think these drugs are good for anyone. I'm sure some people find assurance in taking them but I'm positive a placebo would do the same thing.

I don't think serotonin is something that should be fucked with. Our understanding is FAR too infantile. It's completely irresponsible. I don't say this because of my personal experiences though, you just need to look at the facts. My personal experiences were negative so people think of me as bias, but even so... dangerous shit. I was prescribed Celexa which is an earlier s-stereoisomer but just as dangerous SSRI. I went from depressed to a complete zombie who was content with the thought of suicide. It disgusts me now to think of the frame of mind I was in. The SSRIs nearly pushed me over the edge. Suicide wasn't anything that would have disturbed me at the time, and I damn near attempted it on a few occasions.

When I was able to snap to my senses for a bit I realized that those drugs were turning me into a zombie even at a low dose so I stopped cold turkey. I went through horrible withdrawal, the type you see heroin junkies go through when they're writhing in agony on a bathroom floor - that kind. It was a nightmarish experience but after my body started to normalize I began deeply meditating and reflecting on things. I accepted SSRI treatment much too easily. I figured that my doctor would know best. And before I knew it I was brainwashed. I was NOT myself for months. And that's fucking scary. I've experience ego loss from phychedelic experiences so I'm not unfamiliar with the concept. But SSRIs can be dangerous. Too dangerous to be prescribed in their current fashion if you ask me. People need to be heavily monitored and evaluated beforehand.

A short while after cessation news reports started springing up about suicides on SSRIs and the whole black box issue... if I see my old doctor now I wouldn't mind fucking him up in a back alley. He had also mis diagnosed my grandmother a few years back and she had a heart attack because of his oversight. She had urged him to investigate certain ailments and the medication he had prescribed and he spent more energy arguing with her than evaluating the situation. Fucking scumbag...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »

How do you deal with her psychotic episodes?

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »
How do you deal with her psychotic episodes?

DIV
I want to fire her.  Unfortunately I cant. 

I'm really, really struggling with it to be honest.   If I was the practice owner where I worked, she would have been put on probation and probably fired already due to lost revenue.  I don't' work in private practice, so she's safe so far.  One day she's fine, then the next she's flat out a bitch looking for a fight, then she's all quiet and meek and then she falls apart and cries like an infant for a day or 2 and then she calls in sick.  After a 3 day weekend she's usually better.... to a point.  But this has been going on for the last 5 months and I'm flat out tired of it.  Shes' managed to miss over a month of work so far and she's running out of time to take off. 

I'll be the first to say I don't deal well with depression.  In my mind its a disease of the rich in that if you have enough time to worry about useless shit, then you obviously aren't working hard enough.   I dont' see what she's got to be depressed about or i don't understand it. Shit, she's got food, she's got a cute dog and cats, shes got a reasonable job, she's got freedom....   if thats depressing, she needs to move to a 3rd world country in my mind.   I know thats heartless and I know there are people out there with legitimate medical problems, but thats really how I see it.   If your life is that fucked up, get to work.  if you work long enough and hard enough, you'll be too tired to be depressed.   if you don't' have enough work to do, go to the gym.  Beat the shit out of yourself with a heavy barbell so you are thankful you can walk the next day. 

That approach actually worked, to a point.  I ran her into the ground for a month last summer.  The problem is she physically can't do it and she started making some really bad mistakes.   I'm at the point where i"m going to say fuck it. We hit the ground running at 9 Am and we stop when I say we stop at 6 or 7.   Lunch and cigarette breaks will be optional based on my mood.   She'll either get better or she'll break and I won't have to deal with her shit anymore.  She won't eat right (actually she's lost over 20 lbs, to the point of being physically frail), she smokes like a chimney.  She's got every excuse in the book not to exercise---primarily "fibromyalgia" but there are others.    She's fucking herself up that way alone. 

Like I said, I'm not the person to be dealing with someone with severe depression issues.    Combine those with drugs that mess you up even further and its really not a good thing at all. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 04:07:25 PM »
I want to fire her.  Unfortunately I cant. 

I'm really, really struggling with it to be honest.   If I was the practice owner where I worked, she would have been put on probation and probably fired already due to lost revenue.  I don't' work in private practice, so she's safe so far.  One day she's fine, then the next she's flat out a bitch looking for a fight, then she's all quiet and meek and then she falls apart and cries like an infant for a day or 2 and then she calls in sick.  After a 3 day weekend she's usually better.... to a point.  But this has been going on for the last 5 months and I'm flat out tired of it.  Shes' managed to miss over a month of work so far and she's running out of time to take off. 

I'll be the first to say I don't deal well with depression.  In my mind its a disease of the rich in that if you have enough time to worry about useless shit, then you obviously aren't working hard enough.   I dont' see what she's got to be depressed about or i don't understand it. Shit, she's got food, she's got a cute dog and cats, shes got a reasonable job, she's got freedom....   if thats depressing, she needs to move to a 3rd world country in my mind.   I know thats heartless and I know there are people out there with legitimate medical problems, but thats really how I see it.   If your life is that fucked up, get to work.  if you work long enough and hard enough, you'll be too tired to be depressed.   if you don't' have enough work to do, go to the gym.  Beat the shit out of yourself with a heavy barbell so you are thankful you can walk the next day. 

That approach actually worked, to a point.  I ran her into the ground for a month last summer.  The problem is she physically can't do it and she started making some really bad mistakes.   I'm at the point where i"m going to say fuck it. We hit the ground running at 9 Am and we stop when I say we stop at 6 or 7.   Lunch and cigarette breaks will be optional based on my mood.   She'll either get better or she'll break and I won't have to deal with her shit anymore.  She won't eat right (actually she's lost over 20 lbs, to the point of being physically frail), she smokes like a chimney.  She's got every excuse in the book not to exercise---primarily "fibromyalgia" but there are others.    She's fucking herself up that way alone. 

Like I said, I'm not the person to be dealing with someone with severe depression issues.    Combine those with drugs that mess you up even further and its really not a good thing at all. 

Coming from the military, I agree about that aspect of your statement.

When you are dog tired, you don't have the energy or time to be depressed.

Reality kind of takes precedence over "feelings".

I think you need to fire her.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »
Neat observation. I remember when some broads back in highschool started taking this... I thought it was a cry for attention they were acting so nutty, but then I saw that it was constant. If I were that loony, I'd find it exhausting!! She was a damn nut. I don't think these drugs are good for anyone. I'm sure some people find assurance in taking them but I'm positive a placebo would do the same thing.

I don't think serotonin is something that should be fucked with. Our understanding is FAR too infantile. It's completely irresponsible. I don't say this because of my personal experiences though, you just need to look at the facts. My personal experiences were negative so people think of me as bias, but even so... dangerous shit. I was prescribed Celexa which is an earlier s-stereoisomer but just as dangerous SSRI. I went from depressed to a complete zombie who was content with the thought of suicide. It disgusts me now to think of the frame of mind I was in. The SSRIs nearly pushed me over the edge. Suicide wasn't anything that would have disturbed me at the time, and I damn near attempted it on a few occasions.

When I was able to snap to my senses for a bit I realized that those drugs were turning me into a zombie even at a low dose so I stopped cold turkey. I went through horrible withdrawal, the type you see heroin junkies go through when they're writhing in agony on a bathroom floor - that kind. It was a nightmarish experience but after my body started to normalize I began deeply meditating and reflecting on things. I accepted SSRI treatment much too easily. I figured that my doctor would know best. And before I knew it I was brainwashed. I was NOT myself for months. And that's fucking scary. I've experience ego loss from phychedelic experiences so I'm not unfamiliar with the concept. But SSRIs can be dangerous. Too dangerous to be prescribed in their current fashion if you ask me. People need to be heavily monitored and evaluated beforehand.

A short while after cessation news reports started springing up about suicides on SSRIs and the whole black box issue... if I see my old doctor now I wouldn't mind fucking him up in a back alley. He had also mis diagnosed my grandmother a few years back and she had a heart attack because of his oversight. She had urged him to investigate certain ailments and the medication he had prescribed and he spent more energy arguing with her than evaluating the situation. Fucking scumbag...

I agree with you totally.   Too many doctors randomly hand out those drugs and they are drugs that will seriously fuck you up.  Hell Paxil turned my sisterinlaw into a raging chain smoking nympho while she was on it.  She'd been prescribed the drug to help he deal with a great deal of stress with a failing business and losing her job.  In my mind she should have taken a couple of days off, regrouped, and then gone back to work.   Instead she went on a months long bender that cumulated with her laying in bed crying like an idiot.  

I do think there are people who legitimately have psychological illnesses that require medication to be able to function.   the problem is when you start combining drugs that alter the brain----and when you combine them in the haphazard way I've seen human physicians prescribe them, its a recipe for pure disaster.  Those individuals need to be taught coping exercises first.   Then drugs need to be considered.   Hell, i was a poster child for ADD as a kid.   You know what my parents did?  I came home from school and I worked on the farm until the sun went down.   I was back up when the sun came up teh next day to finish before I went to school.  Drugs were never a thought.   ADD wasn't diagnosed until I was in college taking an abnormal psych class---and at that time I was an honor student on multiple scholarships.  I wasn't about to fuck that up.   I know ADD isn't the same as depression, not by a long shot, but as an example of an overmedicated disease, I think its a good one.  

dustin

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 05:27:11 PM »
I agree with you totally.   Too many doctors randomly hand out those drugs and they are drugs that will seriously fuck you up.  Hell Paxil turned my sisterinlaw into a raging chain smoking nympho while she was on it.  She'd been prescribed the drug to help he deal with a great deal of stress with a failing business and losing her job.  In my mind she should have taken a couple of days off, regrouped, and then gone back to work.   Instead she went on a months long bender that cumulated with her laying in bed crying like an idiot.  

I do think there are people who legitimately have psychological illnesses that require medication to be able to function.   the problem is when you start combining drugs that alter the brain----and when you combine them in the haphazard way I've seen human physicians prescribe them, its a recipe for pure disaster.  Those individuals need to be taught coping exercises first.   Then drugs need to be considered.   Hell, i was a poster child for ADD as a kid.   You know what my parents did?  I came home from school and I worked on the farm until the sun went down.   I was back up when the sun came up teh next day to finish before I went to school.  Drugs were never a thought.   ADD wasn't diagnosed until I was in college taking an abnormal psych class---and at that time I was an honor student on multiple scholarships.  I wasn't about to fuck that up.   I know ADD isn't the same as depression, not by a long shot, but as an example of an overmedicated disease, I think its a good one.  

I really agree with the last bit there, Vet. People try nothing and panic soon after because they're all out of ideas. That's just how the world works though. Almost no one in North America is really grounded anymore. People hop around day to day in a fantasy world, stressed out from the most retarded things and they can't work out their problems. I think that we just keep breeding generations of pussies and it's only going to get worse.

Psychological disorders, SERIOUS psychological disorders are still highly misunderstood. I think 90% of people could be fixed if you sat them in a room and slapped them silly any time they bitched and acted stupid. People need a cold, hard slap in the face so they can snap back to reality. Literally wipe off the sand in their vag and use their energy over things of greater importance. I'm ashamed to have had such bad anxiety and depression when I think back on it. Had someone slapped me silly I would have snapped out of it sooner. I used some psychedelics and chatted about things with some good friends and realized that I needed to change my perspective. I was so immersed in my train of though (which was complete negativity) that I was completely oblivious to everything around me. Honestly, teenagers don't have "problems". There are small challenges they can encounter, but nowadays kids break down and then their parents put them on some kinds of meds. Now we have sobbing, zombie vaginas that are not only living in an emo fantasy world but now they're on potent drugs that completely alter their perception.

I don't know if I'm just paranoid here, but I don't think that getting fucked up people on drugs as the first course of action is the more appropriate route. And that's why I resent my old family physician. Had he the balls to just tell me to lighten up and think things through rather than recommending an array of brainwashing pills that nearly killed me, maybe I wouldn't have had to go through that debacle? Some people don't learn from experiences like the one I had. Some people shoot up the popular kids that make fun of them or the school bully, some people turn to recreational drugs and commit heinous crimes. I'm lucky to have snapped out of it and stopped being a pussy. Others aren't so lucky. I've known a few friends who've had their lives turned in to a depressing void and it doesn't seem like anything can pull them out of it. They're on a myriad of drugs and totally gone. They're not with it anymore and they're in their early 20's like I am. How can anyone that short lived have THAT many problems? Honestly... I've made some grand fuck ups but even if I fucked up some more, it wouldn't send me in a downward spiral of worry, doubts and depression. I've got no time for that anymore. People just need to understand things a little better, become a little more cognizant. Drugs are a last resort for something as sensitive as these sorts of matters, imho.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
I used some psychedelics and chatted about things with some good friends and realized that I needed to change my perspective.

In other words you used DRUGS to deal with your mental problems.  :D Didn't you use to use weed also? That can be self medicating.

As far as your and Vet's comments, depression has little to do with external factors, life situation and such. Come on, you know this.

Antidepressants are tricky and we can discuss if people should medicate anxiety and depression. Maybe they should kill themselves off. I mean seriously... perhaps we are messing with evolution. But these drugs do save lives also. Just talked to a female who said Lexapro changed her life completely. She said other people are commenting that they are seeing the zest for life in her eyes again.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 05:59:20 PM »
If your life is that fucked up, get to work.  if you work long enough and hard enough, you'll be too tired to be depressed.   if you don't' have enough work to do, go to the gym.  Beat the shit out of yourself with a heavy barbell so you are thankful you can walk the next day. 

Sleep deprivation alleviates depression. That's well known. You are changing your brain chemistry.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
In other words you used DRUGS to deal with your mental problems.  :D Didn't you use to use weed also? That can be self medicating.

As far as your and Vet's comments, depression has little to do with external factors, life situation and such. Come on, you know this.

Antidepressants are tricky and we can discuss if people should medicate anxiety and depression. Maybe they should kill themselves off. I mean seriously... perhaps we are messing with evolution. But these drugs do save lives also. Just talked to a female who said Lexapro changed her life completely. She said other people are commenting that they are seeing the zest for life in her eyes again.
Yeah, I do know it, but that makes it even harder for me to understand.

Like I said, I'm the last person to have a subordinate with the problems she's got.   I realize it, but I'm also stubborn in how I'm approaching things and I realize that.   I see depression as its described by so many Americans as flat out being lazy, selfish, and self centered.   I keep saying over and over again that I do realize that there are people with legitimate diseases that people have that must have treatmetn----I worked as a med tech for years at an institution for mentally retarded and mentally ill adults.   I've worked with official crazies.  They are very different than the cute little self centered woman who walks around crying all the fucking time.   The ones I  worked with would hurt you and really not feel guilty about it.   

I agree completely with the kll themselves off bit......  completely is a bit too much though.   I get seriously pissed at the people I know who "attempted" suicide.   I went so far as to tell a former friend during a fight that I though they were a first class fuckup because she was too lazy and stupid to try to kill herself and get it right.    I then spent months feeling guilty forsaying what I said, but my guilt isn't going to change the fact I said what I thought.    I think evolutionarily humans have fucked themselves by eliminating predators.   Think about it, do you ever hear about depression in 3rd world countries where Lions or hyenas may come into the village at night and snag a kid or two?   Hell no.  Those people arent' depressed because they are too busy running for their lives.  Those that can't cope just croak.   Its for the better for everyone. 

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 10:32:49 PM »
Sleep deprivation alleviates depression. That's well known. You are changing your brain chemistry.

You know, thats been a topic I've discussed with this individual I know.   She's got this goofy idea she's got to sleep 12 or more hours a night or because of her "fibromyalgia" she cant function the next day.   I on the other hand sleep about 5, maybe 6 hours a night on average and a 30 minute nap during the day.   I'll push myself to get 7 the two weeks before a meet so I can come in fully rested, but even then, I dont sleep half the time that she does. 

I dont' understand how a person can just lay in bed and then worry like she does.   I told her, get up, do something.  Watch TV, read a book, write poetry, take the dog for a walk on the nights she wakes up at 1 AM.   Hell, where we live Tyra is on at 2 AM and she's generally good for a laugh.  She basically told me I was completely crazy for suggesting it.   She HAD to sleep.   Her doctor had told her so. 

I also know she's had multiple drugs prescribed by her shrink to make her sleep at night.  She's basically useless after 6:30-7 pm because she goes home and drugs her self into lala land per her doctors orders.  I also know from talking withher family, she'll take the drugs she takes before bedtime and frequently wakes up screaming later in the evening andinto the night.   And its not like yelling once or twice, it sounds to me like hysterical screaming, yelling, crying, even getting up and walking while crying.  She claims she doesn't remember it at all, but the last time scared the shit out of her mother.