Author Topic: Obama mixes up his black sitcom references  (Read 2559 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama mixes up his black sitcom references
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
Oh, my. Can you just imagine if Sarah Palin or John McCain made a crack like this and botched up their pop culture references to famous black comedy shows?

Can you just imagine the high dudgeon from every minority lawmaker? WaPo and NYTimes columnist? Civil rights organization? The cries of RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACI SM would shatter the political Richter scale.

This is what happens when a candidates goes off script.

Barack Obama, in Raleigh, N.C., was doing a riff attacking John McCain for supporting the idea of putting some mandatory retirement money into the stock market.

“If Senator McCain is elected, we’ll have another president who wants to privatize part of your Social Security. Could you imagine if you had your Social Security invested in the stock market these last two weeks, these last two months? You wouldn’t need Social Security. You’d be having a — like, what was it, Sanford and Son. `I’m coming Weezie!”

Weezie was on The Jeffersons.

The famous line Obama mixed up was from Redd Foxx’s Fred Sanford character, who faked having a heart attack to draw sympathy from his son, Lamont, on Sanford and Sons:

“Oh, this is the big one! You hear that, Elizabeth?! I’m coming to join you, honey!”

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Re: Obama mixes up his black sitcom references
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »
Sorry I had to....

Is it in anyway a big deal...nope but damm who is this guy really. He's a puppet...a muppet, something....anything but a real person. he's the borg of liberal bullshit packaged in a shiny happy package.
L

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:29:11 PM »
Sorry I had to....

Is it in anyway a big deal...nope but damm who is this guy really. He's a puppet...a muppet, something....anything but a real person. he's the borg of liberal bullshit packaged in a shiny happy package.

Obama is our great 3/4-white hope, our long-awaited messiah who's going to solve all our problems.  He's going to put a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage...  umm and and also a house attached to every garage.  You just wait and see...  Hail Obama!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »
Its the hail Obama part I'm sorta getting freaked out about. That shot of energy Mathews got for Obama, I get the same thing for a different reason when I see his rallies....I see Nuremberg or a Red Square a parade....its friggen creepy.
L

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »
Vote for the white half, LOL!

What can I tell ya?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »
Its the hail Obama part I'm sorta getting freaked out about. That shot of energy Mathews got for Obama, I get the same thing for a different reason when I see his rallies....I see Nuremberg or a Red Square a parade....its friggen creepy.
You will bow before his might!

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 03:38:22 PM »

Agreed...  He's already become a cult of personality and I fear it will only become more so.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »

Did you feel creepy when Bush advocated the use of torture?

Does torture sound even remotely American?

Pull your head out of your ass.
G

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 03:42:46 PM »
You will bow before his might!

Ur full of it...u aren't crazy about him  and u know some of this is down right weird. He gives a good speech and has an organzied campaign...great give him a star.

Hey GB...ur talking to the wrong guy....I don't care a bit about terrorist shitbags..not one bit not a smidge....not an iota...nothing. Another candidate for fuzzy bunny land ::)..its getting rather crowded there. Queen Jag will have to invade head in the sand land and find some room.
L

Pete Dimano

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 03:50:07 PM »
This is a huge deal.

This is the biggest political story of the year.

Thank you for sharing.
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »
Absolutely...ur welcome. Much like the Dallas Cowboys, I play down to my opponents.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 03:52:28 PM »
This is a huge deal.

This is the biggest political story of the year.

Thank you for sharing.

no more than applesauce jars falling behind mccain which had about 10 threads started about it... ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
Absolutely...ur welcome. Much like the Dallas Cowboys, I play down to my opponents.
alright HH6 you crossed the line take it back  >:(

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
I'm not sure what the hell is happening down there. Jerry has lost it and Philips looks lost...look my guy is out for the year...we all have our crosses to bare.
L

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 04:04:29 PM »
Ur full of it...u aren't crazy about him  and u know some of this is down right weird. He gives a good speech and has an organzied campaign...great give him a star.

Hey GB...ur talking to the wrong guy....I don't care a bit about terrorist shitbags..not one bit not a smidge....not an iota...nothing. Another candidate for fuzzy bunny land ::)..its getting rather crowded there. Queen Jag will have to invade head in the sand land and find some room.

And who designates a person a terrorist? Bush? So basically he would have the power that you find 'creepy' and the reason you started this thread?

Learn to analyze your thoughts.
G

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 04:38:16 PM »
I grew up with 'Cosby' - so I always thought black people where funny (Cliff), funny-cool (Theo), funny-cute (Rudy) or funny-sluttish (Lisa Bonet).

Black people - we knew they were the coolest. And remember thinking Carl Lewis was the shit - had a real good song too.

I remember when our local basketball club got some ex-college guy - all the way from the USA! to play for our club. There were no pics of him in the paper though. 

I knew our rivals from the next town had a black 'USA' guy, but I also knew that, unfortunately, not all 'USA' guys were black. But going to the game I still hoped for our own 'Theo'.

That sucker turned out to be some white kid named 'Barry' who didn't even have the decency to be 'cool' like my man Theo.         
Yeah, the guy could play. Was great.

But at 9 years old - I was disappointed.
I still am.

I'll never forgive you Barry.
As empty as paradise

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 06:32:55 PM »
Sorry I had to....

yeah we all know "real people" are perfect