Author Topic: All Diet II  (Read 7841 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: All Diet II
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
What's the time line of those pics? The black and white pic looks the best.

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Muscle!!! Get It!!!! GetBig!!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 11:28:11 AM »
what's your diet like friend?
you're ripped  :o

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 11:32:52 AM »
     The top pics are from the 2007 Jr. Michigan where I won the light-heavy weight class.  I was 187.5 pounds or close to that.  The most shredded I have ever been but I just was too light and lost the overall title.  The black and white is the biggest I have ever been at 198 pounds at the 2005 Mr. Michigan where I placed a disappointing third place but was beat by a national champion and a national competitor.  It was hard to not get nationally qualified with that physique.  The pic under the black and white is me in 2008 when I took the overall this year.  I like the black and white photos too.  For some reason they really bring in the details.  My video is up on my web site and I feel I look the best around 194 where I am ripped but a little fuller.  
     Seeing the surgeon on Monday again for my elbow.  Man, yesterday I dreamed of training back.  Crazy I know I just miss it.
     My mom is almost seventy years young.  Last week she hard three a side on the leg press for eight deep full reps, lol.  She is a great athlete.  I have always wanted to get back my 2005 condition.  I was so healthy then.  I was doing two hours of cadio a day and weights twice a day in total almost three hours of weights alone.  No pain at all.  I will get back to that soon..

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »
1 hr. cardio
(walking 10 incline 3 miles an hour)

10 Egg whites
1 Packet plain oatmeal
1 medium apple

2 chicken breasts

2 chicken breasts

2 chicken breasts

weights 1 hr. 15 minutes
45 minutes cardio
(walking 10 incline 3 miles an hour)

15 egg whites
2/3 cup white rice
2 scoops all natural peanut butter (so I could sleep)

* Every third day after training I would have 30 tuna sushi rolls.  So this was a high carb day..
* I would have sugar free jell-O until 10 days out.  Maybe 2 a day.
* Lots of sugar free crystal light (wal-mart brand I really like.)
* No sauces, just used Mrs. Dash on chicken.

Hope this helps.  Man typing this gets me motivated..... :)

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »
  :D me and my mom were training partners for about a year and a half.

Thats cool!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »
    The top pics are from the 2007 Jr. Michigan where I won the light-heavy weight class.  I was 187.5 pounds or close to that.  The most shredded I have ever been but I just was too light and lost the overall title.  The black and white is the biggest I have ever been at 198 pounds at the 2005 Mr. Michigan where I placed a disappointing third place but was beat by a national champion and a national competitor.  It was hard to not get nationally qualified with that physique.  The pic under the black and white is me in 2008 when I took the overall this year.  I like the black and white photos too.  For some reason they really bring in the details.  My video is up on my web site and I feel I look the best around 194 where I am ripped but a little fuller.  
     Seeing the surgeon on Monday again for my elbow.  Man, yesterday I dreamed of training back.  Crazy I know I just miss it.
     My mom is almost seventy years young.  Last week she hard three a side on the leg press for eight deep full reps, lol.  She is a great athlete.  I have always wanted to get back my 2005 condition.  I was so healthy then.  I was doing two hours of cadio a day and weights twice a day in total almost three hours of weights alone.  No pain at all.  I will get back to that soon..

What did your drug stack look like 2005 compared to 2007-2008? I understand if you don't want to discuss it.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 12:06:20 PM »
     In all honesty and I know I will get blasted and that is OK, I am prepared, it was the amount of food I was eating.  Crazy?  I think that is what made the difference.  No B.S.!  I was eating four pounds of extra lean turkey meat a day by Jenni-o.  I was new to a total bodybuilding diet so man no B.S. the extra lean turkey was not a problem to slam down (some days I couldn't get enough as I just eat it with mustard.)  Now a days It would take me two days to eat that with the dry heaves and all.  I am convinced the more CLEAN protein one eats the bigger and fuller they will look.  The diet was the same it was just I was getting in around 500 grams of protein a day.  Some will call bulls*it but I believe that made the difference.
     In 2008 I eat 60 dollars of sushi every single day.  I eat 60 tuna rolls a day!  That is why I was up to 196 again.  In 2007 I was broke and dieted on egg whites, chicken and rice and got lean as hell but had very little fullness.  Sushi, steak, and extra lean turkey meat is very expensive but I feel makes the difference.
     Hope this helps.  I think the weight difference has to do more with how much water a person pulls too.  Sometimes I pulled way to much water and looked to flat.  I need to find a good balance of being dry and staying full.  I used to get so dehydrated that I would loose ten-twelve pounds in four days and end up too flat and stringy. 

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »
     In all honesty and I know I will get blasted and that is OK, I am prepared, it was the amount of food I was eating.  Crazy?  I think that is what made the difference.  No B.S.!  I was eating four pounds of extra lean turkey meat a day by Jenni-o.  I was new to a total bodybuilding diet so man no B.S. the extra lean turkey was not a problem to slam down (some days I couldn't get enough as I just eat it with mustard.)  Now a days It would take me two days to eat that with the dry heaves and all.  I am convinced the more CLEAN protein one eats the bigger and fuller they will look.  The diet was the same it was just I was getting in around 500 grams of protein a day.  Some will call bulls*it but I believe that made the difference.
     In 2008 I eat 60 dollars of sushi every single day.  I eat 60 tuna rolls a day!  That is why I was up to 196 again.  In 2007 I was broke and dieted on egg whites, chicken and rice and got lean as hell but had very little fullness.  Sushi, steak, and extra lean turkey meat is very expensive but I feel makes the difference.
how did you ever get that lean eating that much food?

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 12:14:34 PM »
I did 1 hour and 45 minutes of cardio a day for nine weeks (every single day no days off.)  On off days from work I would do four cardio sessions a day of 30 minutes.  I would eat 30 tuna rolls and be starving a hour later.  Crazy but true.....

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 12:19:15 PM »
     Trust me I don't have it figured out and I am still trying to learn and make my training and diet more efficient.  I never win when I don't go to extremes in terms of a ton of cardio.  I read about competitors doing 30 minutes four days a week and I'm like WTF!!!  I gotta be almost dead to win.  If not I look soft as hell on stage and end up in third.  Finally, in MD guys are talking about two plus hours of cardio and I'm like thank God I am not along.  Ms. Olympia Iris Kyle does three hours a day sometimes.  Stupid, ya but I guess I just like to compete for that plastic trophy..

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 12:39:31 PM »
     Trust me I don't have it figured out and I am still trying to learn and make my training and diet more efficient.  I never win when I don't go to extremes in terms of a ton of cardio.  I read about competitors doing 30 minutes four days a week and I'm like WTF!!!  I gotta be almost dead to win.  If not I look soft as hell on stage and end up in third.  Finally, in MD guys are talking about two plus hours of cardio and I'm like thank God I am not along.  Ms. Olympia Iris Kyle does three hours a day sometimes.  Stupid, ya but I guess I just like to compete for that plastic trophy..

wouldn't eating less work just as well?

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »
It might but I have to eat, lol.  I have thought about this a lot but if I dont eat I cant sleep.  Plus when I am pre-contest I cant sit around I have to train a lot to keep moving or I just get too stressed.  So I just keep moving and eat more.

vice1

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 01:04:16 PM »
would eating less be as good as doing more cardio?

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
It might but I have to eat, lol.  I have thought about this a lot but if I dont eat I cant sleep.  Plus when I am pre-contest I cant sit around I have to train a lot to keep moving or I just get too stressed.  So I just keep moving and eat more.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 06:11:04 AM »

Funny I get restless too, but only when I can't lift heavy. Cardio has the opposite effect on me, it makes me even more restless. I also could not see any improvements compared to less eating, so I quit doing it completely.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »
12 weeks out 235 lbs...

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2008, 02:01:12 PM »
1 Week out 202 pounds........

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »
Show time.........  A long road but fun and worth it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »
cool stuff joe,upper body really dials in.lots of lunges all forms for those legs to get really good seperation and i mean all yr not just contest time,just do them heavier when your not dieting harder.

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »
     Every leg workout (all year) I do five sets of walking lunges for a total of forty steps per set with 35, 45, then 50 pounds.  I sometimes do 55 for sets of 24.  Its just hard to get the deep cuts and separation.  Trust me I am busting my ass for it.  I think I will be more cut if I stop the cardio on Monday before the show instead of Wednesday.  Thanks for the advice.  Keep hitting it hard and be safe..........

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2008, 04:32:54 PM »
I will try different variations as you suggested.  Thanks NJ...

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2008, 04:36:31 PM »
12 weeks out.  Fat ass ;)........

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »
1 week out.  DRY!!!!!!!!!!

ironjoe

• Getbig III