Author Topic: What is the worst "Accident" that has happened to you while lifting weights?  (Read 11715 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: What is the worst "Accident" that has happened to you while lifting weights?
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2008, 04:13:28 PM »
My best Shirted Contest lift is 859.875 (860) at the 07 Arnold Classic where I took 2nd place. My best Raw contest best is 600 at the New England Record Breakers. My best shirted gym lift is 905 to the chest and my best raw gym lift is 650 touch n go.

I've always competed as a Superheavy (340 lb  to 420 lb BW range) but I'm now 300 pounds and offically a 308er.

Thanks for the info, so you're a bencher only?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: What is the worst "Accident" that has happened to you while lifting weights?
« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »
Wolfy is a fuccking beast, plain and simple.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »
My best Shirted Contest lift is 859.875 (860) at the 07 Arnold Classic where I took 2nd place. My best Raw contest best is 600 at the New England Record Breakers. My best shirted gym lift is 905 to the chest and my best raw gym lift is 650 touch n go.

I've always competed as a Superheavy (340 lb  to 420 lb BW range) but I'm now 300 pounds and offically a 308er.
wolfe, what is the best way to prevent a pec tear on the bench?  :-\
so many guys tear their pecs doing the bench press, I keep my hands a little closer, I think that helps some what

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
Wolfy is a fuccking beast, plain and simple.

Agreed, those are some crazy lifts.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »

It took al 5 guys standing there to grab it. So you see how fast it was look at the female side judge she is still looking to see if I raised my ass.
they should really put more safety into power lifting
like maybe put some steel cables on the bars some how, so if it needs to be lifted off you, it could be done with easy and in a fraction of a second

ahh.. fk

• Getbig III
  • Greed is good
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2008, 04:21:12 PM »
When I was 17 I was doing heavy standing lateral raises and I slammed my dick between the DB's. I passed out, went to the hospital where they had to insert a catheter so I could pee. The worst of it................I had an ugly nurse >:(!

LMAO! Thats crazy man. Shit I can see how that could happen pretty easily if your not careful.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25:31 PM »
wolfe, what is the best way to prevent a pec tear on the bench?  :-\
so many guys tear their pecs doing the bench press, I keep my hands a little closer, I think that helps some what

Pec Tears suck really bad, most of them come from Raw lifting. I only know a handful of guys who have torn pecs in a shirt. I myself do what I call prehab work while I'm running a Raw strength cycle. I do lighter weight for high reps on stuff like pec flyes and cable flyes and lots of prehab work on my shoulders also.

I do TONS of shoulder work to help with my rotators. Light weight high reps and even some times just use bands doing various chest and shoulder moves. I'll do these on my off days to keep everything warm and stretched good. The best thing you can do is to strengthen and tone the "pec delt tie in" area that is where lots of pecs tear.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
LMAO! Thats crazy man. Shit I can see how that could happen pretty easily if your not careful.
more reason to always start the rep from the outside of your legs instead of in front of your body, you'll feel it more in your delts that way anyway.

ahh.. fk

• Getbig III
  • Greed is good
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »
When I was 18 and 160lbs at 6ft I tried 60lb dumbells for flat bench press. My spotter was not really on so my right arm drifted out to the side and I dropped the dumbell. Then the one in my left hand (after losing the weight on the other side) pulled me over the left side of the bench onto the floor.

Gay as hell.  

Last week was benching 245 after an easy set with 225 and my left chest failed. I felt it unwind and needed help up with the weight. Left pectoral pull. Nothing to major but no more benching anything decent for a while.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2008, 04:27:01 PM »

I've come close to that one a few times. Thank God for a small dick :) Hahahaha!!!!

ahh.. fk

• Getbig III
  • Greed is good
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »
I was playing pool at a bar.  I put my money in and only half of the balls came out.  I thought I would pick up the pool table and shake it to make the balls come out.  What I didn't realize is that a commercial pool table weighs over 1000lbs.  I got one side off the ground about 6 inches and I started to shake it.  My bicep completely snapped of it's insertion and it rolled up to my shoulder.  It felt like I was electrocuted.  After the operation in which metal studs were used to put me back together it took almost 6 months to get back. 

Thats awful dude.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »
I've come close to that one a few times. Thank God for a small dick :) Hahahaha!!!!
LOL got me searching for some bench accidents and  :o

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »
Here is a BAD one!!!! This could of been VERY VERY VERY BAD!!!!!

That is a GRAND on the bar!!!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2008, 07:17:52 PM »
he almost had his head taken off  :o

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #114 on: November 01, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »

It took al 5 guys standing there to grab it. So you see how fast it was look at the female side judge she is still looking to see if I raised my ass.

Damn, those guys reacted damn fast then. You aren't kidding, she is staring at that booty.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »
some of you guys might remember this... i made a thread about it when it happened..

i was doing dumbell presses. i had done a few sets, and i like to leave the dumbells sitting on either side of the bench after i move up or down in weight. well i finished up a set and dropped the dumbells off to the side, somehow or another my hand slipped under the dumbell as it was falling and the dumbell landed on top of one of the dumbells i had left to the side of the bench, crushing my left ring finger in between the falling dumbell and the one on the floor. at first i could feel any pain at all, but when i looked down at my finger i saw a tear all the way across the top of the finger, along the first knucle from the finger nailk. i pulled it back, and the whole tip of my finger pulled off from the bone. i went pale and light headed and just walked slowly up to the front desk in a daze. my buddy steve was working the desk, as he always ddoes, and i just showed him the finger and layed down on the couch. the dude called my parents for me and gave me some water.. i passed out in about 30 seconds.. then my parents came and took me to the hospital.. i ended up getting 15 stiches that night, then one week later had to have reconstructive surgery on the whole tip of my finger, the doctor had to give me a new nail bed.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2008, 07:26:21 PM »
some of you guys might remember this... i made a thread about it when it happened..

i was doing dumbell presses. i had done a few sets, and i like to leave the dumbells sitting on either side of the bench after i move up or down in weight. well i finished up a set and dropped the dumbells off to the side, somehow or another my hand slipped under the dumbell as it was falling and the dumbell landed on top of one of the dumbells i had left to the side of the bench, crushing my left ring finger in between the falling dumbell and the one on the floor. at first i could feel any pain at all, but when i looked down at my finger i saw a tear all the way across the top of the finger, along the first knucle from the finger nailk. i pulled it back, and the whole tip of my finger pulled off from the bone. i went pale and light headed and just walked slowly up to the front desk in a daze. my buddy steve was working the desk, as he always ddoes, and i just showed him the finger and layed down on the couch. the dude called my parents for me and gave me some water.. i passed out in about 30 seconds.. then my parents came and took me to the hospital.. i ended up getting 15 stiches that night, then one week later had to have reconstructive surgery on the whole tip of my finger, the doctor had to give me a new nail bed.
:o :o :o :o
DAMN

I mean I have had that happen where my hand has gotten hurt by dropping dumbbells on the other and my hand getting caught in the middle
but never had a finger completely rip off
that must have hurt like a bitch  :o

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #117 on: November 01, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »
it didnt hurt that day. but it did hurt like hell for the few weeks after.

no sympathy though, the moral of the story is do not workout without a spotter if you are stoned like hell.

koolie1

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: November 01, 2008, 08:16:41 PM »
Torn distal bicep tendon, torn rotator cuff and possible torn distal tricep - jury is still out on that one.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2008, 12:39:46 AM »
No I was Fat and very Unhealthy my BP was sky high and with the added pressure from the shirt out I went. I was prolly the strongest I had ever been in my life at that point. But also porlly the unhealthiest I have ever been that is where I started getting the bad Health problems right after that meet and made me realize it was time to get healthy.

Me Egotistical?? I'm prolly humblest person you will ever meet, especially after that meet!!! And Yes I had hit that weight in the gym numerous times should not of been a problem.

was just kidding big man.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2008, 12:43:54 AM »
i farted once doing leg presses :-[
A

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2008, 01:34:18 AM »
he almost had his head taken off  :o

haha i thought the same too.  :-X

The Coach

« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2008, 10:15:34 AM »
more reason to always start the rep from the outside of your legs instead of in front of your body, you'll feel it more in your delts that way anyway.

I was using 110's, with that weight it controls you, you don't control it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2008, 10:28:11 AM »
personally, i feel those more in front delts and traps, ... when i let my arms drift in front of my body and lean forward a bit, then i really hit the side delts and thats what puts the width on me. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2008, 10:28:54 AM »

I was using 110's, with that weight it controls you, you don't control it.
side laterals with 110's ? wtf... how far were you moving those...bout an inch, maybe two inches?