Author Topic: Angels & Demons  (Read 965 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Angels & Demons
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:00:56 PM »
I hope this flick is better than The da Vinci Code...  :(

http://www.angelsanddemons.com/

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Angels & Demons
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:53:02 AM »
It won't be.  The da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons are two books that are way too deep to adapt to the big screen.  They chopped the first movie up so bad it wasn't even funny.  Sadly, these are the only two books that I like by this author. 

What did you think of the whole "controversy" regarding The da Vinci Code?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 05:58:43 AM »
nice poster though!
Z

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 07:02:06 AM »
It won't be.  The da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons are two books that are way too deep to adapt to the big screen.  They chopped the first movie up so bad it wasn't even funny.  Sadly, these are the only two books that I like by this author. 

Actually, the whole Jesus bloodline thing. He did have brothers and sisters and cousins as well.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 08:43:30 AM »

Controversy?  Over a work of fiction?  Please.  I place that controversy in the same category I place the Muslims who were rioting over cartoon depictions of Muhammad.  People who react like that do not have a strong belief system, they have a weak one.  And that is their problem not mine.

I think the Catholic Church diminishes itself when it stoops to reviewing books and movies like the Da Vinci Code or The Passion of the Christ (they were gushing over that one).  Why is a church offering up opinions on books and movies?  Don’t they have more important work to do?  I totally understand their declining to allow filming inside their churches in Rome and in Vatican City, but opining on books and movies undermines their moral authority in my view.  Now, if the Church wants to bring its expertise and historiography to bear on findings like this http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=243151.0  I'd welcome that.

The movies are take-it-or-leave-it fluff, but I will be first in line to read Brown’s next book with Robert Langdon “the Solomon Key.”   :D

And, yeah, that is a cool poster.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:18:36 AM »
I know what the controversy was Parker, I was getting at how it was worldwide.  The church, somewhere was always trying to censor it or prevent it from being shown. 

Part of the "controversy" wasn't just about the church though, at first, Dan Brown did not refute that his book was in fact not fiction.  He let it play out a little(brilliant marketing if you ask me) before saying it was a book of fiction with fact ingeniously woven into the story.  A lot of books do that I know...but Brown did it in a way that was just flawless. 

I haven't heard anything about the The Solomon Key, what will this one be about Bay?  I thouroughly enjoyed the first two books. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:07:31 AM »
No plot line for The Solomon Key has been disclosed.  All that is known is that it will be the third book featuring the Robert Langdon character.  The "new" release date for the novel is April 2009. 

Presumably, its focal point will be the controversial earliest Hebrew sourced talisman, the Key of Solomon; if you were paying attention in Sunday School, you will recall King Solomon from the Old Testament account in Genesis.  He ostensibly held the key to unlocking some sort of divine secret.