Author Topic: McCain Backer/GOP's Secretary of State - Palin Not Ready  (Read 532 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
McCain Backer/GOP's Secretary of State - Palin Not Ready
« on: October 31, 2008, 06:57:30 AM »
Great vote of confidence here from one of the backers McCain likes to talk about  - Lawrence Eagleburger, Republican secretary of state under George H.W. Bush:

"I don't think at the moment she is prepared to take over the reigns of the presidency"

"Give her some time in the office and I think the answer would be, she will be [pause] adequate. I can't say that she would be a genius in the job. But I think she would be enough to get us through a four year...well I hope not... get us through whatever period of time was necessary. And I devoutly hope that it would never be tested," he added.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=73827&sectionid=3510203

[it's on TV more, I cannot find a decent link yet]

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: McCain Backer/GOP's Secretary of State - Palin Not Ready
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 06:58:44 AM »
She is an national joke and was a horribly irresponsible pick by McCain that he will regret for the rest of his life.
  :P
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: McCain Backer/GOP's Secretary of State - Palin Not Ready
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:00:50 AM »
Holy crap... McCain was on Meet the Press this past Sunday, bragging about the wisdom of this guy, and how happy he was to have his endorsement.

"I don't think at the moment she is prepared to take over the reigns of the presidency"

That is about the ONLY job of the VP - to be ready to take over.  That's it.  Oh, and attend funerals and break seante ties, which we won't have if the dems have 59 seats.

This Eagleburger guy is a very smart man, and was a huge part of the Bush 2 presidency.  For him to say Palin isn't ready... it speaks volumes.