Author Topic: Mccain actually has $25 million more than Obama.  (Read 1162 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mccain actually has $25 million more than Obama.
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »
Can't forget the 300 million RNC war chest...

(from email)
I'm the Chief Financial Officer for Barack Obama's campaign. I track the donations coming in and the expenses going out.

I asked for the opportunity to write to you directly so that I could try to explain what's happening right now.

This organization has thousands of employees and spends millions of dollars a day -- and at the moment we're doing it without a safety net.

Our spending plans have been stretched by John McCain's negative attacks and the overwhelming resources of the Republican National Committee.

As of October 15th, John McCain and the RNC together had nearly $20 million more in cash than the combined total of Obama for America and the DNC. And just this week, we're facing new and unexpected spending against us in Montana and West Virginia.

Your incredible generosity has gotten us this far. But right now we need your help more than ever to get this campaign across the finish line.

Please donate $25 or whatever you can afford right now:

https://donate.barackobama.com/RNCadvantage

My team and I are working to stretch every dollar in order to keep as many paths to victory open as possible. But we need whatever help you can provide for this crucial final stretch.

Thank you,

MM

Marianne Markowitz
Chief Financial Officer
Obama for America

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Mccain actually has $25 million more than Obama.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 10:21:18 AM »
RNC announced they will outspend Obama by $10 mil in the final week.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »
So could John or Barry ask for a federal bailout for their campains?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 11:23:49 AM »
I would happily accept a million dollar for a getbig.com endorsement of John Mccain.
from incomplete data

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 11:37:43 AM »
Oh brother.  This might be the worst spin of the entire campaign season.  Anyone who believes Obama doesn't have tons more in cash than McCain isn't paying attention. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 11:38:19 AM »
Oh brother.  This might be the worst spin of the entire campaign season.  Anyone who believes Obama doesn't have tons more in cash than McCain isn't paying attention. 

The RNC announced they're outspending Obama by $10 mil this week.

Are they lying?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 11:42:07 AM »
The RNC announced they're outspending Obama by $10 mil this week.

Are they lying?

Dude if you told me clouds were white I'd ask for pictures.  Link?

And even if the "RNC" is outspending Obama this week, as most of the country knows Obama raised over $150 million last month.  Frankly, it is asinine to even suggest McCain has more money than Obama.   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »
The Demos NEED more $$$ to run their campaign. All those cigs and booze for the homeless they sign up in NJ aren't free....

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 05:25:58 PM »

Agreed i dont know what the hell 240 is talking about he is actually falling for republican spin :o  Obama has made $800,000,000 so far, no way mcbush has that much money, if he did he would be spending much more on ads, and they would not of had to pull out of states to save money ::)  come on 240 you should know better ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 05:39:17 PM »
McCain has a little more cash oh hand than Obama.  Obama has out spent McCain, so for these last days, McCain can slightly outspend Obama.
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.php?cycle=2008&type=CD

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 05:44:38 PM »
Frankly, it is asinine to even suggest McCain has more money than Obama.   

Apology accepted, dude.

McCain has a little more cash oh hand than Obama.  Obama has out spent McCain, so for these last days, McCain can slightly outspend Obama.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 05:48:32 PM »

It depends on how u look at it, Obama has already spent his money on his get out and vote program for this weekend etc.  Mcbush is only now getting prepare for these last 3 days, obama alreadys has everything planed and pre paid for.  His community organzing skill are coming in handy right about now ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2008, 05:53:18 PM »
It depends on how u look at it, Obama has already spent his money on his get out and vote program for this weekend etc.  Mcbush is only now getting prepare for these last 3 days, obama alreadys has everything planed and pre paid for.  His community organzing skill are coming in handy right about now ;)
Like I said in the post you quoted, Obama has outspent McCain.  I think I said that, yup, I did...  The link will show you by how much if you change the tab.

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
"Tell him not to spend it all in one place"!!! :-X

(from email)
I'm the Chief Financial Officer for Barack Obama's campaign. I track the donations coming in and the expenses going out.

I asked for the opportunity to write to you directly so that I could try to explain what's happening right now.

This organization has thousands of employees and spends millions of dollars a day -- and at the moment we're doing it without a safety net.

Our spending plans have been stretched by John McCain's negative attacks and the overwhelming resources of the Republican National Committee.

As of October 15th, John McCain and the RNC together had nearly $20 million more in cash than the combined total of Obama for America and the DNC. And just this week, we're facing new and unexpected spending against us in Montana and West Virginia.

Your incredible generosity has gotten us this far. But right now we need your help more than ever to get this campaign across the finish line.

My team and I are working to stretch every dollar in order to keep as many paths to victory open as possible. But we need whatever help you can provide for this crucial final stretch.

Thank you,

MM

Marianne Markowitz
Chief Financial Officer
Obama for America

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »
also, just after the news of the 150million made in sept, they started asking people to send money to their local dem candidates instead of Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2008, 07:44:14 PM »

You're right.

Mccain decided to cancel a lot of the GOTV funds, and sink that $ into ad buys in swing states this weekend.

Obama's already bought up this airtime weeks ago.  He also has 5 THOUSAND lawyers pre-paid for their Tuesday shift, working 12 hours that day at precincts.  You'll also have teams filiming polling stations, keeping everyone honest.

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »

(from email)

Thank you,

MM

Marianne Markowitz
Chief Financial Officer
Obama for America

Sounds legit to me..........

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2008, 08:58:23 PM »
Sounds legit to me..........

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!

Settle down, Joe.

So far, Obama has spent $639 Mil on ads.  Mccain has spent $360 mil on ads.
This last week, McCain does have more $ left - that's a nonpartisan site, and those are the numbers.

Mccain used about 300 million of the RNC's money on his campaign, way beyond his own $85 mil limit.  Candidates always do that.  DNC was pretty broke this year, as you know.  So, if Obama *had* played by the rules and only taken campaign money of 85 mil, then Mccain would have been able to out-spend him 4-to-1.

So obama was fuccked, as the RNC was absolutely loaded.