Author Topic: Sen. Coleman Sues Al Franken  (Read 10598 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Sen. Coleman Sues Al Franken
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 12:04:29 PM »
you said Gore was a loser for losing his home state.

Coleman lost his home state to an inexperienced comedian?

Beyond pathetic there...

exactly - that shows you just how weak Coleman (an incumbent) was to be beaten by a comedian and talk show host

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2009, 12:14:12 PM »
exactly - that shows you just how weak Coleman (an incumbent) was to be beaten by a comedian and talk show host

It's pathetic, and really shows he was viewed as incompetent.

Imagine, with your state's political and economic future hanging in the balance, voting for a guy who tells jokes, over an experienced legislator.

Coleman is an embarassment.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2009, 12:23:32 PM »
In Florida the idiots did not know how to vote.They didnt punch through the ballot,they voted for Buchanon because they couldnt read[by the way a democrat wrote the ballot].In Minn.again,people erased their initial votes,blackened a half a vote for one and a full vote for another.If your vote is not clear,it should be thrown out!!Period.If your so stupid you cant fill out a ballot,then throw the idiots vote out,Franken wants votes counted where the ballot is not clear.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »
In Florida the idiots did not know how to vote.They didnt punch through the ballot,they voted for Buchanon because they couldnt read[by the way a democrat wrote the ballot].In Minn.again,people erased their initial votes,blackened a half a vote for one and a full vote for another.If your vote is not clear,it should be thrown out!!Period.If your so stupid you cant fill out a ballot,then throw the idiots vote out,Franken wants votes counted where the ballot is not clear.

Weird that Coleman didn't do more to fix the sad state of election accountability in his state in the last 6 years.  ironic too.  Maybe he's as incompetent as the voters decided...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »
you said Gore was a loser for losing his home state.

Coleman lost his home state to an inexperienced comedian?

Beyond pathetic there...

Wow,pathetic.Gore was coming off 8 good years as vice president.There was peace,prosperity his win should have been a landslide.He was such a boooring,offensive and unlikeble person he lost.Coleman is a republican in a year where EVERYTHING went wrong,with a president who had an approval rating of 13%.The public wanted the republicans out,PLUS Franken rode on Obamas coat tails.

There is ZERO comparrison between the defeat of Al Gore and Coleman.Al Gore lost because he was/is a pathetic bore who people despise.Coleman lost because republicans got the blame for everything that went wrong with the country.Gore should have won forty states in a monumental landslide and didnt because he is a straight up idiot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
A US Senator lost his job to a comedian.

There were lots of republican senators who kept their jobs.  And they ran against real legislators, not guys who tell jokes.

Coleman stands out as a guy who was entirely over-matched for his competitor, but just didn't have the brains or saavy to expose his competitor as an idiot.  On the other hand, Coleman did run a political radio show for a while, and does know his shit.  So maybe voters really did choose the more qualified guy.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2009, 01:17:12 PM »

There were lots of republican senators who kept their jobs.  And they ran against real legislators, not guys who tell jokes.

Coleman stands out as a guy who was entirely over-matched for his competitor, but just didn't have the brains or saavy to expose his competitor as an idiot.  On the other hand, Coleman did run a political radio show for a while, and does know his shit.  So maybe voters really did choose the more qualified guy.

Geeze,Gore ran against a guy that dems call a fucking idiot.A guy who can barely utter a sentance without making a mistake.A guy who speaks like he has a mouth full of marbles.Gore is supposed to be the smartest guy around.A noble peace prize winner,a darn right brilliant man,according to the media and he came off 8 good years but couldnt get the job done.

Franken ran a radio show that had the same ratings as would white noise on the radio.A total failure on a failed radio network.However,the reason Coleman lost was because of Bush,the republicans and a state that is nutty as hell when it comes to politics.Jesse "the body" was governor there[I love him,but come on].So,Coleman losing was far less pathetic then Gore loosing to the guy the democrats blame for everything that has ever gone wrong with America,from huricanes to housing crisis.In twenty years,Bush will be blamed for slavery,vietnam,the depression and the assasination of MLK.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2009, 01:18:18 PM »

Franken is not an idiot.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2009, 02:14:08 PM »
Franken is a far left sarcastic loon.  He should have stayed on the radio with the few that listened to him.

Perhaps Coleman isn't much better, I don't know much about him.  I just know that Franken should never have been elected.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2009, 02:23:31 PM »
Franken is a far left sarcastic loon.  He should have stayed on the radio with the few that listened to him.

Perhaps Coleman isn't much better, I don't know much about him.  I just know that Franken should never have been elected.

Coleman is a lawyer, former mayor, and has served a term as senator.  Good guy.  Head and shoulders more qualified than Franken. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »
We can at least all agree that Franken is far from being qualified.  His election is a mockery of the political system IMO.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »
We can at least all agree that Franken is far from being qualified.  His election is a mockery of the political system IMO.

This whole "qualified" thing people are running about is ridiculous... Reagan wasn't qualified to be Governor by those standards, yet he still was and became President.

How the hell do you quantify "qualified" when it comes to political office... Either you have some damn brains or you don't.

It's ridiculous... Being a congressman, Senator, or Governor isn't brain surgery and it is quite honestly an "unskilled" position.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »
This whole "qualified" thing people are running about is ridiculous... Reagan wasn't qualified to be Governor by those standards, yet he still was and became President.

How the hell do you quantify "qualified" when it comes to political office... Either you have some damn brains or you don't.

It's ridiculous... Being a congressman, Senator, or Governor isn't brain surgery and it is quite honestly an "unskilled" position.

I'd start with saying a person whose claim to fame is a comedian isn't qualified to be a U.S. Senator, particularly when his opponent is a lawyer, former mayor, and one-term U.S. senator.

Being a U.S. Senator isn't brain surgery, but they directly impact our lives, including federal budgets, the military, confirming judges, etc.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009, 03:20:10 PM »
I'd start with saying a person whose claim to fame is a comedian isn't qualified to be a U.S. Senator, particularly when his opponent is a lawyer, former mayor, and one-term U.S. senator.

Being a U.S. Senator isn't brain surgery, but they directly impact our lives, including federal budgets, the military, confirming judges, etc.   

Franken will do fine.

I'm glad he won

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »

The majority of voters in a US state disagree with ya

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2009, 03:52:03 PM »
The majority of voters in a US state disagree with ya

So?  The overwhelming majority of voters didn't waste their vote on Bob Barr (as you claim to have done).  Who cares. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
So?  The overwhelming majority of voters didn't waste their vote on Bob Barr (as you claim to have done).  Who cares. 

Yep,

More jackass's like you wasted it on Palin/McCain ;D
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

So you think that the majority of US senator's currently in office are "qualified"?

What were they before they were Senators that made them qualified for the position?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

Coleman is a loser.  He lost to a joke of a comedien.  He doesn't get any worse than that.  Maybe Ronald McDonald will win a seat in 2010.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »
Yep,

More jackass's like you wasted it on Palin/McCain ;D

Are you even old enough to vote? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »
So you think that the majority of US senator's currently in office are "qualified"?

What were they before they were Senators that made them qualified for the position?

I don't know if the majority of them are qualified.  I haven't looked at all of their bios.   

I don't know what all or a majority of them were doing before they became senators. 

But I do know about Coleman and Franken.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2009, 04:39:51 PM »
Are you even old enough to vote? 

He's just over half your age, mate.

Do you feel that being older gives you some sort of advantage in these things?

Does my 76-year old crotchity grandfather know twice as much about politics as you?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
I don't know if the majority of them are qualified.  I haven't looked at all of their bios.   

I don't know what all or a majority of them were doing before they became senators. 

But I do know about Coleman and Franken.

Sounds like you're being selective because this is such a hot topic... If you care so much about Coleman and Franken, you should make it a point to care about all of the Senate seats.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
He's just over half your age, mate.

Do you feel that being older gives you some sort of advantage in these things?

Does my 76-year old crotchity grandfather know twice as much about politics as you?

Will you ever stop asking dumb questions?  (Rhetorical question.) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2009, 04:47:08 PM »
Will you ever stop asking dumb questions?  (Rhetorical question.) 

No.