Author Topic: paul dillet  (Read 15378 times)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Re: paul dillet
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »
Who's the idiot that said Dillet had a weak back?!  >:(

King Kalami has a wider back than dillet

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
King Kalami has a wider back than dillet

Ya he looks slim here. ::)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »

dillet probably the best bodybuilder from the front back in the 90s

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 08:18:51 PM »

damn someone might as well have dug dorian a grave.  he is getting murdered by everyone up there.  dillet especially.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 08:24:01 PM »
damn someone might as well have dug dorian a grave.  he is getting murdered by everyone up there.  dillet especially.

no he isnt. but he would be later.

dorian was great up to 93.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 08:29:43 PM »

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 08:30:54 PM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »
Actually, if anyone is getting owned in the pic above from 93, it's Levrone.  He's missing a torso.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 09:55:39 PM »

Coz he was not as close as the others to the cam.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 10:31:38 PM »
he could have added thickness to his back its true.. but what really killed him was the posing.

his RDB was terrible. but fuck that guy had some genetics.

Biggest issue wasn't the stock back and posing issues, it was skin coloration. All the top guys who lost to Yates weren't white and wouldn't move product or promote as well. Weider always cared alot about that, it's understandible though supposedly not part of the criteria.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 01:27:27 AM »
regarding dillets 'workouts' ;

"We will discuss Paul Dillett.Paul no longer trains at Venice Golds.But he did for many years in the early 90's. The workout specifics I will mention were the same precontest as well as off season.I witnessed such workouts many,many times over by him.Sometimes a different but similar machine would be used but no often.And maybe I am off by a rep or 2.maybe a plate or 2. But,here we go: This was an entire delt workout for Paul.  Icarian machine shoulder presses 3 sets of approx.10-15 reps.Using 1/4th of the entire stack.Then he would do 3 sets of dumbell side laterals with 17lb.dumbells for 10-15 reps.At this point Paul would always remove his massive sweatshirt to reveal the biggest and freakiest delts on the planet.Everybody in Golds that was around would just stare at the man. He would the move on to barbell upright rows with a prefixed 55lb.EZ curl bar.Same thing 3 sets of 10-15 reps. That was all he ever did for his delts. He would'nt come even close to any type of exhaustion. And he would take about 45 monutes to get through this ordeal.And many times he would go outside to the parking lot to make or take a phone call.  For calves I never saw him do anything except 5 sets of 10-15 reps on the upright sliding plate load calf raise(where you grip the handles next to your thighs.) No forearm work.  Arm workouts were always supersetted. Biceps and triceps together. Same 2 machines always.Icarian seated tricep extension machine and Icarian seated preacher curl machine.1/3rd of the stack on both.10 sets max of 10-15 reps. Sometimes he would finish off with one arm reverse pulldowns for 3 sets.(sometimes holding a cell phone in one arm and talking,NO JOKE) .Quads were Leg presses and leg extension.Then one legged upright leg curls. 5 sets each 10-15 reps.5-6 plates on each side of the leg press. Chest was always a plate loaded upright flex machine or the same type of Hammer strength machine.5 sets of 10-15 reps 2 plates on each side,180lbs total.Then he would move on to cable crossovers for 5 sets of high reps with 1/2 the stack.  Back was front pulldowns for 5 sets with 1/2 the stack,10-15 reps and always the cybex seated row machine,1/2 stack 5 sets 10-15 reps. Then some hypers. I never saw him do any ab work. He would then go up to the cardio balcony and sit next to Flex Wheeler(if around) and the 2 of them would do the easiest 60 monutes of zero tension slow revolution lifecycling  on the planet.He would also drink 2 large bulk force drinks while doing the cardio.This may all sound unbelievable,but I swear to you that it is all true to the best of my memory. And I am sure that there are other Golds ,Venice guys n this site that remember exactly what i am talking about. Next time I will move on to Strydom. He is very similar to Dillett with his routine."

WTF.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 01:44:16 AM »
Actually, if anyone is getting owned in the pic above from 93, it's Levrone.  He's missing a torso.
No, Labrada is getting owned there on account of him being too small compared to the others.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2008, 01:56:20 AM »
Dillet WAS all drugs. shame.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2008, 08:16:34 AM »
No, Labrada is getting owned there on account of him being too small compared to the others.

One might suggest Labrada owning Levrone in light of the placings from that contest.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2008, 09:55:19 AM »

and you must be missing two eyes

if you want to go by placings, then you have to say that Mr. Levrone owned dillet because if i'm not mistaken this is from the 93 O, Mr. Levrone placed ahead of dillet

E
E

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »
no one is owning anyone in that pic

dillet=6th place
labrada=4th place
yates=1st place
levrone=5th place

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »
and you must be missing two eyes

if you want to go by placings, then you have to say that Mr. Levrone owned dillet because if i'm not mistaken this is from the 93 O, Mr. Levrone placed ahead of dillet

E

True, Levrone placed ahead of Dillet and perhaps justifiably so, but in that singular shot alone, I'll give it to Dillett. My comment was not meant so much as a jab at Levrone, but more as a defense to the comment of Labrada being "owned", which fails to recognize the quality and completeness of his physique, which lead to an exceptional placing for him. 

Although I've considered myself a Levrone fan over the years, I must agree with the criticism levied at him as not having "complete" torso development.  It's plain to see in that shot in comparison to Yates in particular. In the front double bi shot, Kevin's torso looks long and narrow, at least comparatively speaking. Levrone had loads of potential, but spent most of his career as a "part time" bodybuilder who didn't want to dedicate himself year round to being his absolute best.  If he had, perhaps he would have won a Sandow.  This lack of dedication became even more evident during the latter part of his career, as his lower body began to suffer noticeably also.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »
he tore his pec right before that show, he wasn't close to his best

E
E

Anabol

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2008, 12:33:33 PM »