Author Topic: If Obama wins the election.......  (Read 4450 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: If Obama wins the election.......
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2008, 07:43:19 PM »
I've had medical care ranging from great to fucking butt woeful in the Navy.

When I could actually get into Bethesda Medical Center it was great otherwise I had to wait.

Outside of the DC area it sucked ass.

I was in Norfuck for the most part but lucky me I didn't have any serious health issues.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »
How is it bad now?  The US has the best quality care in the world.

I don't think medical care is the issue. It's affordable medical insurance.

I do agree that the system needs a major overhaul. I just don't think that government run health care is the answer.

Just my two cents.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2008, 07:47:49 PM »
I don't think medical care is the issue. It's affordable medical insurance.

I do agree that the system needs a major overhaul. I just don't think that government run health care is the answer.

Just my two cents.

We already have programs for those who can't afford to buy thier own and they work fine.  Almost everyone who doesn't have insurance qualifies and many who have opted out chose to.  For me this is a total nonissue.. another example of fear tactics and crisis inflation from the left.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
I view the health care issue in the US as a symptom of what seems to be happening on a bigger scale.  Some people are just getting left behind completely, the gap between the haves and have nots is ever widening, and the place is being sold little by little (along with its childrens future) to companies that view you and me as nothing more than profit or loss and which have so much influence over the government that they should cross out a few lines and replace them with, "government of the big companies, by the big companies, and for the big companies."  I don't believe this is a problem specific to the US, but I'd like to see the US do something to get power (and knowledge) back into the hands of the people where it belongs and see the place become true again to it's founding principals.

Haha, sorry for the soap box rant.  ;D

I'll agree that gov healthcare can be run badly, but it can also be run well.  It's been proven to be a good system which provides good quality care in most countries that have it.

Afraid I've got to take off man.  I'd still recommend Sicko, even though I don't agree with everything Moore says, I think he's way too self promoting sometimes, and his lack of willpower sickens me.  ;)