Author Topic: Would it make a diff if your signif other cheated w/ a pretty or ugly person?  (Read 12833 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
My god, hot and smart, well there goes that stereotype....

It's always surprising when you get that combo huh? 

Nice post Sara.
Squishy face retard

Sara

• Getbig II
You see this is what I try to do, I try get topics that make one think. But many times the women don't bite, either out of not wanting to make themselves look bad or being hypocritical. 

Well, I'm not afraid of voicing my opinion.  In fact, I enjoy it.  I like intellectually stimulating conversation.  I think there may be a third reason for women not jumping into the mix.  Some of the guys here can be pretty brutal.  Not everyone is okay with dealing with it.  I think i got hit pretty hard the first couple days I was posting.... i'm not worried about being insulted, and I don't care if you don't agree with me :) 

parsnip1965

• Getbig II
Like most people, I would much prefer that my girl cheated with someone who was very attractive.  I'd like to think (1) she has some taste and (2) can pull in the hot ones.  Actually I'm sure of it.  The only question is whether she does  ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Well, I'm not afraid of voicing my opinion.  In fact, I enjoy it.  I like intellectually stimulating conversation.  I think there may be a third reason for women not jumping into the mix.  Some of the guys here can be pretty brutal.  Not everyone is okay with dealing with it.  I think i got hit pretty hard the first couple days I was posting.... i'm not worried about being insulted, and I don't care if you don't agree with me :) 

Third reason... Men aren't judged, long term, on looks. In the end men are judged on the degree to which we can provide stability.

Parker could have just as easily asked "Would it matter if your signif other cheated w/ a younger person" and gotten the same results. :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I'm not saying that I didn't, at some point, do something to allow that to happen.  But it's not that there's something wrong with me as a person.  While I appreciate the, "hottie," compliments, there is much, much more to me.  I've never depended on my looks, or how other see me to get by.  Quite the opposite.  I"m not perfect, but I am intelligent, focused, loyal, and honest. 

Where I do claim culpability is choosing the men that cheated.  I knew in my gut that something was off, but I ignored it because that initial infatuation was so amazing. 

To say that everyone who is attractive is high-maintence, or somehow lacking substance is an undeserved stereo-type. Get to know the person before coming to any conclusions about who they are. 

And your points on people getting by on their looks, therefore not working on themselves as individuals is true for both men and women.  I've known more than one man that has been told how good-looking he is, and uses that as a way to justify some truly apprehensible behavior. 

Fair enough... I don't know you, and it could just be nature in general.

I wish you well on the next one... There's always a next one.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Now ladies if you cheated on your boyfriend with the dude in this link, what would your girlfriends say? And to the dudes who have answered, what your boys would say if and you say as well?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=486a5c31d3590&date=2008-07-01%2012:32:51&id=753156&pid=7366516&the_count=35

drkaje

• Getbig V
That guy's probably seen more cooter than a retired Gynecologist.

Parker

• Getbig V
That guy's probably seen more cooter than a retired Gynecologist.
I agree
I was tryin' to post a pic that females would be okay with. Because if i posted a pic of a pretty woman, women are too picky about how pretty another female is...so add a dude that they all would go for (well some would admit to going for)

drkaje

• Getbig V
I'd say cheating is cheating.

If she just wanted to have a little safe fun with someone else it probably wouldn't be a huge deal.

Parker

• Getbig V
I'd say cheating is cheating.

If she just wanted to have a little safe fun with someone else it probably wouldn't be a huge deal.

I guess when you get down to it, yeah, cheating is cheating...

I knew a chica i used to work with, her man was fat slob who worked in a Sub shop  (he could eat all day!), She went to a strip club, and I asked her during lunch, what she thought and did she prefer their physiques over slob boy, she said the predicable, "Oh no, I love my man's body, and i didn't find the attractive at all." When i stopped working at that place, every time i came back to visit, she would always be "throwing it" at me. Yet, she was engaged (the rock was pathetic)....

I think attractive dudes are fun for many women, but due to their own self esteem issues, they know that that man is willing to stray....

Now if we can get more women to comment on this matter....

drkaje

• Getbig V
I guess when you get down to it, yeah, cheating is cheating...

I knew a chica i used to work with, her man was fat slob who worked in a Sub shop  (he could eat all day!), She went to a strip club, and I asked her during lunch, what she thought and did she prefer their physiques over slob boy, she said the predicable, "Oh no, I love my man's body, and i didn't find the attractive at all." When i stopped working at that place, every time i came back to visit, she would always be "throwing it" at me. Yet, she was engaged (the rock was pathetic)....

I think attractive dudes are fun for many women, but due to their own self esteem issues, they know that that man is willing to stray....

Now if we can get more women to comment on this matter....

I really don't believe we'll get a lively discussion on how the appearance of one's mate factors into self-esteem, here or anyplace else. :) It's a safer to pretend things like that don't matter, Parker. Wondering how their looks make us feel might lead to speculation about how our appearance affects them on an emotional level. :)

parsnip1965

• Getbig II
Now ladies if you cheated on your boyfriend with the dude in this link, what would your girlfriends say? And to the dudes who have answered, what your boys would say if and you say as well?

http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=486a5c31d3590&date=2008-07-01%2012:32:51&id=753156&pid=7366516&the_count=35

I would say he bears a distinct resemblance to my wife's ex-boyfriend.  The guy in the picture is bulkier, but my wife's ex is taller and a better basketball player (he's a pro).