Author Topic: Sarah Palin PRANKCALLED! hahahahah  (Read 8720 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Sarah Palin PRANKCALLED! hahahahah
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2008, 05:36:48 AM »
BABA BOOEY...

Seriously, she was the best choice as VP candidate.

That darn liberal media.  It's everywhere.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »
way to get the facts out there TA, good luck on the Mr Get Big III

Howard, what part of this is good?

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/6103

Among the Hyde Park friends of Barack Obama was former PLO spokesman Rashid Khalidi. Khalidi was on the faculty of the University of Chicago, at whose law school Obama was a lecturer. Their children attended the same school. The Khalidis and the Obamas became friends and dinner companions.

As Paul notes below, when Khalidi moved from the University of Chicago to Columbia, Obama attended the dinner honoring Khalidi. Obama saluted Khalidi for "offer[ing] constant reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases." What a guy.

Last night FOX News reported that Khalidi wrote an obituary for Salah Khalaf (also known as Abu Iyad) when he died in 1991. According to the FOX News report, Khalidi praised Khalad and said he would be "sorely missed by the Palestinian people to whom he devoted his life."

Khalaf held many PLO posts. In Inside the PLO Neil Livingstone and David Halevy report that Khalaf was the PLO's spymaster, the leader of its security and covert apparatus and the principal link to so-called rejection front elements like Abu Nidal. He directly oversaw the PLO's internal security including Force 17, the Special Operations Group and the Intelligence and Security Apparatus.

Khalaf was also the commander in chief of the terrorist Black September organization. Black September was a PLO front group that answered directly to Yasser Arafat. It is of course best known for the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics.

Among its other operations was the 1973 seizure of the Saudi embassy in Khartoum. During the operation the American ambassador to Sudan (Cleo Noel) and his deputy chief of misson (George Curtis Moore) were both brutally murdered on Arafat's orders along with the Belgian diplomat Guy Eid. Khalaf was involved in the planning of the operation and directed the seizure of the embassy. (I tell the story of the operation in "How Arafat got away with murder.")

Before they murdered Noel, Moore and Eid, the Black September terrorists demanded the release of Robert Kennedy's assassin Sirhan Sirhan. Obama's friends Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn were also big fans of Sirhan Sirhan. FOX News also reported this week that Obama's friends Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn dedicated their 1974 book Prairie Fire to "political prisoners" including Sirhan Sirhan.

I wonder if Obama has had a chance to discuss the fans of Sirhan Sirhan within his circle of friends as he has met up with the members of the Kennedy family who are supporting his election for president. Obama would note that he was only six years old when Robert Kennedy was assassinated. Would that cut it? The younger generation of the Kennedy family that lost its father and uncle wasn't much older at the time either...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »
Howard, what part of this is good?

http://www.campus-watch.org/article/id/6103

Among the Hyde Park friends of Barack Obama was former PLO spokesman Rashid Khalidi. Khalidi was on the faculty of the University of Chicago, at whose law school Obama was a lecturer. Their children attended the same school. The Khalidis and the Obamas became friends and dinner companions.

As Paul notes below, when Khalidi moved from the University of Chicago to Columbia, Obama attended the dinner honoring Khalidi. Obama saluted Khalidi for "offer[ing] constant reminders to me of my own blind spots and my own biases." What a guy.

Last night FOX News reported that Khalidi wrote an obituary for Salah Khalaf (also known as Abu Iyad) when he died in 1991. According to the FOX News report, Khalidi praised Khalad and said he would be "sorely missed by the Palestinian people to whom he devoted his life."

Khalaf held many PLO posts. In Inside the PLO Neil Livingstone and David Halevy report that Khalaf was the PLO's spymaster, the leader of its security and covert apparatus and the principal link to so-called rejection front elements like Abu Nidal. He directly oversaw the PLO's internal security including Force 17, the Special Operations Group and the Intelligence and Security Apparatus.

Khalaf was also the commander in chief of the terrorist Black September organization. Black September was a PLO front group that answered directly to Yasser Arafat. It is of course best known for the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympics.

Among its other operations was the 1973 seizure of the Saudi embassy in Khartoum. During the operation the American ambassador to Sudan (Cleo Noel) and his deputy chief of misson (George Curtis Moore) were both brutally murdered on Arafat's orders along with the Belgian diplomat Guy Eid. Khalaf was involved in the planning of the operation and directed the seizure of the embassy. (I tell the story of the operation in "How Arafat got away with murder.")

Before they murdered Noel, Moore and Eid, the Black September terrorists demanded the release of Robert Kennedy's assassin Sirhan Sirhan. Obama's friends Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn were also big fans of Sirhan Sirhan. FOX News also reported this week that Obama's friends Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn dedicated their 1974 book Prairie Fire to "political prisoners" including Sirhan Sirhan.

I wonder if Obama has had a chance to discuss the fans of Sirhan Sirhan within his circle of friends as he has met up with the members of the Kennedy family who are supporting his election for president. Obama would note that he was only six years old when Robert Kennedy was assassinated. Would that cut it? The younger generation of the Kennedy family that lost its father and uncle wasn't much older at the time either...

STOP DRAGGING JOHN MCCAIN`S advisor and recipient through the mud.  John McCain has stated that Khalidi is a great American Scholar and acknowledged that he also is integral for his research on Middle East Relations.

I don`t doubt John McCain`s trust for one moment regarding Khalidi and I do think the 500,000 he gave Khalidi was used for a good purpose.

Stop denigrating an innocent American and John McCain.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »
but True adonis, his name is muslim sounding so that automatically makes him a sinister terrorist.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2008, 01:02:56 PM »
STOP DRAGGING JOHN MCCAIN`S advisor and recipient through the mud.  John McCain has stated that Khalidi is a great American Scholar and acknowledged that he also is integral for his research on Middle East Relations.

I don`t doubt John McCain`s trust for one moment regarding Khalidi and I do think the 500,000 he gave Khalidi was used for a good purpose.

Stop denigrating an innocent American and John McCain.

ah yes, schtick coma, at it's finest....

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2008, 01:10:43 PM »
but True adonis, his name is muslim sounding so that automatically makes him a sinister terrorist.

Also Matrix, I think you forgot to mention he's black.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
If we don't allow:  

I have foreign policy experience because I can see Russia from my backyard.

Then we should also not allow:  

Obama's personal friendship with & continuous dinner companion is a former PLO spokesman.  Now this should not be criticized because this man is a member of the Center for Palestine Research and Studies, which received a grant from the GOP's IRI fund, which was intended for studies and opinion polls in the West Bank.

A crass way of putting it:

Throw some money to a bunch of Palestinians, what are the chances one may be connected to terrorists....

(I'm admitting that's a racist/crass statement, but I'm trying to get through the grey matter)......

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2008, 01:36:44 PM »
Also Matrix, I think you forgot to mention he's black.

Are you saying that "obizzma" is the type of "G" that does a driveby in a stolen car with his "homeys" after robbing the KFC earlier that day, CQ?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2008, 04:08:49 PM »
If we don't allow:  

I have foreign policy experience because I can see Russia from my backyard.

Then we should also not allow:  

Obama's personal friendship with & continuous dinner companion is a former PLO spokesman.  Now this should not be criticized because this man is a member of the Center for Palestine Research and Studies, which received a grant from the GOP's IRI fund, which was intended for studies and opinion polls in the West Bank.

A crass way of putting it:

Throw some money to a bunch of Palestinians, what are the chances one may be connected to terrorists....

(I'm admitting that's a racist/crass statement, but I'm trying to get through the grey matter)......

Perhaps you can Email John McCain`s campaign for an answer about that 500,000 he gave Khalidi and debate him or a surrogate.  You seem to be angry with John McCain and his committee for funding Khalidi, who is a great American Scholar.

I think though they will reply with, "You should trust John McCain`s judgment and know that John McCain supports Khalidi and his research as he is an exemplary American."

Post what they respond with if you get a chance.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2008, 04:11:44 PM »
Are you saying that "obizzma" is the type of "G" that does a driveby in a stolen car with his "homeys" after robbing the KFC earlier that day, CQ?

I'm saying he's the type of the brotha that graduated with honours from Harvard, made millions of dollars and weilds more power and name recognition then hundreds of thousands of people combined ;)

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »
Perhaps you can Email John McCain`s campaign for an answer about that 500,000 he gave Khalidi and debate him or a surrogate.  You seem to be angry with John McCain and his committee for funding Khalidi, who is a great American Scholar.

I think though they will reply with, "You should trust John McCain`s judgment and know that John McCain supports Khalidi and his research as he is an exemplary American."

Post what they respond with if you get a chance.

The issue is "who are Obama's friends?"  The name Khalidi shows up.

With respect to McCain's involvement with Khalidi - there is no evidence of any.  None that I can find. 

I have copied this below from another board and cannot vouch for its correctness (no links provided), but it at least fleshes out some of these issues regarding McCain.  But as noted, it's the Obama/Khalidi relationship I am concerned with.  McCain has been a US serviceman and Congressman, Senator for most of his life.  I don't question his loyalty to this country. 

Obama's loyalty to this country?  Not so sure.  Why does he want/need the presidency so badly?  I've never seen anyone want it so badly.

If we have another terrorist attack, how many will suspect that Obama could have contacted someone with terrorist connections?  Obama could petition Congress to give him full authority (a temporary dictatorship).  Maybe even amend the Constitution.  You need to be more discerning in giving out your full trust and loyalty.

Here is what I've found (not verified).  Nor do I believe it is important (you do, evidently).  It's basically what I have been saying, though:

Here's what McCain was a member of:
McCain was Chairman of the IRI

International Republican Institute (IRI):

The IRI's stated mission is to expand what it interprets as freedom throughout the world. Its activities include teaching and assisting with political party and candidate development, good governance practices, civil society development, civic education, women’s and youth leadership development, electoral reform and election monitoring, and political expression in closed societies.

And their mission:

IRI's stated mission is to expand what it interprets as freedom throughout the world. Its activities include teaching and assisting with political party and candidate development, good governance practices, civil society development, civic education, women’s and youth leadership development, electoral reform and election monitoring, and political expression in closed societies.

Here's the organization re Khalidi:

Khalidi was one of 7 who founded the organization, Center for Palestine Research and Studies. He was not on staff. He was not a trustee. He was a nothing to the organization at the time of the grant. Many, including the Japanees, NED, etc., gave to the organization. The organization was intented to gather data about Palestinian people with the hopes of creating a state and/or helping to establish peace in the area.

So the truth, as usual, is SOMEPLACE in the middle. The media today are NOT a fact relating group. They are all doing editorials, giving their views. Listen to each side and the real story will be in the middle.

And I agree with the immediate above statement. the mantra of the PRC was non-political .. the IRI was simply facillitating research to help bring peace to a volatile region.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
With respect to McCain's involvement with Khalidi - there is no evidence of any.  None that I can find. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,445745,00.html

FOX News admits McCain gave $448,000 to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2008, 05:15:17 PM »

The issue is "who are Obama's friends?"  The name Khalidi shows up.

I have copied this below from another board and cannot vouch for its correctness (no links provided), but it at least fleshes out some of these issues regarding McCain.  But as noted, it's the Obama/Khalidi relationship I am concerned with.  McCain has been a US serviceman and Congressman, Senator for most of his life.  I don't question his loyalty to this country. 

Obama loyalty to this country?  Not so sure.  Why does he want/need the presidency so badly?  I've never seen anyone want it so badly.

If we have another terrorist attack, how many will suspect that Obama could have contacted someone with terrorist connections?  Obama could petition Congress to give him full authority (a temporary dictatorship).  Maybe even amend the Constitution.  You need to be more discerning in giving out your full trust and loyalty.

Here is what I've found (not verified).  Nor do I believe it is important (you do, evidently).  It's basically what I have been saying, though:

Here's what McCain was a member of:
McCain was Chairman of the IRI

International Republican Institute (IRI):

The IRI's stated mission is to expand what it interprets as freedom throughout the world. Its activities include teaching and assisting with political party and candidate development, good governance practices, civil society development, civic education, women’s and youth leadership development, electoral reform and election monitoring, and political expression in closed societies.

And their mission:

IRI's stated mission is to expand what it interprets as freedom throughout the world. Its activities include teaching and assisting with political party and candidate development, good governance practices, civil society development, civic education, women’s and youth leadership development, electoral reform and election monitoring, and political expression in closed societies.

Here's the organization re Khalidi:

Khalidi was one of 7 who founded the organization, Center for Palestine Research and Studies. He was not on staff. He was not a trustee. He was a nothing to the organization at the time of the grant. Many, including the Japanees, NED, etc., gave to the organization. The organization was intented to gather data about Palestinian people with the hopes of creating a state and/or helping to establish peace in the area.

So the truth, as usual, is SOMEPLACE in the middle. The media today are NOT a fact relating group. They are all doing editorials, giving their views. Listen to each side and the real story will be in the middle.

And I agree with the immediate above statement. the mantra of the PRC was non-political .. the IRI was simply facillitating research to help bring peace to a volatile region.

When you email the McCain campaign about his friendship with Khalidi and the 500,000 dollars he gave Khalidi`s organization, ask about G. Gordon Liddy and see if he still is appreciative of the fundraiser that he held for McCain.

Personally, it does not bother me one bit that McCain had a working relationship with Khalidi or G. Gordon Liddy.  I know they are totally harmless.  It seems to bother you though.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2008, 05:17:01 PM »

Obama's loyalty to this country?  Not so sure.  Why does he want/need the presidency so badly?  I've never seen anyone want it so badly.

jesus christ, where do you get this stuff, seriously???

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
jesus christ, where do you get this stuff, seriously???

I got a "little creative".....not yet ready for the straight-jacket....

TA answers with the same "McCain donation" issue, which is off-topic.

Then I reply about Obama/Khalidi/PLO connection - the issue I wanted him to address.

Kind of like a bad Twilight Zone episode. 

Sorry you got caught up in it.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2008, 05:40:18 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,445745,00.html

FOX News admits McCain gave $448,000 to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research

Once more, I don't care about McCain's financial relationship regarding IRI's donation of $448,873 to the CPRS.

Once more, I AM concerned that Obama had a close friendship, including dinners with wives, at Khalidi's home.  Khalidi was a PLO spokeman and wrote admiringly of the Commander of Black September, the murders at the 1972 Olympics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »
Once more, I don't care about McCain's financial relationship regarding IRI's dontion of $448,873 to the CPRS.

Once more, I AM concerned that Obama had a close friendship, including dinners with wives, at Khalidi's home.  Khalidi was a PLO spokeman and wrote admiringly of the Commander of Black September, the murders at the 1972 Olympics.

How can yoU NOT CARE that mccain gave half a mil to a terrorist???????????????

I don't like the fact that Obama consorted with a bad guy.

I also don't like the fact that mccain gave him half a million bucks.

Ya can't criticize one without shitting on the other one too.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2008, 06:01:41 PM »
How can yoU NOT CARE that mccain gave half a mil to a terrorist???????????????

I don't like the fact that Obama consorted with a bad guy.

I also don't like the fact that mccain gave him half a million bucks.

Ya can't criticize one without shitting on the other one too.

To the best of my knowledge, the IRI's grant to the CPRS was for peace promoting purposes (to study the West Bank and do polling of the Palestinian residents to find a path to an agreement the residents would agree to).

The grant was not made to a terrorist organization (such as the PLO, Abu Nidal, Islamic Jihad, PFLP, Palistinian Liberation Front).

Comparing the IRI's grant is a "straw man argument" regarding Obama's friendship to Rashid Khalidi, IMO.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2008, 06:27:15 PM »
To the best of my knowledge, the IRI's grant to the CPRS was for peace promoting purposes (to study the West Bank and do polling of the Palestinian residents to find a path to an agreement the residents would agree to).

The grant was not made to a terrorist organization (such as the PLO, Abu Nidal, Islamic Jihad, PFLP, Palistinian Liberation Front).

Khalidi was running the org - and mccain gave him 488k.

Obama gave him grants of 70k as well.

They both stink of shit in this deal...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »
The Real Point here is that Khalidi is American Born and one of the best Scholars and advisors regarding Middle Eastern relations and politics.  Republicans and Democrats both respect him greatly as well as the Academic community.  Jews, Muslims, Christians, Atheists all respect him.  He has taught hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.

It is a shame for anyone to falsely accuse him of anything or insinuation.  He is a great American.  Sorry few of you actually see that.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »
Khalidi is AN AMERICAN SCHOLAR. John McCain knows the value of Khalidi.

Look at Khalidi`s crednetials. Impressive to say the least.

Rashid Khalidi (born 1950), an American historian of the Middle East, is the 'Edward Said Professor of Modern Arab Studies' at Columbia University,[1] and director of the Middle East Institute of Columbia's School of International and Public Affairs.

Khalidi was born in New York. He received a B.A. from Yale University, where he was a member of Wolf's Head Society,[2] in 1970,[3] and a D. Phil. from Oxford University in 1974[4] and spent many years as a professor and director of both the Center for Middle Eastern Studies and the Center for International Studies at the University of Chicago before joining the Columbia faculty. He has also taught at Georgetown University, Lebanese University, and the American University of Beirut.

Khalidi is married to Mona Khalidi, who is the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and the Assistant Director of Graduate Studies of the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University.[5] He is a member of the National Advisory Committee of the U.S. Interreligious Committee for Peace in the Middle East, which describes itself as "a national organization of Jews, Christians and Muslims dedicated to dialogue, education and advocacy for peace based on the deepest teachings of the three religious traditions."[6]

He is member of the Board of Sponsors of The Palestine-Israel Journal, a publication founded by Ziad AbuZayyad and Victor Cygielman, prominent Palestinian and Israeli journalists.

He is founding trustee of The Center for Palestine Research and Studies.
[/size]
Princeton University let it be known that it was considering hiring Khalidi in 2005.[7] However, a controversy developed over Khalidi's political involvements and no job offer was made.[8]

Academic work

Khalidi’s research covers primarily the history of the modern Middle East. He focuses on the countries of the southern and eastern Mediterranean, with an eye to the emergence of various national identities and the role played by external powers in their development. He also researches the impact of the press on forming new senses of community, the role of education in the construction of political identity, and in the way narratives have developed over the past centuries in the region.[4] Michael C. Hudson, director of the Center for Contemporary Arab Studies at Georgetown, describes Khalidi as "preeminent in his field."[9] He served as President of the Middle East Studies Association of North America in 1994. Khalidi is currently editor of the Journal of Palestine Studies.

Much of Khalidi's scholarly work in the 1990s focused on the historical construction of nationalism in the Arab world. Drawing on the work of theorists Benedict Anderson who described nations as "imagined communities", he does not posit primordial national identities, but clearly argues that these nations have legitimacy and rights. In Palestinian Identity: The Construction of Modern National Consciousness (1997), he places the emergence of Palestinian national identity in the context of Ottoman and British colonialism as well as the early Zionist effort in the Levant. This book won the Middle East Studies Association’s Albert Hourani Prize as best book of 1997.[10] His dating of Palestinian national emergence to the early 20th century and his tracing of its contours provide a rejoinder to Israeli nationalist claims that Palestinians either do not exist, or had no collective claims prior to the 1948 creation of Israel. Nevertheless, Khalidi is also careful to focus on the late development, failings and internal divisions within the various elements of the Palestinian nationalist movement as well.

In Resurrecting Empire: Western Footprints and America's Perilous Path in the Middle East (2004), Khalidi takes readers on a historical tour of Western intervention in the Middle East, and argues that these interventions continue to have a colonialist nature that is both morally unacceptable and likely to backfire.