Author Topic: Obama Holds 6-Point Average Lead Over McCain in Polls  (Read 609 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Obama Holds 6-Point Average Lead Over McCain in Polls
« on: November 02, 2008, 11:22:35 PM »
Nov. 2 (Bloomberg) -- Barack Obama has an average lead of 6.4 percentage points over John McCain in national polls with two days left in the presidential campaign.

Polls released in the last week showed the Democratic candidate with leads ranging from three points in a Fox News survey to 13 points in a CBS News poll. The average of polls compiled by Real Clear Politics shows that Obama has been ahead between five and eight points since the beginning of October.

``Obama's is a campaign about gaining a lead and then holding it,'' said Julian Zelizer, a professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University in New Jersey. ``McCain's last two weeks have not changed this. Most important, the context of the election has remained the same -- an economy in crisis -- so it is hard to get those numbers to move.''

After pulling ahead of Obama in some polls following the Republican National Convention in the first week of September, McCain's support slid as the financial crisis deepened, with voters considering Obama better able to manage the economy.

That trend has been reflected in the so-called battleground states where the presidential election will be decided.

cont... http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20081102/pl_bloomberg/auhtmmrfebu

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Obama Holds 6-Point Average Lead Over McCain in Polls
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 11:30:37 PM »
This is a huge lead over what Kerry had vs. Bush.  we'll see... fraud is still an issue.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 06:11:19 AM »
This is a huge lead over what Kerry had vs. Bush.  we'll see... fraud is still an issue.

And the dreaded Bradley, although I think a reverse Bradley may counteract.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 06:17:56 AM »
And the dreaded Bradley, although I think a reverse Bradley may counteract.

I have heard the same thing from older relatives and in-laws (who have their prejuidiced ways etched in) the following quote: "I can't believe I'm voting for the black guy".

I think they're trying to justify to those around them, why they are picking Obama.  They put their own $ ahead of their admitted preference for skin color.

There are probably a lot of people like that - age 40s to 60s - who see their 401k shrinking and their social security benefits shrinking - and realize "the black guy" will put more $ in their pocket each year.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 06:18:19 AM »
All they wanted was to be within 4-6% this weekend and they knew they'd be able to pull it off from there.

Keep your eyes on Florida, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.  I would want video cameras in every counting room of every precinct in those states. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:48:21 AM »
Realize also that not EVERY black person will be voting for Sen. Obama.  They may not vote for Sen. McCain either since everyone is so bitter about the Bush administration.  And no one seems to have factored in what votes for Bob Barr will do for the election.  There might be quite a few citizens who either don't want McCain because they bought the story that McCain is too much like George Bush, or there may be some folks who feel like they don't know enough about Sen. Obama or can't see themselves voting for a black man.  In short, we can speculate all we want to, but the truth of the matter is, only God knows.  And that's good enough for me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:50:50 AM »
Realize also that not EVERY black person will be voting for Sen. Obama.  They may not vote for Sen. McCain either since everyone is so bitter about the Bush administration.  And no one seems to have factored in what votes for Bob Barr will do for the election.  There might be quite a few citizens who either don't want McCain because they bought the story that McCain is too much like George Bush, or there may be some folks who feel like they don't know enough about Sen. Obama or can't see themselves voting for a black man.  In short, we can speculate all we want to, but the truth of the matter is, only God knows.  And that's good enough for me.

polls show 98% of african-americans will vote obama.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »
polls show 98% of african-americans will vote obama.
Polls are accurate now? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 08:13:41 AM »
most african americans voted hilary, didn't they?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 08:22:41 AM »
most african americans voted hilary, didn't they?

I was reading back on all the stats, the AA vote has been 90%+ for a zillion past elections for the dems. Nothing new here.

There will be a few scattered ones that won't, but same as most old white southern "Evangelicals" will be voting GOP, anything out of those line will be somewhat inconsequential.