Author Topic: Lion vs Human Staredown  (Read 6214 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
Lion vs Human Staredown
« on: November 03, 2008, 07:39:51 AM »

holy shit! that guy is insane :o

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Lion vs Human Staredown
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »

holy shit! that guy is insane :o

yea right.  ::)

If there wasn't a camera and a car to scare the lion, it would probably tear the fatsos asshole into pieces.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:07:21 AM »
They said they didn't have any guns.  That is bullshit cause no one goes out into the wild of Africa without a gun.  They probably had 3 or 4 or them zoomed in on this lion just in case.  But, that guy is a nut.  I have played with lions and tigers before and they are strong and scary as hell cause you really don't know what they are going to do.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:06 AM »
GOES TO SHOW HOW FUCKING DUMB HUMANS ARE. IT WOULD SERVE HIM RIGHT TO GET HIS HEAD RIPPED OFF.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:13:12 AM »
yea right.  ::)

If there wasn't a camera and a car to scare the lion, it would probably tear the fatsos asshole into pieces.
The camera was behind the car, the car didn't make a diffrence, that guy intimidated the lion with his sheer size  :D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:21:37 AM »
A while back some guy lived alone with some Grizzley Bears up north and got some great coverage and publicity in some of the national magazines.  A movie too if I recall correctly.

I believe that they found small remains of him and his girlfriend after one of the Grizzleys had had enough and ate them.

Anyone recall those details?

Sort of a non-related story here but a while back one of Canada's top bodybuilders used to board himself up in a deserted shack and train all winter long. When summer came and the snows melted, he'd step onto the tundra as a new man ready for any northern BB contest!

TRUE STORY! I think Mabel and Perry did the original article.

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »
They said they didn't have any guns.  That is bullshit cause no one goes out into the wild of Africa without a gun.  They probably had 3 or 4 or them zoomed in on this lion just in case.  But, that guy is a nut.  I have played with lions and tigers before and they are strong and scary as hell cause you really don't know what they are going to do.

This guy is famous.

Its only him and the cameraman. No guns.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:29:48 AM »
A while back some guy lived alone with some Grizzley Bears up north and got some great coverage and publicity in some of the national magazines.  A movie too if I recall correctly.

I believe that they found small remains of him and his girlfriend after one of the Grizzleys had had enough and ate them.

Yes, he stayed around younger bears in the summer who always had food available and they ignored him and acted like he wasn't even around when he was talking to them lol.
He got eaten because he went around the older bears in winter when the food supply is low, he said himself the hungry bears in winter are alot more dangerous but he still went out around them.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:31:01 AM »
risking his life just for some fame. what a jackass...

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:35:31 AM »
This guy is famous.

Its only him and the cameraman. No guns.
whats the name of that beast?
 :D :D

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 09:47:25 AM »
Thanks, Method! That movie played at one of the local art houses and made him look like a jerk for risking his life hanging around the wrong crowd.

When I was a kid we used to go to the zoo and visit the gorillas. The biggest male was a gruff old fart that would stare anyone in the eye and hold it until something else gained his attention.

One crowded afternoon he apparently didn't like who he was staring at and picked up a pile of fresh shit and threw it at him.

Pretty good aim too but that shit was fresh enough to spread over pretty much of the onlooking crowd of Sunday visitors.

Actually happened! No shit!

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 10:01:34 AM »
the guy is in charge he knows what hes doing otherwise he wouldnt, still some fucking balls.

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 10:08:12 AM »

Sort of a non-related story here but a while back one of Canada's top bodybuilders used to board himself up in a deserted shack and train all winter long. When summer came and the snows melted, he'd step onto the tundra as a new man ready for any northern BB contest!

TRUE STORY! I think Mabel and Perry did the original article.

Its a series on TV.  Grizzly man diaries I think..  Crazy fucking guy. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
There is another guy who does this and more.  He actually is inches from lions as they are feeding.  He is really nuts.  He is literally right there and touching them.  Unless you have been inches away from one of these big cats it is really hard to understand how big and scary they are.  A male lion standing on all fours can be almost 6' to the top of his head.  The one I played with was about 5' then when he got on his hind legs he was 8+' tall.  And when the roar you feel the sound inside your body and hitting your skin.  It is unreal in person.  And there in nothing scarier than feeding 10 big cats raw chicken. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 10:12:20 AM »
lion just had a few bigmacs and couldnt care less about that fat dude
Z

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 10:12:55 AM »
A lion would never dare mess with a bodybuilder.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »
risking his life just for some fame. what a jackass...

Yeah, no one's done that before.  ::)  ;D

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »
A lion would never dare mess with a bodybuilder.
are you implying that if tom platz hit a most muscular, the striations in his quads would strike fear into the heart of even the bravest lions?
 ;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »
Keith, I kinda feel like I know what ya mean about lions as you so stated above.

One of the Cirque performers give us some comped tickets to see Sigfried and Roy when they were the top act in as Vegas and we were seated right up front and my elbow was actually resting on the stage.

When the show started and the lions came out, two of them were sitting directly in front of me no further than 6 feet away. Close enough that I could actually smell their breath.

It wasn't a comfortable feeling and I wondered what would happen if they had a dinner show with people eating steaks in that front row.

One lion just sat there looking at me right in the eye while Sig and Roy ran the other lions through their tricks further down the stage. Then that lion who shared my interest jumped up as if on cue and ran (stampeded?) to the far end of the stage and hopped onto another small stage directly above a table that held about four VIP's.

He made a couple of turns and flopped down as if to take a rest with his tail hanging over the edge directly above one VIP's head.

Roy claimed that they always had trouble with that particular lion who simply liked to watch the show while resting on that little stage ...... and he liiked to have his tail pulled.

So Roy tells the VIP sitting under the lion with the tail just about hitting his bald head to go ahead and give it a yank. Needless to say the VIP refuses but within a minute or so of prompting, he gives the tail a yank ............ and as if on cue .... the lion jumps up and gives the biggest roar ever heard outside of Tarzan's neighborhood and much more louder than that old timer in the MGM logo.

It scared the shit out of the poor guy who pulled it and just about eveyone else in the theater but the lion had simply done his part and silently jumped off that stage to his predesignated spot on a huge silver ball which magically floated up and over the stage and over the heads of others who were sitting up front.

Great LV show and they may be coming back. Lions are amazing critters but I wouldn't have one as a pet!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 10:52:35 AM »
Without wearing a Tapout shirt it's simply to dangerous.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »
Yeah, no one's done that before.  ::)  ;D

hmm fair enough. valid point  ;D

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 10:53:52 AM »
Without wearing a Tapout shirt it's simply to dangerous.
I CANT STOP LAUGHING HERE  ;D classic!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 11:04:30 AM »
id like to have a few big ole lions and tigers with their teeth pulled out and claws pulled off.... they would be hella fun to wrestle and play with then..  :D

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »
the guy looks pretty buff, i wonder if he lifts weights, if so, he could certainly have a chance against a female lion, im sure of that.