Author Topic: CHARLES POLIQUIN: "I GAINED 13 LBS LEAN MASS IN 5 DAYS EATING ORGANIC FOOD  (Read 8028 times)

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
Priceless.

Charles believes he gained 13 lbs of lean mass in 5 days no less, no more, eating organic food in the Dominican Republic.

That's only 2 lbs of lean mass per day!

Personally when I eat organic food around Venezuela I can 25-30 lbs of lean mass in a week or so, so I do have to laugh at Charles.

Ok, bullshit off. Charles isn't kidding. He seriously thinks he gained 13 lbs in 5 days due to eating organic food. You wouldn't get 13 lbs/5 days on 10g of test per week.

HOW CAN THIS GUY BE A LEADING WORLD COACH?!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
Re: CHARLES POLIQUIN: "I GAINED 13 LBS LEAN MASS IN 5 DAYS EATING ORGANIC FOOD
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
Link?

If you were depleted and under fed then stuffed your face on nutrient rich organic food then anabolic things can happen.

Stavios

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 07:18:47 PM »
hahaaha

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:21:35 PM »
Devon, i can't give ya one, but I do remember it from memory.

Ok, let's pretend you say "well then you are remembering it wrong".  Fair enough.

Just go along. Pretend that's what he said (which he did).

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I don't think there is ANY IFBB pro grounded in reality who has ever said he gained 13 lbs of lean mass, no bloat or that stuff, in 5 days using enough drugs to fell a bull and gorilla.
And this would be without drugs....

The statement is ridiculous!

Remember, Charles also had a shotputter add 240 lbs to his bench press in a few weeks simply by adding rotator cuff exercises.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:24:12 PM »
Devon, i can't give ya one, but I do remember it from memory.

Ok, let's pretend you say "well then you are remembering it wrong".  Fair enough.

Just go along. Pretend that's what he said (which he did).

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. I don't think there is ANY IFBB pro grounded in reality who has ever said he gained 13 lbs of lean mass, no bloat or that stuff, in 5 days using enough drugs to fell a bull and gorilla.
And this would be without drugs....

The statement is ridiculous!

I don't know, those Muscle Tech ads are pretty fucking outrageous....
HAHA, RON.....

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
Priceless.

Charles believes he gained 13 lbs of lean mass in 5 days no less, no more, eating organic food in the Dominican Republic.

Personally when I eat organic food around Venezuela I can 25-30 lbs of lean mass in a week or so, so I do have to laugh at Charles.

Ok, bullshit off. Charles isn't kidding. He seriously thinks he gained 13 lbs in 5 days due to eating organic food. You wouldn't get 13 lbs/5 days on 10g of test per week.

I read an interview with him in Ironman once and i disagreed with a lot he said. But hey who am i....

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »
I read an interview with him in Ironman once and i disagreed with a lot he said. But hey who am i....

You're a human capable of rational thought without vested commercial interests who will see beyond what is blatanly absurd.
Ad hominem is the key here. We are attacking an argument, a claim, not a person. Of course, the argument is person based, but that isn't our fault.

Imagine if Charles had been doing anabolics too. He would've made a new ifbb pro!

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 07:31:50 PM »
Charles gained 2½ lbs of lean mass/day eating organic food for 5 days straight! Why didn't he stay 5 days longer, or 10 days. Or heck half a fucking year. With these kinds of mass gains why not  set up special exports from all those countries.

"Better than Steroids!" - Charles LOLiquin approved.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 07:32:16 PM »
Actually he said in that interview he maintained 5% BF and only ate carbs every 5 days.

I have seen someone experienced (and done clean) do this though.

I think Mentzer was a bit nuts with some theories BUT....he was right, if you have the intensity you don't need to do much at all. I can't believe the amount of sets some of these guys do. Maybe they don't feel it much or something.

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »
2% rule - always add 2% to a person's BF claims  :)

Nah just kidding. I have no problem accepting 97% of what poliquin says, but man does he also spout buillshit. There is a big personality cult around him, it's crazy.

Alex23

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
hahaahahahaha another nutritional dellusional tool

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 07:52:06 PM »
Link?

If you were depleted and under fed then stuffed your face on nutrient rich organic food then anabolic things can happen.

From first hand experience I can attest to the truth of this. Except the under-fed (starvation) part lasted a month and I didn't touch the weights. One month and 30 less pounds later, I found myself back in the gym and sticking hard to a mass diet. Put the 30 pounds back on in less than three weeks and looked better than before. I've done some crazy things with my physique weight wise through the years experimenting with cutting/bulking. I have stretch marks on my thighs from that one.

The Coach

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
I stopped reading Poliquin, this guy is getting to off the wall with his BS. Almost Milosesq!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »

We went to the same university during the 80s. Absolutely no development, never seen training at the gym, then suddenly years later gained 30-40 lb. "naturally". ::)

Also responsible for bringing in some of the worst possible lines of equipment to the university gym. Sat there unused, complete waste of a budget.

Also a major ahole.

Hope this helps.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:30 PM »
I stopped reading Poliquin, this guy is getting to off the wall with his BS. Almost Milosesq!

Yeah I've said the same many times here. Do you think it's possible he's kidding, that it's some type of inside joke?

He's way worse than Milos with his outrageous claims, though he looks up to Milos. In a recent article he said he put on a lot of muscle when he started eating 2 grams of protein per pound of bw like Milos advices.

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 09:37:36 PM »
Maybe he doesn't believe in telling the truth?

The Coach

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 10:16:29 PM »
Yeah I've said the same many times here. Do you think it's possible he's kidding, that it's some type of inside joke?

He's way worse than Milos with his outrageous claims, though he looks up to Milos. In a recent article he said he put on a lot of muscle when he started eating 2 grams of protein per pound of bw like Milos advices.

Van, from what I understand it's the other way around, Milos I thought one time said Charles was one of his mentors. Either way doesn't matter, I have a subscription to his site and I'm ready to cancel. Even when I talk to Berardi he even thinks Poliquin is off. No, I don't think he's kidding, unless he intentionally wants to mislead people who don't know any better I don't think he would place it on his site.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 11:39:34 PM »
I gained 14lbs of lean mass reading this thread.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 11:48:51 PM »
I gained 14lbs of lean mass reading this thread.
I better read this 2x then.... ::)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 12:00:33 AM »
Lean mass? Bullshit. He's not natural either.

The fitness industry is full of liars who will say anything to seem impressive enough so that you will buy their product or service. It's a joke to anyone even remotely in the fitness industry universe.

Caveman

• Getbig II
  • Old-school is da shit
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 12:03:09 AM »
Maybe he got really constipated.... ok, it's not real mass but he would have gained a few pounds if he continued eating.  ;D

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 02:30:08 AM »
Priceless.

When you read an article by Charles Poliquin, often a lot of it seems pretty smart.

Then something totally wild and outlandish jumps out and strikes you, like when he claims that he gained 15 lbs of lean mass after Milos Sarcev told him to start eat huge amounts of protein.

I take everything he writes with at least handful of salt.

As empty as paradise

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 02:33:05 AM »
When you read an article by Charles Poliquin, often a lot of it seems pretty smart.

Then something totally wild and outlandish jumps out and strikes you, like when he claims that he gained 15 lbs of lean mass after Milos Sarcev told him to start eat huge amounts of protein.

I take everything he writes with at least handful of salt.

You should take it with a handful of 2 grams of protein powder per pound and watch your gains grow

MarvinEderFan

• Getbig III
  • m
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 11:25:39 AM »
I am curious, if organic food from these countries works so well why not move his training practices there? He could make new MR Olympias!!

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »
Priceless.

Is D-bol considered an organic food :) ?

I'm sure he prints some of this shit just to see what he can get people to believe.