Author Topic: First New Hampsire town votes - their results are in  (Read 1273 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
First New Hampsire town votes - their results are in
« on: November 03, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »
Republicans have owned this small town election every time since 1960.

Today, Obama wins 15-6 votes.

CNN's Larry king was shocked that Mccain didn't win it.

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Re: First New Hampsire town votes - their results are in
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 09:29:23 PM »

AND IT BEGINS....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:30:40 PM »
I'm not surprised. Polls across Canada have shown that in Canadian voter preferance Obama leads 72%.
The Biography channel is releasing another Canadian natiowide poll on Nov 5th
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
AND IT BEGINS....

Not sure why you and Jag are acting like total noobs to republican and neocon's abilitiy to snag elections.  The way you guys are going, it's going to be "control alt delete" on your accounts if the election is stolen again...

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:39:40 PM »
Not sure why you and Jag are acting like total noobs to republican and neocon's abilitiy to snag elections.  The way you guys are going, it's going to be "control alt delete" on your accounts if the election is stolen again...

Just lock this thread so MattT, Jag and 240 can masturbate to it no matter which way the election goes tomorrow.

Oh wait--Busted hasn't chimed in yet...  you'd better hold off until he can get in on the circlejerk too.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:44:01 PM »
Just lock this thread so MattT, Jag and 240 can masturbate to it.

Oh wait--Busted hasn't chimed in yet...  you'd better hold off until he can get in on the circlejerk too.

Dan gets the bread!
G

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »

Honestly, ...I think it would be a case of [CTRL][ALT][DELETE] on your country if they steal another election.  :-\
w

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:53:26 PM »

what? how r we acting like nobs? look at all the garbage republicans throw at us, the few of us on here need to defend Obama >:(

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:56:09 PM »
Honestly, ...I think it would be a case of [CTRL][ALT][DELETE] on your country if they steal another election.  :-\

can u imagine the outrage!, i dont think Republicans want to go there this time.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:02:18 PM »
can u imagine the outrage!, i dont think Republicans want to go there this time.

I don't know, ...they seem to be trying to revisit alot of the crack.
The other day I heard McCain pull out that old tired line from a previous election...
"The Democrats are picking out new drapes for the White House"   ::)

Although, I do fear the civil unrest that will no doubt ensue if they steal another election.
This one will be nasty as hell.
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 11:23:26 PM »
what? how r we acting like nobs? look at all the garbage republicans throw at us, the few of us on here need to defend Obama >:(
Son, I think you might be legally retarded.
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 11:28:03 PM »
that may be true, it still doesn't change the existence of the "Obama wins, in your face" posts

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 11:32:45 PM »
I've been defending Obama all over the place here so I hope that isn't aimed at me...  Flamboyantly declaring Obama the winner is not defending Obama or probably helping him.  defending his policies and making the case of why he is the best choice is what I've busted my ass doing.  Not playing it like it's a freaking football game. 

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 12:08:29 AM »

I think they will be far more careful, as the world eyes are on them, and the world is pro Obama- literally.

They hold themselves up as bastions of democracy, making statements alluding like other nations can't get their voting right when actually they have far worse voting issue then much of the westen world anyway - don't think they want this one to frig up, sheer international embrassment and great potential for civil unrest, leading to further international embarassment.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 10:13:33 AM »

Hugo says you have to add a link to all you threads. Last warning!
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »
Hugo says you have to add a link to all you threads. Last warning!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/03/dixville.notch/

DIXVILLE NOTCH, New Hampshire (CNN) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama emerged victorious in the first election returns of the 2008 presidential race, winning 15 of 21 votes cast in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, is the first in the nation to vote in the primaries and Election Day.

People in the isolated village in New Hampshire's northeast corner voted just after midnight Tuesday.

It was the first time since 1968 that the village leaned Democratic in an election.

Obama's rival, Republican John McCain, won 6 votes.

A full 100 percent of registered voters in the village cast ballots. And the votes didn't take long to tally.

The town, home to around 75 residents, has opened its polls shortly after midnight each election day since 1960, drawing national media attention for being the first place in the country to make its presidential preferences known.

Don't Miss
ElectionCenter 2008: Electoral Map Calculator
ElectionCenter 2008: Latest polls
ElectionCenter 2008
iReport.com: Going to the polls? Share your experience
However, since 1996, another small New Hampshire town -- Hart's Location -- reinstated its practice from the 1940s and also began opening its polls at midnight.

The result in Dixville Notch is hardly a reliable bellwether for the eventual winner of the White House or even the result statewide.

Though New Hampshire is a perennial swing state, Dixville Notch -- until now -- had consistently leaned Republican. The last Democrat it picked was Hubert Humphrey over Richard Nixon in 1968.

President Bush won the town in a landslide in the last two elections: He captured 73 percent of the vote in 2004 (19 residents picked Bush while six preferred Sen. John Kerry), and secured 80 percent of the vote in 2000 (21 votes for Bush, five votes for Al Gore.)

But villagers expected the results to be close this year given Democrats now outnumber Republicans there.

The town picked both John McCain and Barack Obama for the New Hampshire Democratic and Republican primaries in January. McCain ultimately won the state of New Hampshire, while Sen. Hillary Clinton upset Obama there.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/03/dixville.notch/

DIXVILLE NOTCH, New Hampshire (CNN) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama emerged victorious in the first election returns of the 2008 presidential race, winning 15 of 21 votes cast in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

Dixville Notch, New Hampshire, is the first in the nation to vote in the primaries and Election Day.

People in the isolated village in New Hampshire's northeast corner voted just after midnight Tuesday.

It was the first time since 1968 that the village leaned Democratic in an election.

Obama's rival, Republican John McCain, won 6 votes.

A full 100 percent of registered voters in the village cast ballots. And the votes didn't take long to tally.

The town, home to around 75 residents, has opened its polls shortly after midnight each election day since 1960, drawing national media attention for being the first place in the country to make its presidential preferences known.

Don't Miss
ElectionCenter 2008: Electoral Map Calculator
ElectionCenter 2008: Latest polls
ElectionCenter 2008
iReport.com: Going to the polls? Share your experience
However, since 1996, another small New Hampshire town -- Hart's Location -- reinstated its practice from the 1940s and also began opening its polls at midnight.

The result in Dixville Notch is hardly a reliable bellwether for the eventual winner of the White House or even the result statewide.

Though New Hampshire is a perennial swing state, Dixville Notch -- until now -- had consistently leaned Republican. The last Democrat it picked was Hubert Humphrey over Richard Nixon in 1968.

President Bush won the town in a landslide in the last two elections: He captured 73 percent of the vote in 2004 (19 residents picked Bush while six preferred Sen. John Kerry), and secured 80 percent of the vote in 2000 (21 votes for Bush, five votes for Al Gore.)

But villagers expected the results to be close this year given Democrats now outnumber Republicans there.

The town picked both John McCain and Barack Obama for the New Hampshire Democratic and Republican primaries in January. McCain ultimately won the state of New Hampshire, while Sen. Hillary Clinton upset Obama there.

Touche :D
E