Author Topic: Thank you, Sarah Palin  (Read 2828 times)

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Thank you, Sarah Palin
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »
I'm glad I won't have to hear that he's a 'Maverick' anymore.

Not even a little bit Mavericky?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 08:46:02 PM »
Palin was the iceberg to his Titanic campaign.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 08:49:32 PM »
I disagree.

She hurt him - bad.
You're not giving the Obama campaign enough credit, W8tlftr.  They successfully painted the "4 MORE YEARS OF BUSH POLICY" all over John McCain.  It's not right to try to start piling on Sarah Palin.  If you want to blame anyone in that circle, blame her handlers.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 08:53:57 PM »
She lost this thing straight up

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »
You're not giving the Obama campaign enough credit, W8tlftr.  They successfully painted the "4 MORE YEARS OF BUSH POLICY" all over John McCain.  It's not right to try to start piling on Sarah Palin.  If you want to blame anyone in that circle, blame her handlers.

I give Obama a lot of credit. He ran a better campaign, he was better in the debates, and did an overall better job of communicating his message with American voters.

There are many issues I disagree with Obama on but yet he still won me over and I really didn't think he could.

In respect to Palin, I didn't get the sense that she and McCain where on the same sheet of music. When you throw in her poor job during the interviews it just further convinced me I did not want her as President should McCain pass away in office.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
Palin was the biggest nail in his coffin.

A complete ass job that he regretted from the very second week.  She lost the election.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 09:05:52 PM »
I give Obama a lot of credit. He ran a better campaign, he was better in the debates, and did an overall better job of communicating his message with American voters.

There are many issues I disagree with Obama on but yet he still won me over and I really didn't think he could.

In respect to Palin, I didn't get the sense that she and McCain where on the same sheet of music. When you throw in her poor job during the interviews it just further convinced me I did not want her as President should McCain pass away in office.
If the McCain campaign had let Sarah Palin be the same persona that earned her the vote of being the most popular governor in the 50 United States, not to mention the 80% approval rating in her state, then this would probably be closer (I think Obama would still have won). 

I think it's a very sad sentiment if people based their whole judgment on the very few interviews that Sarah Palin was allowed to partake in.  That's really sad.   :-\

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 09:19:10 PM »
If the McCain campaign had let Sarah Palin be the same persona that earned her the vote of being the most popular governor in the 50 United States, not to mention the 80% approval rating in her state, then this would probably be closer (I think Obama would still have won). 

I think it's a very sad sentiment if people based their whole judgment on the very few interviews that Sarah Palin was allowed to partake in.  That's really sad.   :-\

My whole judgment on Palin is not from the interviews. Give me some credit, dude.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 09:30:24 PM »
My whole judgment on Palin is not from the interviews. Give me some credit, dude.
My bad, bro.  I don't mean to throw that specifically at you, but more of the fact that many conservatives like Peggy Noonan and Kathleen Parker based their judgment on but a little more than the interviews that Palin did.   

Be honest, there ARE quite a few folks who fall into that category.  Let's be honest, W8tlftr, this NEEDED to happen to the conservative party.  So, all I'm just saying is let's don't start putting all of this on Sarah Palin.  It's not going to get conservatives back to doing the things that they once did best, small government, strong on military, and strong on social, moral issues.  They fell far away from the constituency, the pro-family folks. 

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »
My bad, bro.  I don't mean to throw that specifically at you, but more of the fact that many conservatives like Peggy Noonan and Kathleen Parker based their judgment on but a little more than the interviews that Palin did.   

Be honest, there ARE quite a few folks who fall into that category.  Let's be honest, W8tlftr, this NEEDED to happen to the conservative party.  So, all I'm just saying is let's don't start putting all of this on Sarah Palin.  It's not going to get conservatives back to doing the things that they once did best, small government, strong on military, and strong on social, moral issues.  They fell far away from the constituency, the pro-family folks. 

We'll see. I left the party years ago because it no longer represents true conservative values.

If they can't learn from this ass whoopin' then they'll never figure it out.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
We'll see. I left the party years ago because it no longer represents true conservative values.

If they can't learn from this ass whoopin' then they'll never figure it out.

Ain't no doubt about that, my friend!  Sho' Nuff Right!!!!

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 09:37:38 PM »
As much as I criticized her on the forums - I am SO glad McCain kept her on the ticket.

I would like to just thank Sarah Palin for destroying McCain's chances of winning this election.  Her special brand of crazy has singlehandedly ruined Republicans.

Thank you Sarah you crazy, fundamentalist bitch!

ur a pretty disgusting person....no reall ethical values...ultra liberal...not cool...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »

Does that mean you voted for Obama afterall?  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »

They couldn't do that. That very persona represented Washington politics at it's worst, all the very things they claimed to be against... secrecy, abuse of power, windfall gas profits tax, powerful lobbyists, earmarks and pork.

As someone so new to the national stage, other than Troopergate, her wanting to ban books, her positions on sex education, her hypocrisy, and her general vapidity, and fancy pageant walking, ...that's pretty much ALL they had to go on.  :D
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 10:10:01 PM »
They couldn't do that. That very persona represented Washington politics at it's worst, all the very things they claimed to be against... secrecy, abuse of power, windfall gas profits tax, powerful lobbyists, earmarks and pork.

As someone so new to the national stage, other than Troopergate, her wanting to ban books, her positions on sex education, her hypocrisy, and her general vapidity, and fancy pageant walking, ...that's pretty much ALL they had to go on.  :D
In other words, you fell for it hook-line-and-sinker too, huh Jag? 

I thought I smelled corn-chips.   :P

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 11:22:25 PM »
As much as I criticized her on the forums - I am SO glad McCain kept her on the ticket.

I would like to just thank Sarah Palin for destroying McCain's chances of winning this election.  Her special brand of crazy has singlehandedly ruined Republicans.

Thats exactly my thoughts.....what a Fu.king joke that piece of crap is...McCain already had his work cut out for him, when he brought palin on board..right from the get-go one issue after another...Non-stop bullshit, and the worst thing is she seemed to be enjoying all the screw ups that were happening...smiling, goofing with talk back show hosts, phone calls Inlaws...on and on.....McCain should ship her back to Alaska in a fu.king old shoe box. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »
In other words, you fell for it hook-line-and-sinker too, huh Jag? 

I thought I smelled corn-chips.   :P

Oh stop with the corn chips reference already!  >:(  I saw that guy from the San Diego zoo too.  :P

Ironically enough, I believe you. Sarah Palin is the scapegoat. McCain lost this election and should own it.

Sarah was HIS choice of running mate. He chose her, ...she didn't go begging for the position.

Mccain's selection, McCain's judgement, McCain's loss! He was outclassed every step of the way!  8)
w

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2008, 03:24:16 AM »
Palin thanks, she really flopped it for McCain.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 04:04:07 AM »
Palin = the gift that kept on giving. ;D

NT

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 07:46:47 AM »
240, how did Barr do?  I never saw the final vote #s for him.
Why didn't Ron Paul run as an independent?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »
It's a wrong call imo to dust this whole thing off on Sarah....  bigger and much more important condemnations by the electorate is missed.  The neocon factor and what bush and team neocon did with McCain's support is a much bigger thing voters turned their back on.  Sarah was a bad decision but an even worse scapegoat!!!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »
It's a wrong call imo to dust this whole thing off on Sarah....  bigger and much more important condemnations by the electorate is missed.  The neocon factor and what bush and team neocon did with McCain's support is a much bigger thing voters turned their back on.  Sarah was a bad decision but an even worse scapegoat!!!

I disagree... She was the personification of that Neo-Con factor... They turned on her BECAUSE she was that person... She was the Bush in a skirt.

She was not that bright... She was a religious loon and those things were the reasons why the Moderate Republicans (of which there are a LOT) turned to the Democratic party this time.

Was it HER in particular? No... but it WAS what she represented.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:58 AM »
240, how did Barr do?  I never saw the final vote #s for him.
Why didn't Ron Paul run as an independent?

i haven't seen barr numbers yet.

If Ron paul had run...

Mccain 46%
Obama 30%
Paul 19%

That's why ;)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »

bahahaha, beautiful post ;D