Author Topic: my posing routine at the midwest ironman  (Read 2196 times)

atombombbis

• Getbig II
my posing routine at the midwest ironman
« on: November 04, 2008, 07:57:48 PM »
i didnt practice a lick and just watched a bit of zane, arnold, and padilla!

was my first show too.......you can tell the music ran too long at the end and i wasnt ready for so much time!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=23082783&n=23082783&MyToken=b94a4178-5fb0-428b-bc97-55fc7db83ecb

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: my posing routine at the midwest ironman
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:30:12 PM »
The "one leg to the side" thing is overused and, IMO, too feminine for male BB. Also, in a slanting up or down double biceps, always look towards the most muscular arm. Arnold had a preference for looking towards his lower arm.

In the twisting back double bi, you're not twisting your torso enough. Hit a straight FDB and then just use your torso to bring your lower arm down and your upper arm up. The objective is to show both arms in the same way you would if you hit a back double biceps - i.e. full peak, full size, straight on facing the crowd. Once you've worked out how to do it, it'll look great.

Try and hit your BDB straight on, no fancy stuff. You have the back for it. Work on your poses, try some more classical music to fit the classical poses (I liked the Reeves-esque kneeling twist), and try to develop a routine. The crowd appreciates a well-choreographed routine.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:56:39 AM »
First show...didn't practice one bit...why?

atombombbis

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:54:30 AM »
time!

1year old, got married the week before, work, training, 2 hours cardio!!!!

atombombbis

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 07:55:20 AM »
The "one leg to the side" thing is overused and, IMO, too feminine for male BB. Also, in a slanting up or down double biceps, always look towards the most muscular arm. Arnold had a preference for looking towards his lower arm.

In the twisting back double bi, you're not twisting your torso enough. Hit a straight FDB and then just use your torso to bring your lower arm down and your upper arm up. The objective is to show both arms in the same way you would if you hit a back double biceps - i.e. full peak, full size, straight on facing the crowd. Once you've worked out how to do it, it'll look great.

Try and hit your BDB straight on, no fancy stuff. You have the back for it. Work on your poses, try some more classical music to fit the classical poses (I liked the Reeves-esque kneeling twist), and try to develop a routine. The crowd appreciates a well-choreographed routine.

thanks for the constructive critisism!!!

its very appreciated

ironjoe

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 01:43:51 PM »
Good job man..... 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 03:11:32 PM »
very good instincts, then. see much worse posing from guys who do indeed practice, and spend alot of time at it too. it could have been a little more polished but it was pretty darn good if you ask me.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »
Great job bro, especially for ur first show......hell, most guys dont look that good in their 10th show!

Congrats.

When do u plan on competing again?

atombombbis

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 09:56:42 AM »
Great job bro, especially for ur first show......hell, most guys dont look that good in their 10th show!

Congrats.

When do u plan on competing again?

im doing the NPC Continental and then the IRONMAN again next year.....they are a week apart so i may as well do both. i was a LHW this year though (192.6 pounds at weigh ins .....im 5'10). this off season i am working with nate wolfe of troponin nutrition to put on some size and come in as a heavy. i'd like to step on stage at about 215 or so next year.

the funnty thing is this show is usually held the first sat in dec. this year though they moved it up a whole month so instead of having 15-16 weeks to diet i only had 11!!!!! ....needless to say with the exception of my wedding i didnt cheat at all, or miss any cardio.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 04:14:39 AM »
time!

1year old, got married the week before, work, training, 2 hours cardio!!!!

Then you weren't ready to compete.