Author Topic: Drill, baby, drill  (Read 919 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Drill, baby, drill
« on: November 04, 2008, 09:11:34 PM »
You may have won this round, Nature.

but we are so going to assfvck you in 2012...

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Drill, baby, drill
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 09:14:21 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHA

Good stuff!!!

;D ;D ;D
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:14:38 PM »
We always come back stronger

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 10:48:15 PM »
Now that the election is over, ...does this mean we can go back to high gas prices again? ???

85.1 cents a litre  ( $3.221 per US gallon)

Gas prices haven't been this low in Toronto in over 4 yrs, ...but it's going up 4 cents a Litre tonight.  :P
w

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:48:43 PM »
 ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 10:55:24 PM »
Now that the election is over, ...does this mean we can go back to high gas prices again? ???

85.1 cents a litre  ( $3.221 per US gallon)

Gas prices haven't been this low in Toronto in over 4 yrs, ...but it's going up 4 cents a Litre tonight.  :P
Is Obama an oil man?  No, I think they'll stay low now... They keep doing this crap.  right now they have a lot of alternative sources coming up, electric is making the most impressive show through new tech, air, hydrogen etc... They'll keep it cheap for now and kill off the alternative ideas just like they have in the past.  Big oil is leaving the white house, they lose a huge ally to keep the status quo.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 11:45:40 PM »
Is Obama an oil man?  No, I think they'll stay low now... They keep doing this crap.  right now they have a lot of alternative sources coming up, electric is making the most impressive show through new tech, air, hydrogen etc... They'll keep it cheap for now and kill off the alternative ideas just like they have in the past.  Big oil is leaving the white house, they lose a huge ally to keep the status quo.

:'(  Oh well, ...a girl can dream can't she?  :P

{sigh}  If fuel gets down to 61 cents per US gallon, then I might have a bit of a panic attack.
That's the point where the price of my product exceeds the savings to be had if one only gets the min 7% guaranteed. Thankfully we diversified our product categories and product offerings.

Still it would be nice to ride a rocketship again

I'm gonna miss the good ole days.  :'(

w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 11:53:44 PM »
:'(  Oh well, ...a girl can dream can't she?  :P

{sigh}  If fuel gets down to 61 cents per US gallon, then I might have a bit of a panic attack.
That's the point where the price of my product exceeds the savings to be had if one only gets the min 7% guaranteed. Thankfully we diversified our product categories and product offerings.

Still it would be nice to ride a rocketship again

I'm gonna miss the good ole days.  :'(

I doubt it's going that low again.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 12:04:34 AM »
I doubt it's going that low again.

From Your Lips to God's Ears!  :D

Car drivers are giddy as heck, ...many thinking they don't need to save anymore.   :o
Thankfully the truckers are alot smarter. Many are saying that now's the perfect time to gather some of the savings these lower fuel prices have given them, and invest in even more savings down the road. {phew}
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 12:14:16 AM »

I just realized something. With all these new alternatives coming out,
there will be incentives in place for using cleaner technologies, and carbon taxes on polluters!

WooHoo! The gravy train is back!   ;D
w

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 12:16:07 AM »
Drilling for an antiquated resource that is going to be outdated by the time we can reap the benefits is a simple exercise in pointless and insane futility.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 12:18:21 AM »
that is where they lose the ally in the white house and the price will stay down because of it.  The idea for them will be to price gas where there is no innsentive for the consumer to give a crap.  I don't think it will go real cheap but it will stay around this range imo.  I dunno, I could be wrong, just going by what they've done before.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »
that is where they lose the ally in the white house and the price will stay down because of it.  The idea for them will be to price gas where there is no innsentive for the consumer to give a crap.  I don't think it will go real cheap but it will stay around this range imo.  I dunno, I could be wrong, just going by what they've done before.

Perhaps, ...as far as gas prices go, ...but when consumers are facing $200 - $300 worth of engine work to pass emissions, they start to give a poop or 2. $25  vs $200 to pass emissions? That's pretty powerful incentive to me.

Then too, some states are doing random snap tests, similar to Ontario's RIDE program.
More stringent EPA requirements, and more public awareness without a White House muddying the waters and purposely sowing seeds of doubt regarding climate change.

Universal Healthcare will also be an added incentive to reduce pollution. My sky won't be falling anytime soon!  :D
w