Author Topic: Less People vote in 2008 then in 2004  (Read 1431 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Less People vote in 2008 then in 2004
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 09:56:04 AM »
Repub voting was down 10%...across the board.

This sounds like the most likely cause.  People who would've voted Republican knew they were backing a loser, so why bother.

There were a ton of first-time voters, though. 

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 09:59:10 AM »
There wasn't really any "there" there to get excited about. She was unknown, she hadn't done any interviews, etc. She was fresh face who supporters hoped would have the youthful charisma of Obama. It didn't pan out that way and, in typical conservative fashion, the base blamed her disastrous missteps on the liberal media. In all actuality, they knew what the deal was, though. She was just woefully unqualified. She does not have the brains or the gravity to hold the office of the vp, much less the potus.

I agree with you for the most part. But you said it was more agaisnt Obama rather than genuine excitement for her and I disagree. There was genuine excitement for her until her several missteps and then the excitement died down considerable. I think there is a large number of conservatives that would be willing to give her another look in a few years however to see if she has grown.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 10:00:43 AM »
This sounds like the most likely cause.  People who would've voted Republican knew they were backing a loser, so why bother.

There were a ton of first-time voters, though. 

I posted this already but was ignored>  :'(

Comparing this election to 2004 is sort of a false comparison because the 2004 election rate was so elevated. 20 million more voters voted in 2004 than in 2000. That election was a true nail biter and people felt there was more at stake.

2008 numbers were pretty close to 2004.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »
I didn't "quote it as fact" you dumbass bastard.  I was simply letting you know what GWB said.
S