Author Topic: Texas backup kicked off team for racist comment  (Read 4379 times)

Mobil

• Getbig IV
Re: Texas backup kicked off team for racist comment
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 01:25:13 AM »
No it's not, I personally am not ashamed to be black, and futhermore wouldn't want to be white in any way shape or form, and also don't know any black person that feels differently.

of course everyone takes pride of what color they are... more power to you, but there is differently  a double standard here in the usa towards whites and i hope that changes, but it wont with the liberal media. honestly its ok to make fun of whitey, but if whitey makes any kind of remark towards other races its racist???? so funny.. i hate the band creed but they wrote a song about this called "one"....... .
real men= no rubbers

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 01:31:49 AM »

As a white person you just insulted me!  >:(      Who can I complain to/ sue/ get fired??  >:(

Hey I don't, and for some reason some whites pin it all down to us "wanting to be white" and being "ashamed" of being black something I must always counter as that is not true. I love being me 8)

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 01:32:43 AM »
Hey I don't, and for some reason some whites pin it all down to us "wanting to be white" and being "ashamed" of being black something I must always counter as that is not true. I love being me 8)

have pride in who you are and what you are...... not taking that away from you.  you seem to be educated... im sure u get more blacks that rag on you then anyone for trying to being "uncle tom"... seen it several times with friends of color that have education
real men= no rubbers

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 01:59:30 AM »
have pride in who you are and what you are...... not taking that away from you.  you seem to be educated... im sure u get more blacks that rag on you then anyone for trying to being "uncle tom"... seen it several times with friends of color that have education

No offense and thanks for the compliment but totally wrong. Never had that happen in my life ???

Grief I get, racial slurs etc are from a tiny tiny segment of whites normally online or when traveling. Uncle Tom, which I will call someone if I think is needed, is a whole different ballgame then being educated or successful. Never been called it in my life, as I have never been tomming. Also, in my experience all that is really more an American type thing, doesn't happen so much other places...could be wrong, but that is what my experience shows me.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 03:24:53 AM »
definately not just an American thing...there are countries where American racism would be considered kindergarten talk

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 03:54:06 AM »
No it's not, I personally am not ashamed to be black, and futhermore wouldn't want to be white in any way shape or form, and also don't know any black person that feels differently.

michael jackson ?
175lbs by 31st July

beef-sword

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • TEAM MICRA DRESS STEAMY TURD!
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 05:36:37 AM »
whiney kneegrows!  >:(
HAAHAA

it took me a bit....but i just got this....lol

knee ghairs you nighted...lmao
X

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 05:38:58 AM »
No offense and thanks for the compliment but totally wrong. Never had that happen in my life ???

Grief I get, racial slurs etc are from a tiny tiny segment of whites normally online or when traveling. Uncle Tom, which I will call someone if I think is needed, is a whole different ballgame then being educated or successful. Never been called it in my life, as I have never been tomming. Also, in my experience all that is really more an American type thing, doesn't happen so much other places...could be wrong, but that is what my experience shows me.

isn't uncle tom a racist insult cq?
175lbs by 31st July

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 05:55:22 AM »
isn't uncle tom a racist insult cq?

Depends who from, would need to live it to explain it.

definately not just an American thing...there are countries where American racism would be considered kindergarten talk

Not just, but pretty prevalent there in my experience. I've lived in 8 countries and traveled to dozens and bar none USA was the most I experienced racial issues, like tenfold. Never actually even felt vibes anywhere else personally.

My father says the same and due to his work he's been literally all over the world and would get it more anyway as he is darkskinned + male. The only other place he said he felt some vibes was France, and he got [non threatening just curious] stares in rural arears of Iceland, Norway etc where black folks aren't exactly the norm.

The term Uncle Tom is an Americanism though for sure. It may have spread a bit, but it's an American phrase...same with the shootoffs - Uncle Tomohawk, Uncle Banana etc.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »
Why is that? You make it sound like there is anything wrong with that.
I am not proud to be white (i think its stupid to be proud about your skincolor, like its a huge achievement or something to have a certain skintone), but not ashamed of it either. Having said that, i wouldn't mind it that much to be another race.
$

250goal

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 11:51:34 AM »
That is very much the case.  For a black to call a white guy names it's ok.  For example having a movie "White men can't jump".  How about if a white man made a movie "Black men can't spell" or something along those lines.  It would be racists.

How about having the NAACP.  We have the KKK and we are racists.

How about all black schools.  

How about all black entertainment channels.

Whites are the minority.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »
That is very much the case.  For a black to call a white guy names it's ok.  For example having a movie "White men can't jump".  How about if a white man made a movie "Black men can't spell" or something along those lines.  It would be racists.

How about having the NAACP.  We have the KKK and we are racists.

How about all black schools.  

How about all black entertainment channels.

Whites are the minority.

The KKK is a terrorist group that burned and killed black and prevented them from voting. They wanted to keep them in "their places".  Historically Black colleges and Universities  were because black could not go to school with whites, but also a "package" deal to provide education for blacks. Also One learns different aspects of History (for instance many slaves that were sold in the US were muslims, or that Am slavery was different than Latin American Slavery), and if you are white you can get scholarships. The Valedictorian of Morehouse is white...

Black Channels, well white channels are that , they just don't call it white, they call it, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. Majority of cable and non cable channels are white.

But let me ask you this. If someone came to threaten or kill your family would you shot them if you had the chance (guns in the house)? I would and I bet the majority of people on Getbig would.  That's what should have happened to the KKK, they should have been shot a long time ago.

beef-sword

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 12:06:45 PM »
The KKK is a terrorist group that burned and killed black and prevented them from voting. They wanted to keep them in "their places".  Historically Black colleges and Universities  were because black could not go to school with whites, but also a "package" deal to provide education for blacks. Also One learns different aspects of History (for instance many slaves that were sold in the US were muslims, or that Am slavery was different than Latin American Slavery), and if you are white you can get scholarships. The Valedictorian of Morehouse is white...

Black Channels, well white channels are that , they just don't call it white, they call it, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. Majority of cable and non cable channels are white.

But let me ask you this. If someone came to threaten or kill your family would you shot them if you had the chance (guns in the house)? I would and I bet the majority of people on Getbig would.  That's what should have happened to the KKK, they should have been shot a long time ago.

you are soooo racist!!!

wigger hater!!!!!
X

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 10:10:29 PM »
hey, to be honest I'd rather be black that white. here are the advantages:

A: Physical advantages

1. no need to tan - always "tanned"
2. on average much better muscular genetics that white (especially arms)
3. on average a bigger instrument ;)

B: Socioeconomic advantages:

1. black guy in a white merc looks better than a white guy in a black merc (honestly)
2. from what I see, there are more doors opening to blacks that to whites in civilized world today
3. increasingly more white gals are keen to hook up with successful black dudes (its like a new fad now)
4. beautiful black gals still wanna hook up with successful black dudes:)

the only disadvantage would be that i'd have to pretend i also like rap/hiphop/r&b, which I find totally revolting...but hey, a small price to pay i guess given all the advantages :)

beef-sword

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 12:22:07 AM »

1. black guy in a white merc looks better than a white guy in a black merc (honestly)
2. from what I see, there are more doors opening to blacks that to whites in civilized world today
3. increasingly more white gals are keen to hook up with successful black dudes (its like a new fad now)

the only disadvantage would be that i'd have to pretend i also like rap/hiphop/r&b, which I find totally revolting...but hey, a small price to pay i guess given all the advantages :)

could this be the most ignorantest post on getbig ever?????
X

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 02:05:36 PM »

Or not, nice try though.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »
The question I have about this whole thing is whether the 'Horns would have "made an example" of a starter...it's easy to throw a backup "under the bus" but what if Colt said it?
~

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 01:51:44 AM »
you have freedom of speech, not lack of responsibility for following school rules. If it is a rule in your team not to said N*****, don't post dumb shit on your facebook account.
You can't just make a team rule not to use a word. I'm sure there was no such 'rule'.

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 01:56:15 AM »
The cool side of all this is that soon, us whites can start complaining about the powers that be and shit. Mark my words, this is the worst thing for blacks in the long-run. They've lost their niche as the ex-slaves being discriminated against by 'the man'. Now the mans black and we can start talking shit.

Complex Carbs

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 02:00:30 AM »

Black people don't have to worry about getting a tan.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 02:04:00 AM »

There are many blacks who are ashamed of their race, it's well covered in society.

Where do you think the term "house negro" comes from?

Self-hate within the black community is rampant.

Visit Greenbelt, MD and you'll see what I mean.   ::)

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 05:59:00 AM »
Why is that? You make it sound like there is anything wrong with that.
I am not proud to be white (i think its stupid to be proud about your skincolor, like its a huge achievement or something to have a certain skintone), but not ashamed of it either. Having said that, i wouldn't mind it that much to be another race.

It's merely in reply to dozens of people assuming I "want" to be white, which is indirectly insinuating there is something wrong with being black.

I don't assume whites "want" to be black - so why people assume I want to be god knows, so merely point that fact out. I personally don't get the obsession some have over race anyway, merely mention it when it's brought up.

Black people don't have to worry about getting a tan.

Haha, I do I am really really light skinned, have to tan before shows, pain in the ass >:(

There are many blacks who are ashamed of their race, it's well covered in society.

Where do you think the term "house negro" comes from?

Self-hate within the black community is rampant.

Visit Greenbelt, MD and you'll see what I mean.   ::)

DIV

I believe you are reffering to Americans, I was refering to my culture.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 06:13:48 AM »
CQ,

All bullshit aside. How long do you think people here could live in the carrib. where blacks are the majority and whites would experience racism for the first time? I'm not talking some stupid comment in the grocery store but on a daily basis. I lived there 16 months and a lot of white people just couldn't handle being skipped in line, ignored by Govt employees, accents getting instantly thicker, no one who'll listen to a complaint, customs and duty annoyances, etc...

The people I knew weren't racists, per se. They just had a hard time living in a place where everyone was black.

I had a little 'issue' down there. Can't really go into any detail, LOL! At any rate, it was politely explained that I shouldn't worry about it. The guy said something like 'I know you're from America and don't understand but this is a black country, we'll take care of you'. I didn't understand but he was right and there was no issue went away.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 06:38:12 AM »
CQ,

All bullshit aside. How long do you think people here could live in the carrib. where blacks are the majority and whites would experience racism for the first time? I'm not talking some stupid comment in the grocery store but on a daily basis. I lived there 16 months and a lot of white people just couldn't handle being skipped in line, ignored by Govt employees, accents getting instantly thicker, no one who'll listen to a complaint, customs and duty annoyances, etc...

The people I knew weren't racists, per se. They just had a hard time living in a place where everyone was black.

I had a little 'issue' down there. Can't really go into any detail, LOL! At any rate, it was politely explained that I shouldn't worry about it. The guy said something like 'I know you're from America and don't understand but this is a black country, we'll take care of you'. I didn't understand but he was right and there was no issue went away.

About 50% of our population is imported, so we actually aren't the majority per se, unlike many islands.

The tiny tax haven/offshore banking islands are very different from most Carib.

The free healthcare, free college, childcare etc - is only for locals. We never give citizenship nor the right to vote unless married. Permanent residence is only open to multimillionaries who will not seek work, and even then has restrictions.

All imports can feel like second class citizens regardless of race, and all locals get preferential treatment regardless of race. That is our divide... local vs. non - not race. A black American still will be paying for his health, while a white local will get all expenses paid trip to the US as they have a freakin backache.

Most of them are super cool people and are being paid buckets of tax free money so that tends to make them overlook anything

Plus we only import high level people, degree required, no criminal records - tax lawyers, investment bankers etc. Aspects like racism tend to not be as prevalent amongst those types so it really is not a biggie here. Most of them are really nice, I have many foriegn friends.

The occasional ass has an issue with living in a black governed place but we boot them out and that's the end of that.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 07:27:52 AM »

The occasional ass has an issue with living in a black governed place but we boot them out and that's the end of that.

can you imagine the uproar if whites started kicking blacks out of any country because they have issues staying in a white governed country  ::)

cq sounds like you think racism is fine as long as its black on white. :'(
175lbs by 31st July