Author Topic: Alaska Senator Sarah Palin  (Read 2382 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Alaska Senator Sarah Palin
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:00:02 PM »
It's likely Ted Stevens will win re-election, then be booted.

So, there will be a special election.  Palin may run, and she'll win of course, she is popular there.

Will she make a good senator?  Will it make running for president in 2 years that much easier for her?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
Re: Alaska Senator Sarah Palin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »
It's likely Ted Stevens will win re-election, then be booted.

So, there will be a special election.  Palin may run, and she'll win of course, she is popular there.

Will she make a good senator?  Will it make running for president in 2 years that much easier for her?

Yes, and yes.

She's got the right stuff, she just needs more time and experience playing in the big leagues.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 10:08:34 PM »

We see how well things worked out the last time we elected a President dumber  than the average third grader.

Personally, I can't wait for a president Palin.

I'll be on the first dinosaur to Mars.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
We see how well things worked out the last time we elected a President dumber  than the average third grader.

Hey...  is it wrong to hope for the first-ever PILF?

A guy can dream!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »

man bush was intelligent he just had no shame whatsoever  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:18 PM »
a little off topic but this shows you how stupid Michelle Malkin is.  She was pissed that Ted was winning, wanted him to just go away.  But if I'm getting this right, if he lost, the seat goes to a dem.  If he wins and gets booted, it stays a republican seat.  Michelle Malkin, lets hope she becomes a republican strategist :D

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »
I've been drinking so I'll keep my comment a-political.

She's hot and I would love to see her go as far in DC as she can.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 10:14:55 PM »
I've been drinking so I'll keep my comment a-political.

She's hot and I would love to see her go as far in DC as she can.
what ya drinking?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »
what ya drinking?

I buy these variety packs of beer.. this one is Saranac Vanilla Stout.  Good stuff.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 10:21:50 PM »
I buy these variety packs of beer.. this one is Saranac Vanilla Stout.  Good stuff.
sounds interesting, maybe I'll try it.  Does it have a good kick? ;D

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 10:23:04 PM »
sounds interesting, maybe I'll try it.  Does it have a good kick? ;D

Ha.. good enough I guess.  Better that Guinness Extra Stout, definitely.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 10:34:48 PM »
Ha.. good enough I guess.  Better that Guinness Extra Stout, definitely.
try Ol Rasputin if you get a chance... kick ass beer.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »
try Ol Rasputin if you get a chance... kick ass beer.

What kind is it?  I'll look for it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »

LOL!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 10:47:16 PM »
What kind is it?  I'll look for it.
it's a stout, here's some info:  at 9% it has a big kick so go easy ;D
http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-rasputin.htm

really high marks from beer advocate:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/412/?sort=topr&start=0

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »

Hey...  is it wrong to hope for the first-ever PILF?

A guy can dream!!!

pssst: I think that was Bill Clinton.
There was a reason all those soccer Moms went Clinton in 92,
...and it wasn't just the economy stupid.  ;)
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 10:59:36 AM »
it doesnt become a dem seat now - it'll be a special election seat.

If palin runs, she will win.  only 600k people in the state, and it's the meth/incest capital of America.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2008, 11:03:28 AM »
The landscape is lined up for her to pull it off and she is dumb enough to try it.  She has already stated that she intends to stay in the spotlight and this would be her most likely move.

However, it will do nothing but give us years of watching her make a fool out of herself and only cement the notion that she isn't ready for a POTUS ticket.

Not mention, she will lose her beloved "washington outsider" gimmick.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2008, 11:06:42 AM »
Yes, and yes.

She's got the right stuff, she just needs more time and experience playing in the big leagues.

Aside from being hot what stuff are you talking about? Someone that literally had one semester in college, thinks Africa is a country and can't stop getting knocked up can't possibly be qualified to be president. There has to be some actually qualified right winger out there for you people.

She's a dumbass and it's an embarrassment to the party that they are so wrapped up in right to life that any pro-life candidate will do.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 11:26:56 AM »
she'll win the seat.  because those alaskans that vote are proud that 'our maverick-y girl is going all the way to washington!"

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »
Aside from being hot what stuff are you talking about? Someone that literally had one semester in college, thinks Africa is a country and can't stop getting knocked up can't possibly be qualified to be president. There has to be some actually qualified right winger out there for you people.

She's a dumbass and it's an embarrassment to the party that they are so wrapped up in right to life that any pro-life candidate will do.

Listen, like I said in another thread, I'm not at all saying she's necessarily the best and the brightest but she's certainly not a dumbass and generally speaking I like what she stands for.

It's true, she did have one semester in college...  then another one, and another one, until she got a BS in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho (hi LSD) in 1987. :)

I think her inexperience in the national spotlight has caused her to sometimes become flustered on-camera and say stuff that sounds pretty stupid.  Like none of us has ever had a slip of the tongue in a high-pressure situation.  And of course people are going to be all over that when it happens.

Anyway, like I also said in some other thread somewhere...  I trust her a hell of a lot more than I do Biden.  I think that man has no scruples.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 11:32:38 AM »
Like none of us has ever had a slip of the tongue in a high-pressure situation. 

the job of the president is to be the coolest mother fvvcker on the planet in high-pressure situations.

I wouldn't consider "what newspapers do you read" from a tool like Couric to be "high-pressure".

I would consider "Mr Putin just warmed up missiles in Poland - our bases are on Defcon 2 - what is our move, Ms. palin"? to be high-pressure. 

If she bumbles and freezes when asked what magazines she reads, she'll fall to pieces under real pressure.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 11:36:13 AM »
Listen, like I said in another thread, I'm not at all saying she's necessarily the best and the brightest but she's certainly not a dumbass and generally speaking I like what she stands for.

It's true, she did have one semester in college...  then another one, and another one, until she got a BS in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho (hi LSD) in 1987. :)

I think her inexperience in the national spotlight has caused her to sometimes become flustered on-camera and say stuff that sounds pretty stupid.  Like none of us has ever had a slip of the tongue in a high-pressure situation.  And of course people are going to be all over that when it happens.

Anyway, like I also said in some other thread somewhere...  I trust her a hell of a lot more than I do Biden.  I think that man has no scruples.

What flavor is that Kool-aid, Dan?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »
the job of the president is to be the coolest mother fvvcker on the planet in high-pressure situations.

I wouldn't consider "what newspapers do you read" from a tool like Couric to be "high-pressure".

I would consider "Mr Putin just warmed up missiles in Poland - our bases are on Defcon 2 - what is our move, Ms. palin"? to be high-pressure. 

If she bumbles and freezes when asked what magazines she reads, she'll fall to pieces under real pressure.

Yeah, on the face of it, it's an innocuous question but when that camera is in your face and you're acutely aware that the the entire nation will be watching your every facial expression, listening and scrutinizing your every word, you're thinking about every word that's coming out of your mouth and it's easy to choke in a situation like that if you're inexperienced in that type of setting.

I'm just sayin...  Do I think she was ready to be VP?  Probably not.  But I think she does have the smarts and the right attitude and could be groomed for the job with a few more years of experience under her belt.  Maybe if she does get elected to the Senate, she'll get some more experience and have the poise and polish that we expect from our leaders in this style-over-substance era.  Although the flipside of that is, as Lurker mentioned--she'll lose the "Washington outsider" image that was one of her selling points this year.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 12:08:10 PM »
If Mrs. Palin goes to Washington it's going to be  toss up between her and Westmorland for the dumbest person in Congress

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/180282/september-05-2008/better-know-a-district---lynn-westmoreland-update