Author Topic: Nothing Like Getting Off On The Right Foot  (Read 2074 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Nothing Like Getting Off On The Right Foot
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 10:48:33 AM »
They are always the victims these rightwingers.  The only things keeping them down are a liberal media, liberal academia, and the toothless yet Machiavellian Democrats.

Oh the victimization of these right wing heroes.  Reality conspires against them.

Reality has a well known liberal bias

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 10:57:57 AM »
C'mon, Decker.  Over the years, you know the democrats have played the victim card 100x more than the republicans.  They wrote the book on it.

I expect some of the right wing to be oversensitive for awhile,  but they'll get over it. 

I don't put too much stock in Obama's joke, one because it wasn't that bad, and, two, because I'm positive this is the just the first of many gaffes this man will make when speaking off the cuff.
Obama's joke wasn't funny.  It wasn't offensive either.

It's not the left that pushes the liberal media, liberal academia, liberal hollywood and the complicit congressional democrats as insurmountable enemies with their foot on the throat of conservative america.

How can you deny that?  Demonization and victimization are tools of the rightwing elitests to fool middle america into some 'us v them' mindset which is fracturing this country.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »
::)

Obama Takes Swipe at Nancy Reagan

Friday, November 7, 2008 3:49 PM

By: Phil Brennan and Kenneth D. Williams  Article Font Size   

President-elect Barack Obama asked Americans at his first news conference to end partisan bickering and "politics," but he used his forum to take a swipe at former First Lady Nancy Reagan.

The not-so-kind comment was made after Obama was asked how he was preparing for the job of president.

"Have you spoken to any living ex-presidents," one reporter asked. "I was wondering what books you might be reading, everyone wants to know what kind of dog are you going to buy for your girls, and have you decided on a private or public school for your daughters?”

Obama responded: “Hey, I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any séances . . . "

The remark garnered a laugh from the press, though the statement was not true.

In fact, it was First Lady Hillary Clinton who admitted to having at least one séance in the White House residence in which she and a small circle of friends summoned the spirit of Eleanor Roosevelt.

Nancy Reagan had consulted an astrologer during her White House years. Mrs. Reagan said she did so after her husband was shot almost fatally in 1981. She said she feared for his life and thought the astrological information might help protect him.

Mrs. Reagan has not responded to Obama's swipe. The former first lady was hospitalized last month after sustaining a fractured pelvis.

Late Friday, news reports indicated that Obama had called Mrs. Reagan to apologize for his remarks about her.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

grasping at straws Rush Coach ?  ::)

NT

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 01:46:25 PM »
mccain can't tell sunni from shiite - but Obama said 57 states!

4200 dead soldiers.... but Obama teased reagan!

Grow a sac, repubs.  In this race, obama was seen as the tougher man, let's be honest.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 02:05:02 PM »
Who gives a shit? FREE SPEACH he can say whatever he wants.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 06:19:11 AM »
Reality has a well known liberal bias

Well-known to who? You?

The truth, and this has been studied and SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, is that the American media are VERY, VERY government-friendly (aka propagandists,) be it republicans or democrats.

And this is a FACT, not something you just heard in Rush "Jacinta, go score me some Oxycontin please" Limbaugh.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 10:03:50 AM »
Well-known to who? You?

The truth, and this has been studied and SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN, is that the American media are VERY, VERY government-friendly (aka propagandists,) be it republicans or democrats.

And this is a FACT, not something you just heard in Rush "Jacinta, go score me some Oxycontin please" Limbaugh.

It's a joke (which I stole from Steven Colbert)

JasonBourne22

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »
Who gives a shit? FREE SPEACH he can say whatever he wants.
Yeah, but I doubt many people know that in congress on wednesday democratic reps and senators were talking about agreeing with president-elect obama that maybe the first amendment should be ratified.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 12:25:23 PM »
Yeah, but I doubt many people know that in congress on wednesday democratic reps and senators were talking about agreeing with president-elect obama that maybe the first amendment should be ratified.

Oh shit--I hope this is just a vicious unfounded rumor because that is the ONE thing about Obama that thus far has concerned me most--it was apparent during his campaign, for instance, that he was very intolerant of criticism and wanted to keep tight control over what could and could not be said about him and his family, etc.

I actually expect this to the the first micro-managing Presidential administration within recent memory, at least as far as it is within his power to do so.  That's what scares me the most about B.O. so far.

JasonBourne22

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
Well Ron Paul was talking about on the alex jones show and mentioned it a few times during his short-lived campaign. Also, on cspan the day after election they held a huge conference in washington with many reps and senators and the topic came up.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »
Oh shit--I hope this is just a vicious unfounded rumor because that is the ONE thing about Obama that thus far has concerned me most--it was apparent during his campaign, for instance, that he was very intolerant of criticism and wanted to keep tight control over what could and could not be said about him and his family, etc.

I actually expect this to the the first micro-managing Presidential administration within recent memory, at least as far as it is within his power to do so.  That's what scares me the most about B.O. so far.

Of course it's an unfounded rumor.  He didn't seem that defensive about what was said about his family outside of the fact that he  ran a pretty clean campaign. Even when then Sarah Palin's family life came under scrutiny, he defended  her and noted that he believed stuff like that should be off limits in political campaigns.

As for "the first micro-managing administration in recent memory"? You're kidding right? Once again, you conservatives are suffering a case of specialized amnesia. The Bush presidency  served as the least transparent administration possibly in  history.

The Coach

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »
mccain can't tell sunni from shiite - but Obama said 57 states!

4200 dead soldiers.... but Obama teased reagan!

Grow a sac, repubs.  In this race, obama was seen as the tougher man, let's be honest.

All in the name of oil right Rob ::)?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »

in the name of Bush Rush Coach.

NT

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2008, 05:22:10 PM »

That, and the 5 trillion borrowed from China under our names and given to saudi oil lords, and big US war machine businesses.

Do you know that the MIC is, joe?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2008, 10:20:23 PM »
Do you know that the MIC is, joe?

Oooooohhhh, tell me! Tell me! What is it?
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 10:21:06 PM »
Coach,

I love you.
G