Author Topic: 64% of GOP want Palin for their 2012 nominee  (Read 2214 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Re: 64% of GOP want Palin for their 2012 nominee
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »
I think you're right about the wild card.  Huckleberry Hound would have been a much better choice than Palin for a VP.  He would have still appealed to the evangelical base and he's a smart, affable guy and he would have been much more appealing to the party in a broader sense.  I think McCain really wanted a weak VP and just had no clue how weak Palin really was.

If Palin can actually raise the $$$ and run in 2012 she'll be crucified in the first debate and secure her place as national laughing stock yet again.

I agree 100% on your assessment of Huckabee.  I think Huckabee should run for the Senate, get some more exposure and experience and return in 2008.  He is more conservative than McCain from what I have seen, is not a stupid man and appeals to the Christians in the Republican party.  McCain got the nod because of experience and not being a Mormon.  Huck's only problem is that he came off a bit weak IMO.  He can turn that around and win at least the nomination.  If Obama falters like I think he will, a renewed Huckabee could take it.  Shit, he has Chuck Norris' approval...what more do you need?

Palin should really get more governmental experience after this election.  She's not a bad politician but she came off too common, which to the common voters was bad thing.  I don't necessarily agree but it's all about perception, but with more time she could be the first woman president.  This election reminds me so much of what I learned about the 1960 election, the Carter administration, and Hitler's rise to power.  Cool, weird, and sad all wrapped into one.
Squishy face retard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2008, 12:52:14 PM »
I agree 100% on your assessment of Huckabee.  I think Huckabee should run for the Senate, get some more exposure and experience and return in 2008.  He is more conservative than McCain from what I have seen, is not a stupid man and appeals to the Christians in the Republican party.  McCain got the nod because of experience and not being a Mormon.  Huck's only problem is that he came off a bit weak IMO.  He can turn that around and win at least the nomination.  If Obama falters like I think he will, a renewed Huckabee could take it.  Shit, he has Chuck Norris' approval...what more do you need?

Palin should really get more governmental experience after this election.  She's not a bad politician but she came off too common, which to the common voters was bad thing.  I don't necessarily agree but it's all about perception, but with more time she could be the first woman president.  This election reminds me so much of what I learned about the 1960 election, the Carter administration, and Hitler's rise to power.  Cool, weird, and sad all wrapped into one.

I can't see Huck as POTUS (for some of the reasons you mentioned) but I can see him as a very viable Repub candidate for VP with crossover appeal to many segments of both parties.  I find myself liking the guy even though there's almost nothing he stands for that I agree with.   

I think Palin (to her detriment) is an open book and that book is a coloring book.  She has no place in any role of national leadership (IMO).   He only major accomplishment as a governor was to raise taxes on oil companies and pass out the $$$ to the citiznes of Alaska.   I'm pretty sure any governor that can do that will have a high approval rating.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 01:16:28 PM »

If Palin can actually raise the $$$ and run in 2012 she'll be crucified in the first debate and secure her place as national laughing stock yet again.

She's a moron and she won't be any smarter by 2012, but  she actually did okay in the debates. Where she fucked up in her interviews is when she was asked to elaborate on the typical political bs . She can dish out one small serving just fine, but she really fucks up on the details.

It's funny, the same people who  bash Obama as being vague and having no substance think Palin is presidential material who just needs to brush up on geography for the next election.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 01:23:44 PM »

.  This election reminds me so much of what I learned about the 1960 election, the Carter administration, and Hitler's rise to power.  Cool, weird, and sad all wrapped into one.

If this election could be compared to any previous election, it would be the 1980 election
The Hitler comparisons are essentially just typical internet rhetoric that both sides engage in every election cycle. No one ever accused Godwin's law of being false.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2008, 01:43:36 PM »
She's a moron and she won't be any smarter by 2012, but  she actually did okay in the debates. Where she fucked up in her interviews is when she was asked to elaborate on the typical political bs . She can dish out one small serving just fine, but she really fucks up on the details.

It's funny, the same people who  bash Obama as being vague and having no substance think Palin is presidential material who just needs to brush up on geography for the next election.

yeah that is pretty ironic

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2008, 01:51:33 PM »
If this election could be compared to any previous election, it would be the 1980 election
The Hitler comparisons are essentially just typical internet rhetoric that both sides engage in every election cycle. No one ever accused Godwin's law of being false.
1960 and 1976 actually, thanks for helping me think a bit more

1960 and now
Young Kennedy, Young Obama
Old looking Nixon, Old McCain
Young inspired by Kennedy, Young inspired by Obama

1976 and now
People tired of Repubs (Nixon, Ford), People tired of Repubs (Bush)

Hitler and Obama
Both came to power with their oratory skills, when their countries were under economic stress, and both were inexperienced
Squishy face retard

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »

1960 and now

1976 and now

Hitler and Obama
Both came to power with their oratory skills, when their countries were under economic stress, and both were inexperienced

you can't be serious

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »
you can't be serious

I didn't say there would be mass genocide, I'm just talking about rise to power.
Squishy face retard

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2008, 02:29:50 PM »

1960 and now

1976 and now

Hitler and Obama

These comparisons are about as vague and superficial as you can get. You could just as easily (and, perhaps, more appropriately) compare Obama to MLK. Or even Clinton. Or even Abraham Lincoln  With examples that shallow, there's no limit to the comparisons you could make.

You could possibly make an argument that Obama and Kennedy had a similar effect on their young constituents, but the recent election was nothing like the Kennedy/Nixon race.

The Carter race was also very different. Ford was never elected and was not considered a Republican superstar. He actually had to campaign against Ronald Reagan to receive the republican nomination. Reagan had already established such a strong base of support that some might say it foreshadowed  the  PUMA  rift of this year's democratic party.  Despite all this, by the election, Ford managed to come neck-to-neck with Carter on election day. Some people believe that he would have won if the election had lasted two more weeks.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2008, 02:39:04 PM »
Ron Paul needs to step up 2012...big time...
I hate the State.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2008, 03:55:51 PM »
I think you're right about the wild card.  Huckleberry Hound would have been a much better choice than Palin for a VP.  He would have still appealed to the evangelical base and he's a smart, affable guy and he would have been much more appealing to the party in a broader sense.  I think McCain really wanted a weak VP and just had no clue how weak Palin really was.

I could not agree more.