Author Topic: LIV 52  (Read 1292 times)

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
LIV 52
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:29:13 AM »
If one is taking liver toxic orals, does taking LIV 52 at the same time offset some of the negative effects?  Or, should you just wait until the end of the cycle?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: LIV 52
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 06:45:26 AM »
If one is taking liver toxic orals, does taking LIV 52 at the same time offset some of the negative effects?  Or, should you just wait until the end of the cycle?

run it at the end of the oral cycle, like a liver "pct"....

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 09:49:12 AM »
I know that's how people typically run it, but would it be beneficial during cycle as well?

dustin

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 10:36:40 AM »
I take it during cycle as well. Liver values among many other things raise while on cycle or even while off cycle. I took a break from training for a week and got blood work and the difference was like night and day.

Liv52 doesn't have useless milk thistle which apparently raises SHBG and makes orals absorb less efficiently. Just going off bro science. Read a few studies and that was enough to stop me from using it. Milk thistle is shit. Liv52 or "LiverCare" up in Canada is THE shit. 8)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 06:38:16 PM »
Liv52 doesn't have useless milk thistle which apparently raises SHBG and makes orals absorb less efficiently. Just going off bro science. Read a few studies and that was enough to stop me from using it. Milk thistle is shit. Liv52 or "LiverCare" up in Canada is THE shit. 8)

It blocked AR or reduced AR number (forget which) in the prostate. Doubt it reduces the effectiveness of a cycle any.

If one is taking liver toxic orals, does taking LIV 52 at the same time offset some of the negative effects? 

Theoretically it might. Some research says it has anticholestatic properties and cholestasis is what could lead to liver damage when on oral steroids. I'm sure it wont hurt to add a few hundred mg of Milk Thistle to the regimen.

To me ursodesoxycholic acid (or the TUDCA that Thermolife sells) looks like the best liver protective supplement. Some phospholipid supplements could be a good idea as well.

Glutathione boosters, like NAC and R-ALA wouldn't hurt either. I saw one abstract that said Anadrol depleted hepatic glutathione.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »
i wouldn't waste my money on that, just buy more gear or save your money, your liver will recover.
TEAM Nasser

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 09:53:44 PM »
i wouldn't waste my money on that, just buy more gear or save your money, your liver will recover.

its good to take care of your liver after a cycle...especially if your using abombs or dbol

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »
Great advice.  Nobody needs a liver,right?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 09:56:51 AM »
Great advice.  Nobody needs a liver,right?

x2
TEAM Nasser