Author Topic: republicans,... you can have him.  (Read 719 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
republicans,... you can have him.
« on: November 08, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »
 ;D

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: republicans,... you can have him.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
 ;D

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 05:50:03 AM »
What a friggin disgrace to humanity that Lieberman is!

What a fucking disgrace!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »
I guess he was the odd man out at Yale :-\

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:59:36 AM »
I think Joe the Plumber makes a lot of good points. No, he may not get them across as eloquently as someone else might, but that doesn't give them any less validation.

Here's how I see it. Most people want to vote for a candidate they can relate to on some level...I can't say I blame them, it only makes sense. More often than not, candidates will use every day people to help show some tie to the public to earn more votes. Here's where Joe fell short when it came to this:

There are millions of self-employed individuals in the U.S., there are many more who have legitimate aspirations to be self-employed and run and own their own small business. Now it was these people that could relate to Joe and McCain was going to get there votes any way. The rest, which make up the majority of the U.S. are not self-employed, they will never own their own small business and therefore cannot relate to the types of things Joe was saying, no matter how true they might be.

One of Joe's biggest qualms, the main one we heard about was "Distribution of Wealth." Obviously for this to happen, taxes must go up and although Obama swears that they will not go up for the middle class, he has called for tax increases on small business owners, for some reason small business owners or the self-employed are automatically equated with being rich. 

Now, for those that do not know because they are not self-employed, if you are self-employed you pay more taxes...there is actually something called the "self-employment penalty." If you work for an employer you part of your taxed income is automatically 7.5% while your employer matches the other 7.5%. If you are self-employed you pay the entire 15%. Then the rest of your taxes owed as far as total percentage fall under the bracket of how much income you actually bring in. If you are self-employed and make one dollar over the poverty line you automatically fall under one of the highest percentage brackets there is, even though you are obviously not a rich man. Someone working for a company, not self-employed making 4x the amount you do, falls into the same bracket.

Now, what is part of Obama's plan? He is going to raise the amount of taxes small business and self-employed people such as myself have to pay. As a self-employed individual, who is by no means a rich man, how can I like or support this when it will make things even harder for me? Obama's main point to everything is relief for middle America. I'm middle America and the plan he has laid out could very well destroy my pocket book. Taxes are already a major pain in the butt for me and something that is very hard and difficult. And now it has the chance of getting even worse.

beef-sword

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • TEAM MICRA DRESS STEAMY TURD!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 01:05:07 AM »
boohoo

america has decided......
X

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 01:19:42 AM »
boohoo

america has decided......

Not asking for sympathy. Just stating what is.

Let's say at the end of the year a small business owner after paying his employees and all the cost is left with $50,000 profit that will be taxed. His tax rate is going to slightly over 30% costing him $15,000 in taxes leaving him with $35,000 of income for him and his family. Not a lot of money for any family...yes, slightly above the poverty line, but that's not saying much. Now he is possibly subject to an even higher tax rate on the money his business makes, so he will profit less then the $50,000 he made last year therefore taking the income he brings home down even lower.

Take another man who works directly for an employer who makes $50,000 a year. He is going to get a tax cut, he will bring home more income.

What happens to the small business owner? He goes out of business, his employees lose their jobs. He has to get a job working for someone else because he cannot feasibly stay where he is at.

My point, this creates a vicious circle of job loss...if small business men go out of business because they cannot afford the taxes, then employees lose their jobs and the tax cut they got makes absolutely no difference.

Last note, someone on here will no doubt say that there is no small business man in the U.S. only bringing home $50,000 a year before taxes. Actually, there are more small business men who fall into the $50,000-$100,000 per year category then not...you're reading a post by one of them right now.

beef-sword

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • TEAM MICRA DRESS STEAMY TURD!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 01:33:56 AM »
Arnold....i agree with you 100% my man....

but you need a creative accountant.... :P
X

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 03:32:49 PM »
Arnold....i agree with you 100% my man....

but you need a creative accountant.... :P

Everything I do money wise comes from my training company and my website stuff and free lance article writing. It's very difficult to get a lot of write-offs with this kind of stuff. That's why I am in the process of incorporating myself. Should help a little bit.