Author Topic: about to have raw eggs? safe or no? please help...  (Read 3838 times)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
Re: about to have raw eggs? safe or no? please help...
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »
free range eggs have the best chance of not being contaminated.

Alex23

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »
It's pretty obvious that for NW, "RawEgg" is code for straight from the tap...

dustin

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 06:32:01 PM »
Bunch of bullshit. As long as you don't slather the egg in the outer portion of the shell you're fine. Been doing it for years. I always toss an egg or two in my shakes whenever I'm blending them up because it makes them thick. I know that COOKED eggs are a lot better, but I don't care if I don't absorb a couple grams of protein. Nor am I worried about salmonella. We don't live in a third world country.

Just don't let the egg touch the outer portion of the shell excessively and don't sweat it. I don't go haywire thinking raw eggs are going to make me look like Stallone in the Rocky movies, but they taste great in shakes. You could alternatively get Lana's Egg Whites and just do it that way too. Eggs are so fucking cheap that you might as well toss a couple in a shake if you're going through the trouble of blending one up. I also add ice cubes too.

My younger brother always joking tells me that sometimes you've just gotta man up and lick your fingers now and again. You try living in a sterile world and obsessing over small shit like raw eggs and you'll end up getting sick one way or another. Eggs = cheap. Just eat them. If you get sick you've probably got a really shitty immune system to begin with. Maybe it'll do your body a little bit of good to expose foreign bacteria.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »
Bunch of bullshit. As long as you don't slather the egg in the outer portion of the shell you're fine. Been doing it for years. I always toss an egg or two in my shakes whenever I'm blending them up because it makes them thick. I know that COOKED eggs are a lot better, but I don't care if I don't absorb a couple grams of protein. Nor am I worried about salmonella. We don't live in a third world country.

Just don't let the egg touch the outer portion of the shell excessively and don't sweat it. I don't go haywire thinking raw eggs are going to make me look like Stallone in the Rocky movies, but they taste great in shakes. You could alternatively get Lana's Egg Whites and just do it that way too. Eggs are so fucking cheap that you might as well toss a couple in a shake if you're going through the trouble of blending one up. I also add ice cubes too.

My younger brother always joking tells me that sometimes you've just gotta man up and lick your fingers now and again. You try living in a sterile world and obsessing over small shit like raw eggs and you'll end up getting sick one way or another. Eggs = cheap. Just eat them. If you get sick you've probably got a really shitty immune system to begin with. Maybe it'll do your body a little bit of good to expose foreign bacteria.

Word.

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 05:41:30 AM »
I've had 3-4 raw eggs EVERY MORNING for the last 16 years and have never been sick!  Drink up my friend, no better bodybuilding food then whole eggs. 
*rule of thumb, your eggs should have no smell to them. If there is an oder, throw em out they're probably no good.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 07:03:45 AM »
im thinking of cracking 3 raw eggs and a cup of egg whites w/ some oats and berries into my blender and having my last meal as a shake...do any of yall eat raw eggs? is it safe?

come on man, avoid the headaches, use this site. it's BOB CHICK APPROVED :)

http://www.eggwhites-international.com/