Author Topic: Pepsi To Distribute Muscle Milk  (Read 3023 times)

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
Pepsi To Distribute Muscle Milk
« on: November 09, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »
Not sure if you guys saw this but Pepsi has signed an agreement with CytoSport to distribute Muscle Milk! Under the terms of the agreement, Pepsi will have a license to distribute the ready-to-drink line of Muscle Milk and Muscle Milk Light in its territories in the U.S. and Canada.

http://www.supplementgenius.com/2008/11/09/pepsi-to-distribute-muscle-milk/

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: Pepsi To Distribute Muscle Milk
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:14:34 AM »
Why is Muscle Milk so GODDAMN expendsive?!?  >:(

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:38:07 AM »
Why is Muscle Milk so GODDAMN expendsive?!?  >:(

because they put crack in it.
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
because they put crack in it.

Actually, the reason crack is so expensive is that it contains Muscle Milk.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 10:45:28 AM »
Musclemilk is way hi in fat content. And now with pepsi some high fructose corn syrup ...oh joy!

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 10:47:47 AM »
Eat a couple extra chicken breasts instead of ingesting all the garbage that Muscle Milk contains.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 10:51:59 AM »
Eat a couple extra chicken breasts instead of ingesting all the garbage that Muscle Milk contains.

Hard to pack a couple of chicken breasts with you as you dash out to the car, late for work,.....

body88

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 11:29:59 AM »
Musclemilk is way hi in fat content. And now with pepsi some high fructose corn syrup ...oh joy!

Do you understand how distribution works?  There is no change to the beverage or to cytosport as a company (aside from having their product carried by new retail locations around the world, and more advertising dollars). 

Supplements have gone mainstream, because thats where the real money is.  The average fatass trying to get in shape has for more spending power than the bodybuilding community.  Hard core bodybuilders and their fans have small money compared to mainstream America.  Look at the Olympia prize money....it's a joke.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 11:43:47 AM »
Do you understand how distribution works?  There is no change to the beverage or cytosport as a company (aside from having their product carried by new retail locations around the world, and more advertising dollars). 

Supplements have gone mainstream, because thats where the real money is.  The average fatass trying to get in shape has for more spending power than the bodybuilding community.  Hard core bodybuilders and there fans have small money compared to mainstream America.
totally agree, look at bill philips he knew that the hard core lifters are only 1% of the revenue then found out that the average joe who is not in hardcore lifting there is millions upon milions of those guys who are willing to buy supplements to help them advertise to average joes not hardcore lifters.

body88

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 11:55:48 AM »
totally agree, look at bill philips he knew that the hard core lifters are only 1% of the revenue then found out that the average joe who is not in hardcore lifting there is millions upon milions of those guys who are willing to buy supplements to help them advertise to average joes not hardcore lifters.

The main focus of these companies should be Gen Y.  Gen Y is currently on pace to be the most powerful spending force on the planet, and in a recession they are less likely to hold on to their money and sacrifice "luxuries" such as products that enhance their physical appearance. Young people are at a time in their life when nothing is more important than appealing to the opposite sex, unlike older folks who see physical appearance as less of a priority.

As a whole suppliment sales are down, but with the 18-34 demo they are holding strong.

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 12:39:21 PM »
Do you understand how distribution works?  There is no change to the beverage or cytosport as a company (aside from having their product carried by new retail locations around the world, and more advertising dollars). 

Supplements have gone mainstream, because thats where the real money is.  The average fatass trying to get in shape has for more spending power than the bodybuilding community.  Hard core bodybuilders and their fans have small money compared to mainstream America.  Look at the Olympia prize money....it's a joke.

Very well put, I couldn't agree more. Let's hope this paves the way for more and more sports supplements to be able to be bought in convenient locations like variety stores, gat stations etc. I'm so sick of gas stations only carrying pop, water, beer, energy drinks, chips and candy bars!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »
this is good news.  :)   

body88

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »
Very well put, I couldn't agree more. Let's hope this paves the way for more and more sports supplements to be able to be bought in convenient locations like variety stores, gat stations etc. I'm so sick of gas stations only carrying pop, water, beer, energy drinks, chips and candy bars!

VPX and TWINLAB are doing a lot of mainstream stuff right now.  Keep an eye on TWINLAB over the next two years.  Teazen is the start or many major things to come.  I know that VPX just got into 7/11 nationally, and TWINLAB is expanding in Walmart right now.

Further more, Pepsi has the power to bully any national retail chain into carrying their new products.  Pepsi offers big money to support their products, which helps get more product out the door.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »
it's good to see creatine and whey on the shelves at every grocery store now.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 03:34:38 PM »

The distribution deal starts around the middle of January.   It does not affect speciality distributors, but will affect mass and c-store type distributors, as Pepsi takes over. 

Besides Muscle Milk, there will be other drinks too from CytoSport available, aka Fast Twitch, CytoSport Performance, and a few news ones too.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
Musclemilk sold at gas station is pretty expensive, but tastes great.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 04:53:18 PM »
Change the name.  Who wants to be seen walking around with their "musclemilk."  ::)

body88

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 05:19:53 PM »
Change the name.  Who wants to be seen walking around with their "musclemilk."  ::)

Actually, that spoof that was done about them spiked their sales.  The spoof was more about the lifestyle lived by Guido's, than the bad quality of musclemilk.  I think musclemilk is a catchy and unique name.  Again, "Joe average" the 18 year old football player has no clue whats good and whats not.  Thats why supplement companies who spend coin on print are wasting money.  Print in the supplement world is the most oversaturated advertising medium in history.  Viral video,radio, tv and results based (grass-roots) promotions are best.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »
Change the name.  Who wants to be seen walking around with their "musclemilk."

Sure, lets do that. Since this brand was built from 0 to $100 million plus in a few years, that is such a good idea! Wow!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 06:03:36 PM »
Actually, that spoof that was done about them spiked their sales.  The spoof was more about the lifestyle lived by Guido's, than the bad quality of musclemilk.  I think musclemilk is a catchy and unique name.  Again, "Joe average" the 18 year old football player has no clue whats good and whats not.  Thats why supplement companies who spend coin on print are wasting money.  Print in the supplement world is the most oversaturated advertising medium in history.  Viral video,radio, tv and results based (grass-roots) promotions are best.

Afraid I don't know what spoof you mean 88.  Not that "my new haircut" one was it?

"Musclemilk" just sounds like something for big mofos, and I ain't.  I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I'd feel like a 185lb asshole drinking "Musclemilk" with a pic of some huge ripped dude on the carton, flexing my massive 16" gunz with each swig.  :D 

That's just me tho.  Agree it's a memorable name and makes clear the purpose of the product.

Sure, lets do that. Since this brand was built from 0 to $100 million plus in a few years, that is such a good idea! Wow!

Ouch!  The smackdown!  ;D

For me it's like wearing a Tapout shirt.  I'd feel embarrassed unless I was a shit hot fighter.  Obviously, other people don't feel the same though since Tapout too has made a shitload of $.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »
"Musclemilk" just sounds like something for big mofos, and I ain't.  I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I'd feel like a 185lb asshole drinking "Musclemilk" with a pic of some huge ripped dude on the carton

Pepsi is going to be distributing the 14oz bottles, which have no bb on them, but are made for the mainstream.  The gyms and health foods stores usually distribture the 17oz carton with the caps on them, the ones that made the product very popular.

Pepsi is not distributing the powders and its variations.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 02:30:17 AM »
what pepsi exec came up w/this one?  unemployment line and food stamps when it bombs.
Oh...Monica!

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 04:12:58 AM »

Pepsi Milk?

Just a thought.  ;D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »
Pepsi Milk?

Just a thought.  ;D

Muscle Pepsi

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHH  !!!

HBeef