Author Topic: Do you agree w/this? Bobby in 2016  (Read 5166 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Do you agree w/this? Bobby in 2016
« on: November 09, 2008, 12:10:04 PM »
Do you agree w/this?  Bobby in 2016.  GOP cant be real to let this guy lose to Obama in 2012 in which the bad taste of Bush will still be around when he is a shoe-in after his 2nd term in LA.

Quiz:

Which young, thin, non-white, Ivy League-educated politician who has a foreign-sounding name and prominent ears is changing the face of politics as we know it?

Oh … and whose name is not Barack Obama?

Whuh?

That’s right, the president-elect may hold a monopoly on current buzz, but some in the GOP are looking to their own whiz kid to lead them out of the proverbial wilderness the Democrats have just left behind.

His name is Bobby Jindal, and he’s the 37-year-old Indian American governor of Louisiana.

Right now, for most people, handicapping 2012 probably feels like re-watching the previews right after sitting through a 7-hour movie. Yet some Republicans looking to resurrect their party from the ashes of Tuesday’s electoral conflagaration are already turning to the conservative Jindal, at least at the search box.

Jindal’s name has surged 350% in searches this week, tied with Mitt Romney and second only to Sarah Palin in 2012-related political queries. Buzz patrons are also reading up on the rising star in a bevy of speculative articles about the future of the GOP.

Jindal has consistently stated he's focused only on winning the 2011 re-election in Louisiana. But UPI is already calling the governor and his family “the other Obamas.”

Presumptuous, perhaps. But in 2004, who'd have thought that a first-term African American senator with a last name that rhymed with the country's enemy number one and a middle name that matched enemy number two's would be our next president?

Stay tuned.

Oh...Monica!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 240?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
Jindal is brilliant guy.

But he's more religious-right than Palin was.  Turns off a lot of people.

The Coach

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 01:20:04 PM »
Appearantly you forgot what this was founded on.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 01:24:07 PM »
lol, the next time we see a WHITE american president might be 2024 :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »

Religion is fine, Coach.  I went to 12 years of Catholic school myself.

However, there is separation of church/state for great reason.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 01:28:46 PM »
Religion is fine, Coach.  I went to 12 years of Catholic school myself.

However, there is separation of church/state for great reason.

It's been my experience that Catholic school attendees have nothing to do with religion or the Catholic church.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »
It's been my experience that Catholic school attendees have nothing to do with religion or the Catholic church.

Not always but pretty damn close.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 03:32:43 PM »

oh no please tell me your not saying our country was founded on religion.
DAWG

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Do you agree w/this? Bobby in 2016
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
This country was founded by rich white guys who were sick of being taxed by the King of England

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
If Jindal is the nominee in 2012 the racists will not know where to turn. Ralph Nader will finally get some votes :D

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 04:38:51 PM »
See palin get crushed in 2012 to pave the way for a 2016 Jinal run. 

Jindal is the perfect example of what is great about this country. Hard working immigrants living the dream and raising productive hard working children that contribute greatly to the USA. Makes you realized how spoiled and lazy we have become.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »

The king of England was also the head of the Church of England.  Bishops had great political power, and had a history of abusing it, just as did the aristocracy.  The founders wanted to put an end to that.

"The primary leaders [George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, James Madison, and James Monroe] of the so-called founding fathers of our nation were not Bible-believing Christians; they were deists. Deism was a philosophical belief that was widely accepted by the colonial intelligentsia at the time of the American Revolution. Its major tenets included belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems and belief in a supreme deity who created the universe to operate solely by natural laws. The supreme God of the Deists removed himself entirely from the universe after creating it. They believed that he assumed no control over it, exerted no influence on natural phenomena, and gave no supernatural revelation to man. A necessary consequence of these beliefs was a rejection of many doctrines central to the Christian religion. Deists did not believe in the virgin birth, divinity, or resurrection of Jesus, the efficacy of prayer, the miracles of the Bible, or even the divine inspiration of the Bible. "

Buffgeek

• Getbig III
  • I love white women!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 06:06:44 PM »
The king of England was also the head of the Church of England.  Bishops had great political power, and had a history of abusing it, just as did the aristocracy.  The founders wanted to put an end to that.

"The primary leaders [George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Ethan Allen, James Madison, and James Monroe] of the so-called founding fathers of our nation were not Bible-believing Christians; they were deists. Deism was a philosophical belief that was widely accepted by the colonial intelligentsia at the time of the American Revolution. Its major tenets included belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems and belief in a supreme deity who created the universe to operate solely by natural laws. The supreme God of the Deists removed himself entirely from the universe after creating it. They believed that he assumed no control over it, exerted no influence on natural phenomena, and gave no supernatural revelation to man. A necessary consequence of these beliefs was a rejection of many doctrines central to the Christian religion. Deists did not believe in the virgin birth, divinity, or resurrection of Jesus, the efficacy of prayer, the miracles of the Bible, or even the divine inspiration of the Bible. "

While the definition of Deism is correct it is widely disputed if many of the founding fathers were in fact true deists. Washington himself never described himself as such and during his presidency attended Angilican Church. The only two founding fathers that most consider deiests really are Franking and Jefferson.  no dout the Deist movement played a role as well in the shaping of our country most notably in the first amendment.

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

comparing "Jindal" to Obama is idiotic....

Blacks have paid their dues and have been part of the American culture and have been 200+ years. 

Indians barely showed up 25 years ago inside 7-Elevens.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 06:13:45 PM »
DAWG

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »
Joe, when you say:

I didn't have the right answer.  Tim, however, did:

He essentially destroyed your point.  Our country was founded on a strong separation of church and state.

Your response?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »
Red Flags:

He opposes embryonic stem cell research

voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent

voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act

supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning (no i'm not for flag burning)

voted for the Real ID Act of 2005

sponsored the Deep Ocean Energy Resources Act (H.R. 4761)
The nonpartisan League of Conservation Voters also censured Jindal for securing passage of H.R. 4761 in the House of Representatives; the group rated his environmental performance that year at seven percent, citing anti-environment votes on 11 out of 12 critical issues.

supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools

#1 Red Flag: Rush likes him!!!!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 06:24:48 PM »

this is the only part I don't quite agree with

I think "God" or the ultimate non-temporal ground of being pours reality into existence through itself and is constantly present

it can be no other way

separation is the first mistake

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 06:28:26 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

comparing "Jindal" to Obama is idiotic....

Blacks have paid their dues and have been part of the American culture and have been 200+ years. 

I hate it when you're right, Alex. :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 06:30:50 PM »
If Jindal is the nominee in 2012 the racists will not know where to turn. Ralph Nader will finally get some votes :D

LOL

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »
Red Flags:

He opposes embryonic stem cell research

voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent

voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act

supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning (no i'm not for flag burning)

voted for the Real ID Act of 2005

sponsored the Deep Ocean Energy Resources Act (H.R. 4761)
The nonpartisan League of Conservation Voters also censured Jindal for securing passage of H.R. 4761 in the House of Representatives; the group rated his environmental performance that year at seven percent, citing anti-environment votes on 11 out of 12 critical issues.

supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools

#1 Red Flag: Rush likes him!!!!!!!

The other issue with Jindal, although I believe he is inherently better then Palin of course, is his "appeal" is limited.

The points you list knock him off moderates, his race knocks out the racists vote which McCain got by default, the exorcism issue may creep some people out, he doesn't come across well. I can't place my finger on it, but he just doesn't have that appeal that say Obama, Reagan even Huckabee has. He has that 'non appeal' persona that Romney has.

We must recall 50% of people who vote in all elections are most likely morons [unlike us all :D], hence must allow for that

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »
The points you list knock him off moderates, his race knocks out the racists vote which McCain got by default, the exorcism issue may creep some people out, he doesn't come across well. I can't place my finger on it, but he just doesn't have that appeal that say Obama, Reagan even Huckabee has. He has that 'non appeal' persona that Romney has.

Jindal is very quirky and creepy when he moves to. 

IMO he'll be a perennial Repub cabinet member - could be secretary of something, etc.  Or senate.  He is a really smart guy.  But he doesn't project 'AMERICA' like a reagan or a mccain.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 06:58:34 PM »
The other issue with Jindal, although I believe he is inherently better then Palin of course, is his "appeal" is limited.

We must recall 50% of people who vote in all elections are most likely morons [unlike us all :D], hence must allow for that
That explains how Obama got elected.

Why can black people not be racist voting for Obama, but white people are racist voting for McCain?  I consider Donovan McNabb racist for never registering to vote before and voting for Obama, the man who would be the first mulatto president.  He never did his civic duty before a black guy had a chance. 
Squishy face retard

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 07:09:55 PM »

except...Obama's father is from Nigeria, not a descendant of slaves, and mother is white, and he was raised by his white grandparents, so it could be argued that he has little in common with American black culture, not that it matters though.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2008, 07:20:12 PM »
That explains how Obama got elected.

Why can black people not be racist voting for Obama, but white people are racist voting for McCain?  I consider Donovan McNabb racist for never registering to vote before and voting for Obama, the man who would be the first mulatto president.  He never did his civic duty before a black guy had a chance. 

Of course if it explains how Obama got elected, it then explains how Bush, Reagan, Clinton and the whole cartel got elected.

He got elected via getting the most votes, hardly a secret. he was of course greatly helped by the VP on the other ticket being the biggest punchline I have ever seen masquerade as a politician in my life.

Plus, if Blacks are racist for voting for Obama, then if we are gettiing all racial and nutty then whites are far more racist as they have been voting for whites for centuries. They were the ones who barred blacks from voting. Also, I assume you know that blacks are only 12% of the population and even voting en masse can't carry an election anyway.  Also, you of course know Obama obliterated the Native, Jewish, first time votes plus won latinos, upper income and all ages under 65. He won across the board and McCain flopped. Done.

It's all inane, Obama won as he won, simple. Bush and Palin helped him tons of course. People melting down over race, while amusing me as the brotha will be in charge no matter what anyway and the gov will be browning up alot more then that, as steadily been doing it anyway, so people can keep melting, they'll have to keep it up a long time as diversity is here to stay.

Jindal is very quirky and creepy when he moves to. 

Agreed. Impressive guy on paper, but will seem creepy to many.