Author Topic: QUAKER OATS: College Football  (Read 3182 times)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
QUAKER OATS: College Football
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:07:23 PM »
Alabama still holding strong to the #1 spot after playing awfull yet still winning in DEATH VALLEY!

TTU with a very impressive win over OK St. GUNS UP!

UF is clicking on all cylinders and thrashed Vandy.

As expected PSU and the "little"ten would dissapoint lol

UA vs UF in the SECCG: My(early) prediction: UA 31  UF 21

However looks for MSU to play UA very tough this week. MSU had the week off and hates Bama. UA is worn out from a very physical game with LSWHO.

Also look for The Ole Ball Coach to give UF some fits when he returns to the SWAMP.

OU will beat TTU in 2 weeks. BOOMER SOONERS!
Until then, GUNS UP!!!! RED RAIDERS!

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
Re: QUAKER OATS: College Football
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
link to rankings plz

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:09:59 PM »
thank fucking god a big10 team will NOT be in the chip game this year...frauds.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »
The UA LSU game in Death Valley. Winning TD in overtime.

Turn your speakers down...

THis is what SEC football is all about.

NEW CROWD Stadium record 93,800 fans

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 09:39:41 PM »
wrong forum ::)

E
E

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 03:08:14 AM »
Alabama still holding strong to the #1 spot after playing awfull yet still winning in DEATH VALLEY!

However looks for MSU to play UA very tough this week. MSU had the week off and hates Bama. UA is worn out from a very physical game with LSWHO.

Also look for The Ole Ball Coach to give UF some fits when he returns to the SWAMP.

played against a redshirt FR who continues to struggle in big games.  Off is up and down that's why they will fall before the season is over. FL in the upset in the Champ Game in GA.

TTU will get handed by OK.  Run and Gun off also w/ better athletes.

UF vs somebody (anybody but USC) in the NC game.

Bama could fall to Auburn most likely given a lot of the players know enough other.  Auburn has played several games close but lost.

UF will dismantle Ole

Outside of USC and OK...the bottom end SEC teams could beat any top 20 team on any Saturday.  That's why no one wants the like of Arkansas (knocked Tulsa out), Auburn, Ole Miss (actually very good this yr and would challenge for the two Pewee 10s) and Kentucky who can put points and gave Bama a s##tload of problems.  Yes...SC is also in that conf.   
Oh...Monica!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 05:41:40 AM »
played against a redshirt FR who continues to struggle in big games.  Off is up and down that's why they will fall before the season is over. FL in the upset in the Champ Game in GA.

TTU will get handed by OK.  Run and Gun off also w/ better athletes.

UF vs somebody (anybody but USC) in the NC game.

Bama could fall to Auburn most likely given a lot of the players know enough other.  Auburn has played several games close but lost.

UF will dismantle Ole

Outside of USC and OK...the bottom end SEC teams could beat any top 20 team on any Saturday.  That's why no one wants the like of Arkansas (knocked Tulsa out), Auburn, Ole Miss (actually very good this yr and would challenge for the two Pewee 10s) and Kentucky who can put points and gave Bama a s##tload of problems.  Yes...SC is also in that conf.   

Your right  Auburn did play Ark, Vandy, LSU sorta close in a losing effort LOL. However at 5-5 and NO signature win this year the closest the UA/AU game will be is 0-0 at kickoff.

LOL I love how you said UK gave Bama fits. UK has 62 yards of offense in the first half. UK was never in the game.

After all since OLE MISS beat UF at the SWAMP and BAMA is undefeated then I guess BAMA will destroy UF, right?

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 06:20:09 AM »
Your right  Auburn did play Ark, Vandy, LSU sorta close in a losing effort LOL. However at 5-5 and NO signature win this year the closest the UA/AU game will be is 0-0 at kickoff.

LOL I love how you said UK gave Bama fits. UK has 62 yards of offense in the first half. UK was never in the game.

After all since OLE MISS beat UF at the SWAMP and BAMA is undefeated then I guess BAMA will destroy UF, right?

Sat, Oct 4 Kentucky W 17-14

Team  Total Yds  Pass Yds  Rush Yds  First Downs  3rdD%  Pen./Yds  Turnovers  Time of Poss. 
Kentucky  276 241 35 12 29.4% 9/58 2 24:15
Alabama  388 106 282 15 31.3% 10/92 3 35:45

One more turnover in the 4th and Alabama would have 1 lost via Kentucky on their schedule.  All I'm saying is that bottom end SEC still are loaded w/local talent and SPEED (the whole conf as usual), and they matchup even better out-of-conf w/top teams.

Football is like boxing...so styles make the game.  Tebow aint no Lee for LSU or a 3-star QB for KY.  Bama off was up and down against LSU (better match w/Saban players) and Kentucky.  Let them play flat against FL in the Championship Game.

Sat, Oct 18 Mississippi W 24-20 - yes...Mis had the number also.

I dont care for Georgia, think their RB is over-rated.  People buying into the Reggie Bush type hype with him.  Guy at Mich State is a horse.  Jelly Bean for OSU will stay injured in the NFL.
Oh...Monica!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 07:37:21 AM »

Florida/Bama for the SEC championship with Florida beating Bama 38-13, too much speed on both sides of the ball for the Gators, the skill guys Tebow, Harvin, Demps, Rainey, etc. will come up big, i agree that Tech will get beat by the Sooners in Norman, Stoops is 59-2 in his career in Norman, Florida and Oklahoma for one of the best BCS championship games in years.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 07:44:48 AM »
Florida/Bama for the SEC championship with Florida beating Bama 38-13, too much speed on both sides of the ball for the Gators, the skill guys Tebow, Harvin, Demps, Rainey, etc. will come up big, i agree that Tech will get beat by the Sooners in Norman, Stoops is 59-2 in his career in Norman, Florida and Oklahoma for one of the best BCS championship games in years.

So then who do you have for the championship?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 07:45:56 AM »

So then who do you have for the championship?
hard to say, they're both dangerous on both sides of the ball, like i said it will be a great game, one of the best in years.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 10:26:41 AM »
Sat, Oct 4 Kentucky W 17-14

Team  Total Yds  Pass Yds  Rush Yds  First Downs  3rdD%  Pen./Yds  Turnovers  Time of Poss. 
Kentucky  276 241 35 12 29.4% 9/58 2 24:15
Alabama  388 106 282 15 31.3% 10/92 3 35:45

One more turnover in the 4th and Alabama would have 1 lost via Kentucky on their schedule.  All I'm saying is that bottom end SEC still are loaded w/local talent and SPEED (the whole conf as usual), and they matchup even better out-of-conf w/top teams.

Football is like boxing...so styles make the game.  Tebow aint no Lee for LSU or a 3-star QB for KY.  Bama off was up and down against LSU (better match w/Saban players) and Kentucky.  Let them play flat against FL in the Championship Game.

Sat, Oct 18 Mississippi W 24-20 - yes...Mis had the number also.

I dont care for Georgia, think their RB is over-rated.  People buying into the Reggie Bush type hype with him.  Guy at Mich State is a horse.  Jelly Bean for OSU will stay injured in the NFL.

I watched the UK BAMA game and UK was NEVER in the game. THey trailed all game and hit a 70yard TD pass with 15 sec left on the clock because the BAMA Safety blew the coverage. This made the score appear close. Game never was.

Ole Miss DID NOT WIN 24-20? They lost! What do you mean they "have their number also"?? lol

Seriously you need to stop posting if you dont even know who beat who.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »

Quaker do you really think Nick Saban's defense will give up 38 and only score 13? We are talking about a team who only led for 1min and 30 sec all year up until last week getting beat by 20 some pts.

Saban is the best DB coach in the nation. THis isnt the XII, they actually play defense in the SEC.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 10:30:42 AM »
hard to say, they're both dangerous on both sides of the ball, like i said it will be a great game, one of the best in years.

What if OU loses to TTU ? Then TTU plays Mizzu

What if OU beats TTU but loses to OkSt?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »
What if OU loses to TTU ? Then TTU plays Mizzu

What if OU beats TTU but loses to OkSt?

it's next to impossible to beat Oklahoma in Norman, they're 59-2 during Stoops tenure at home so they'll beat TT, Ok. State could be tricky but i think they'll win, hopefully OU's defense will be able to stop Dez Bryant and Kendall Hunter and then they'll DESTROY whoever wins the Big 12 North.

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 01:16:32 PM »
I watched the UK BAMA game and UK was NEVER in the game. THey trailed all game and hit a 70yard TD pass with 15 sec left on the clock because the BAMA Safety blew the coverage. This made the score appear close. Game never was.

Ole Miss DID NOT WIN 24-20? They lost! What do you mean they "have their number also"?? lol

Seriously you need to stop posting if you dont even know who beat who.

give up the crack.  how did  i say Ole Miss won when Bama is undefeated.  that's how it's listed on yahoo and i' not re-writing it. copy and paste will do fine.   Thank you.     

BTW....when you are within a touchdown or a fg w/the ball and time on the clock you are in the game even if you were out played most of the day.  Bama had to be 2 touchdown favorites or better vs against those two.  No bad on
Bama...just 2nd class SEC teams can step up anyday, and Bama off can be like night and day.
Oh...Monica!

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
Wisconsin SUCKS MY BALLS!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 04:07:39 PM »
they turned out to be one of the biggest disappointments in college football this year, i saw pre season polls that had them as high as 7th, them, Clemson, Tennessee and Auburn were the biggest failures in college football this year.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »

Agreed.  They really let me down this year.  On another note...I'd love to see a bowl game played up north in the snow!  All this warm weather bowl bullshit.  Play the games in the cold damn it!!!  (Championship game at Lambeau   ;D) j/k

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 07:33:31 AM »
Agreed.  They really let me down this year.  On another note...I'd love to see a bowl game played up north in the snow!  All this warm weather bowl bullshit.  Play the games in the cold damn it!!!  (Championship game at Lambeau   ;D) j/k
problem is that all of the good teams are in the south or near south.

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:27 AM »

That would definately be something to see.  Although I do think the bowl system sucks ass and that a playoff system is much needed.