Author Topic: When Mike Mattarazzo Came To Town  (Read 4950 times)

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
When Mike Mattarazzo Came To Town
« on: November 10, 2008, 11:57:36 AM »
Many years ago, Mike Mattarazzo came to guest pose at one of the shows in NJ.  I believe it was the East Coast sometime in the mid to late 90's.  He hit the stage at around 280 lbs showing some lines but mostly great off season size.  His routine was especially crowd pleasing when some very skinny bantamweight jumped from the seats on stage and went pose for pose with Mike.  Mike took it all in great fun and ran with it.  He went out into the crowd and let everyone take pictures.  During his time at the show, he ate quite a large meal from Burger King.  Afterwards, several guys were asked to take him out and he went to a Bennigans or something of that nature and again ate a burger, some chicken, dessert and even had a large beer.  I remember thinking that he really enjoyed his status as a professional bb and enjoyed entertaining the fans.  In speaking with him, you sensed he didn't take any of it very seriously.  He was very funny and down to earth.  He did mention that for pros who liked the ladies, there were plenty to be had.  He was huge and kool and I bet today is still a kool guy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: When Mike Mattarazzo Came To Town
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
Good tale from years past.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 12:04:27 PM »
yes Mike is a cool dude and i hope everything is going well.

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
Good tale from years past.

Thanks, small story just recounting a nice guy.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »
I got hungry just by reading that
Z

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 12:30:11 PM »
Many years ago, Mike Mattarazzo came to guest pose at one of the shows in NJ.  I believe it was the East Coast sometime in the mid to late 90's.  He hit the stage at around 280 lbs showing some lines but mostly great off season size.  His routine was especially crowd pleasing when some very skinny bantamweight jumped from the seats on stage and went pose for pose with Mike.  Mike took it all in great fun and ran with it.  He went out into the crowd and let everyone take pictures.  During his time at the show, he ate quite a large meal from Burger King.  Afterwards, several guys were asked to take him out and he went to a Bennigans or something of that nature and again ate a burger, some chicken, dessert and even had a large beer.  I remember thinking that he really enjoyed his status as a professional bb and enjoyed entertaining the fans.  In speaking with him, you sensed he didn't take any of it very seriously.  He was very funny and down to earth.  He did mention that for pros who liked the ladies, there were plenty to be had.  He was huge and kool and I bet today is still a kool guy.
east coast!!
w

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »
what did he eat at Burger King, Star Of David necklace wearing stud?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 01:25:31 PM »

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »
At least he is Smarter than Chris Dim Sim is the heart a necessary organ for life????

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
what did he eat at Burger King, Star Of David necklace wearing stud?

What does my religion have to do with what Mattarrazo ate that night?

ARAGO

• Getbig II
  • Alex23 Reincarnated. For now.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 05:50:45 PM »
great story. i  remember traveling with mad maz in 2000... montreal if my memory is correctly. not only he was a great guy but he truly loved the fans; when you hit smaller places like montreal, small town midwest, the crowd goes crazy. most pro hate that stay put sitting on their chairs. mike never did that. he would climb on the table instead, drag kids with him and make sure every one had a good time and a chance to take pics with him.

an era is gone.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 07:20:14 PM »
He looked amazing in that clip. His physique there is better than anything that was on the Olympia stage in 2008. Look at his conditioning, proportion, size etc, lack of synthol, no HG overuse bloated guts etc.  I really believe that physique would have won the 2008 Olympia.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 07:28:19 PM »
he was 189lbs tops

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 07:33:22 PM »

just answer the question, no biggie

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 08:09:32 PM »
He looked amazing in that clip. His physique there is better than anything that was on the Olympia stage in 2008. Look at his conditioning, proportion, size etc, lack of synthol, no HG overuse bloated guts etc.  I really believe that physique would have won the 2008 Olympia.

I agree. I had forgotten how good Mattarazzo looked at one time.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »

mirza is a racist. if he keeps it up i'd be happy to pm you all his information so you can confront him in person about if if you wish.

funny how an arab such as him can be racist when his race is responsible for the same terrorism that threatens the very country his trailer is in.
b

Stu

• Getbig IV
  • Faggotry˛
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 12:50:11 AM »

From what I can gather Arabs don't like Jews much.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 01:38:36 AM »

Oi gevalt.  Nothing unless he was jonesing for some pigs feet and you brought him blintzes instead. 

Just kidding man.  No one cares what religion you are.  They're just warming you up for the "kind of 'guy'" and "your sister last night" jokes.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 01:41:28 AM »
Big as a whore's hole.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 02:27:48 AM »
mirza is a racist. if he keeps it up i'd be happy to pm you all his information so you can confront him in person about if if you wish.

funny how an arab such as him can be racist when his race is responsible for the same terrorism that threatens the very country his trailer is in.

And here I thought he was just trying to imply that besides Mattarazzo eating for free, someone else there ducked the check  ;D

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 02:45:57 AM »
I always thought of mike as Joey (from friends) on steroids hehe

HarleyBreite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 04:53:54 AM »
     One thing I do remember about being out at a restaurant with Mattarrazo was that he was more than willing to let little kids come up and see who he was.  I have seen, on numerous occassions, where little kids just run up to these massive guys as if they are seeing a superhero live in person.  Mike was great with a young boy who did that and even put the kid on his lap and made a muscle with his bicep.
    A very similar incident happened at Universal Studios in Florida the day after the 1999 Nationals.  I was with Craig, his wife Jennifer and their newborn daughter enjoying the park on an extremely hot and humid day.  Craig had been walking around in overalls with a football jersey underneath.  Yes, I do think that is a bit strange but he, like many other pros, feel funny displaying their physiques in public.  No, I don't fully understand that but that is a whole new topic for a new thread perhaps.  Anyway, it was so humid that Craig, depleted from competing the previous day was almost to the point of passing out until I insisted he take of the jersey so that he could cool down.  He kept the overalls on of course and continued to walk the stroller with both his wife and I next to him.  As we were sitting on a bench, two very young children broke from their parents and ran over to Craig.  I happened to catch the look on the parents' faces and could easily detect their fear and apprehension.  The kids got to Craig before they could and ran up to feel his arm.  Craig knelt down, smiled and introduced himself and his baby daughter in the carriage.  As the parents sprint ended, they arrived to see that their kids were safe and enjoying a ride swinging from Craig's bicep while a few inches off the ground.  I can understand the concern any parent would have in their kids running off to greet a stranger but running off to some huge pro bb who just finished competing had to be a most unnerving experience.
    Both Mike Mattarrazo and Craig are examples of quite a few pros who are great with the fans and just people in general.  I hope Mike's memories of how many people he made smile as a pro help him during his premature retirement.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 05:53:50 AM »
all the while these nice guys emulated images of unattainable physiques that would propagate the youth to experiment with steroids...

great role models ::)
L

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 06:48:01 AM »
all the while these nice guys emulated images of unattainable physiques that would propagate the youth to experiment with steroids...

great role models ::)
BUT FOR THAT MINUTE WHEN THOSE THINGS HAPPEN LIKE HARLEYS STORY PEOPLE DONT THINK ABOUT IT,THEY JUST LOOK AND GAPE AND SAY HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN TRAINING OR WHAT DO U DO TO LOOK LIKE THAT.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 07:13:50 AM »

looks like someone wants to be back in time out again.