Author Topic: Monday Night Football  (Read 1178 times)

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
Monday Night Football
« on: November 10, 2008, 08:01:08 PM »
Anyone watching?

49ers receiver doesnt put any effort into catching the ball

mystery pass interference penalty

its a gong show but Warner is sick--amazing

koolie1

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Monday Night Football
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:03:03 PM »
Please delete thread. Its called ESPN people.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 08:05:08 PM »
Anyone watching?

49ers receiver doesnt put any effort into catching the ball

mystery pass interference penalty

san fransisco showed up and are playing at a level not many expected.

davis looked like he gave up completely on that ball. no effort whatsoever. no wonder singletary gets pissed at him seeing how they took him 6th over all and he's been an underachiever since.

i dunno. i think san fran will pull out the victory. their run defense is solid, they just need to tighten up in the secondary and quit giving up big yardage down field on YAC.

b

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:07:13 PM »
I agree they are playing over their head

dman I still cant get over that receiver not even trying

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »
omg this is a sickkkkkkkkkkk game

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 09:24:07 PM »

best football game i have seen this year, and ties with the best football game i saw all of last year- giants/ green bay divisional playoffs.

b

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 09:30:48 PM »
kolie you have 277 posts just be quiet, how much can we talk about levrone arnold, ronnie ect. the board needs more diversity.

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 10:18:38 PM »
MNF for some reason has showcased the 49ers vs. the Cardinals the last 3 years...and I don't know why. The coverage is horrible and the announcing is even worse. Only the fine ass of Erin Andrews could redeem my interest.

tomgreynolds

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
I was really pulling for the 49'ers there... looked like they were gonna get it on that last drive.

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »
i was pulling for the 49ers also.. drafting alex smith really set that organization back several years

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
i was pulling for the 49ers also.. drafting alex smith losing eddie de bartolo really set that organization back several years

fixed.
b

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 10:54:30 PM »
the cheap ass owners really set them back     ;)

they could have a fucking awesome team if they would have kept their quality players from the last decade or so.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 11:39:20 PM »
San Francisco still has a team?  ???

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 12:33:17 AM »
san fransisco showed up and are playing at a level not many expected.

davis looked like he gave up completely on that ball. no effort whatsoever. no wonder singletary gets pissed at him seeing how they took him 6th over all and he's been an underachiever since.

i dunno. i think san fran will pull out the victory. their run defense is solid, they just need to tighten up in the secondary and quit giving up big yardage down field on YAC.

Seriously....pissed me off when I saw that. Fucker has blazing speed, so he slows down. Then he could have dove for the ball, doesn't do that either. FUCK!

We need warriors, not pansies. Another fucking game my Niners could have won, but didn't.  >:(
HAHA, RON.....

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 03:21:46 AM »

Warner never really "lost it" like many think he did.  Let's look at the facts....

When the dude has ANY time whatsoever, he's the most accurate passer in football, and a top 5 QB easily.  He's played with avg to shit O-lines since 2002 (when the Rams lost interior lineman and Ryan Tucker and replaced them with pure shit like John St. Clair).

From 1999-2001 = Best QB in football.  2 MVPs, 1 SB, 1 SB MVP, and shattered records for a 3-year run. (he even missed 6 games in 2000 with injury).

From 2002-2003 = He was injuried quite a bit, or put into situations where it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to succeed.  He lost his job to Marc Bulger, because Bulger won, and Warner lost many of the games he played in.... however, a deeper look into the facts....

During those years, Mike Martz got ridiculously "pass happy" thinking that his offense was unstoppable (it actually was when they had healthy offensive lineman, but they didn't in 02/03).  Martz knew that Warner knew his system forwards and backwards and didn't pause in calling one long developing play after another, despite having backup O-linemen in blocking.  During Warner's 7 losses, Martz only called 9 Marshall Faulk rushes per game.  That's not going to get it done.  Overall, for Warner in 02/03, the Rams pass to rush ratio was 73%/27%.  Then when Bulger replaced Warner due to injuries and the beating he was taken with empty backfields, etc... Martz got much more conservative and went to a 60%/40% ratio, taking pressure off the quarterback and making defenses think run.   Add to the fact that Bulger played cream-puff defenses (back then.... Raiders, Chargers, Arizona, etc....) while Warner played against some of the toughest, most aggressive defenses in the league..... Giants, Philly, Redskins, Denver, etc....  and NO WONDER you ended up with the result of Warner losing games and Bulger winning some.   Bottom line - he should've NEVER lost his job in STL, he was ALWAYS a better QB than Bulger, and had the Rams been smart about keeping talent on the O-line, he'd still be piling up records there.

2004 = he goes 4-4 in NYG and is replaced by Eli Manning mid-season.  He was moderately successful with that very avg NYG team, that was 0-8 in the last 8 games of the 03 season, and then 1-7 with Manning after he replaced him.  4-4 is better than 0-8/1-7.

2005 = goes to a shitty AZ Cardinal team, and manages to play pretty good football despite a shitty O-line and no running game.

2006 = the team struggles due to lack of talent and piss poor Denny Green coaching.  Warner replaced by draft bust Matt Leinart.

2007 = Warner gets a new chance due to Leinarts injury, and proves he can still play, elevating the team around him.

2008 = Team continues to improve, Warner beats out Leinart for the starting job, and now that he is a possible MVP candidate, doesn't appear to be losing his starting job anytime soon. 

Glad to see this guy succeeding again.  I don't believe he ever lost it.  He's playing as good football as he's ever played, and leads the #1 scoring offense in the league, despite still not having much of a running game.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!