Author Topic: Why do you all think Palin is making a media flurry?  (Read 2273 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Why do you all think Palin is making a media flurry?
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:30:21 PM »
I see on TV ads she is supposed to appear on the Today Show, Larry King and the Situation Room.

Prior when she was nominee, she was almost MIA - now it appears she loves the camera operating on her own.

A 2012 run lead up? Senate? Hitting back at allegations she was a moron?

Do you all see any nefarious reasons for the media surge?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Why do you all think Palin is making a media flurry?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »
She is trying to extend her 15 minutes, her political career has peaked, she is probably trying to line up a career in some type of media.
E

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
to distract people from everything else that is going on.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 06:36:21 AM »
She is trying to extend her 15 minutes, her political career has peaked, she is probably trying to line up a career in some type of media.
Agree.
Problem for her is that she may come across as just a little bit desperate for attention.
As empty as paradise

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 06:39:47 AM »
I see on TV ads she is supposed to appear on the Today Show, Larry King and the Situation Room.

Prior when she was nominee, she was almost MIA - now it appears she loves the camera operating on her own.

A 2012 run lead up? Senate? Hitting back at allegations she was a moron?

Do you all see any nefarious reasons for the media surge?
Why is Paris Hilton a celebrity?

There's a big part of your answer right there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 06:47:03 AM »
FOX news had all that info about her - not knowing africa, NAFTA countries, etc - for the entire campaign.  They agreed to keep it 'off the record' until after the election.

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »
After seeing John McCain's concession speech, only then seeing ABC's interview along with another on NBC with Matt Lauer, speech, it's easy to see that McCain is much classier and gracious in defeat.  He praised Obama for the campaign he ran, offered a hand to help him, and for me most importantly, spoke to the significance of the event - that we have our first Black president and what that means for a particular segment of society that too often has been excluded from America's promise.  You think Palin would have done that?  How could she since she played such divisive identity politics?  I would have liked her to answer the question on what it means for this country to break this barrier.  But in her answers, she continues to chide that they lost rather than the other side winning, and still plays to that "joe-six-pack", "soccer mom" crowd.  She said in the NBC interview that a problem was that they lost Latino support.  Wouldn't it have been interesting if she actually campaigned in Latino communities in addition to those areas where "real americans" live?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
FOX news had all that info about her - not knowing africa, NAFTA countries, etc - for the entire campaign.  They agreed to keep it 'off the record' until after the election.

Turns out those comments were "leaked" by someone named Micheal Eisenstat... who doesn't exist.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »
Turns out those comments were "leaked" by someone named Micheal Eisenstat... who doesn't exist.

Are the FOX reporters lying when they detailed these claims?

Is FOX part of the liberal lie machine now?

They kept nice records of off-the-record comments they had to keep quiet until after election.

For them to trash their own partys candidate, I tend to believe them.  When you look at what a fluff-piece lightweight she was in interviews, I could see her making mistakes like this.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 05:52:11 PM »

They kept nice records of off-the-record comments they had to keep quiet until after election.

For them to trash their own partys candidate, I tend to believe them.  When you look at what a fluff-piece lightweight she was in interviews, I could see her making mistakes like this.

That's because you've become another mindless nut.

They reported it before the "source" was confirmed like most media will do sometimes. 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 06:00:33 PM »
I see on TV ads she is supposed to appear on the Today Show, Larry King and the Situation Room. Prior when she was nominee, she was almost MIA - now it appears she loves the camera operating on her own. A 2012 run lead up? Senate? Hitting back at allegations she was a moron?

She is quite popular in the conservative circles, and most likely, if she chooses, will run for the Senate seat in Alaska when is is vacated (due to a felony), and win it.  Eight years in Congress, and then, in 2016, she may run again.

However, she is too conservative for a great many people in the USA.

And when the Republican party reshapes itself and focuses on the younger vote, and hipper crowd, they will need someone who can give them the flair, and cool shades to wear.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 06:02:54 PM »

please provide links to those claims 240 as far as ive understood they are all unsubstantiated rumors, just like her daughter being a lesbian gang member and her cheating on her husband with a business associate which you spammed this board with for 2 days straight.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 06:03:21 PM »
They're all asking and she doesn't have to worry about a flurry of stupid questions.  No one is going to ask her to name the president of some foreign country, or about the last book she read, when she got her passport, etc.  Now they're going to talk about the issues (which don't include the "Bush Doctrine").  

She's not going away.  She's going to be a major player on the political scene, especially if she replaces Stevens in the Senate.    

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
please provide links to those claims 240 as far as ive understood they are all unsubstantiated rumors, just like her daughter being a lesbian gang member and her cheating on her husband with a business associate which you spammed this board with for 2 days straight.

I want the links too. If the republicans have to provide them, then 240 has to as well.
E

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »
my guess is a desperate attempt to rehabilitate her image

more likely it's her death rattle

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 06:23:41 PM »
She is quite popular in the conservative circles, and most likely, if she chooses, will run for the Senate seat in Alaska when is is vacated (due to a felony), and win it.  Eight years in Congress, and then, in 2016, she may run again.

However, she is too conservative for a great many people in the USA.

And when the Republican party reshapes itself and focuses on the younger vote, and hipper crowd, they will need someone who can give them the flair, and cool shades to wear.

I wouldn't call her too conservative.  Her positions on social issues aren't really any different than Bush, Bush Sr., or Reagan.  I really don't see a problem with a fiscal and social conservative winning in 2012. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 06:29:34 PM »
I wouldn't call her too conservative.  Her positions on social issues aren't really any different than Bush, Bush Sr., or Reagan.  I really don't see a problem with a fiscal and social conservative winning in 2012. 

yes - that = too conservative

social conservatives should focus on the idea that our country allows them to practice their religious beliefs

and it allows other people of all different beliefs the exact same right

The Republican Party should go back to it's roots and I ain't talking about Reagan or Bush

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 06:32:24 PM »
Now they're going to talk about the issues (which don't include the "Bush Doctrine").  

Um, we're in a big war (Iraq) which was started based entirely upon the Bush Doctrine oof pre-emption without being hit.

So it's kinda relevant. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »
yes - that = too conservative

social conservatives should focus on the idea that our country allows them to practice their religious beliefs

and it allows other people of all different beliefs the exact same right

The Republican Party should go back to it's roots and I ain't talking about Reagan or Bush

If it's too conservative then Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II would have lost.  Social conservatives win political races all the time. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »
Um, we're in a big war (Iraq) which was started based entirely upon the Bush Doctrine oof pre-emption without being hit.

So it's kinda relevant. 

No it isn't.  No one had even mentioned "The Bush Doctrine" before that dumb question.  And I doubt we hear it again. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 06:43:17 PM »
If it's too conservative then Reagan, Bush I, and Bush II would have lost.  Social conservatives win political races all the time. 

You're only as good as your last election (btw - you can fill in the blank on this phrase and it still ALWAYS works)

the current election is massive repudiation of the legacy (which we are all currently enjoying) of Reagan, Bush (The Father and Son)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 06:45:23 PM »
No it isn't.  No one had even mentioned "The Bush Doctrine" before that dumb question.  And I doubt we hear it again. 

As I pointed out to you before, we had plenty of discussions about THE BUSH DOCTRINE on getbig 2 years ago.

Those of us who follow the news know that it originated in 2002 and was THE justification for invading iraq.  They MIGHT have WMD, so we're hitting them first.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine

You may not have known about it until Gibson asked it, and that's probably why you're hunky-dory with Palin running the country.  But many of us did learn about it 5 years ago and were shocked a VP candidate coudln't define it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »

No one, except....

Kesler, Charles R. (2005-01-26). Democracy and the Bush Doctrine, Claremont Institute, http://www.claremont.org/publications/crb/id.1218/article_detail.asp.

Meyer, Karl (Spring 2004). "America Unlimited: The Radical Sources of the Bush Doctrine". World Policy Journal (World Policy Institute)

Kwiatkowski, Karen (2007-01-15). "Making Sense of the Bush Doctrine".

Jeffrey Record, The Bush Doctrine and War with Iraq  Spring 2003

Globalissues.org The Bush Doctrine of Pre-emptive Strikes; A Global Pax Americana 2002

Speulda, Nicole (2005). "Documenting the Phenomenon of Anti-Americanism". The Princeton Project on National Security.
^ Critics Say Bush Doctrine Might Provoke 1st Strike

Tyner, Jarvis (2002-01-12). "Unity can defeat the Bush doctrine",

Monten, Jonathan (Spring 2005). The Roots of the Bush Doctrine: Power, Nationalism, and Democracy Promotion in U.S. Strategy.

^ Podhoretz, Norman (September 2002). In Praise of the Bush Doctrine

Krauthammer, Charles (2001-02-26). "The Bush doctrine: In American foreign policy, a new motto: Don't ask. Tell

Public Policy Professor Robert G. Kaufman Defends Bush Doctrine in New Book, Pepperdine University. 2007

(2002-09-22). "The Bush Doctrine", New York Times. 

(2003-04-13). "Aftermath; The Bush Doctrine", New York Times. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 06:52:18 PM »
You're only as good as your last election (btw - you can fill in the blank on this phrase and it still ALWAYS works)

the current election is massive repudiation of the legacy (which we are all currently enjoying) of Reagan, Bush (The Father and Son)

It wasn’t the repudiation of a legacy.  It was a vote against the party in charge during a time of economic crisis.  It is no more a repudiation of a “legacy” than the Republican takeover in 94.  Conservatives and conservative ideology (fiscal and social) aren't going anywhere.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
As I pointed out to you before, we had plenty of discussions about THE BUSH DOCTRINE on getbig 2 years ago.

Those of us who follow the news know that it originated in 2002 and was THE justification for invading iraq.  They MIGHT have WMD, so we're hitting them first.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_Doctrine

You may not have known about it until Gibson asked it, and that's probably why you're hunky-dory with Palin running the country.  But many of us did learn about it 5 years ago and were shocked a VP candidate coudln't define it.

As I pointed out when you last brought this up, you never said those words and the links you provided from this site didn't mention those words.  I doubt you had a clue what "The Bush Doctrine" was before that dumb question was asked.  Even the pundits couldn't agree on what it was after that dumb question was asked.