Author Topic: Trey Brewer "Road To The Nationals 2008" <Video>  (Read 9578 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: Trey Brewer "Road To The Nationals 2008" <Video>
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 09:43:38 AM »
  Don't get me started lol!............  (i miss those days!)

Well I haven't experienced these days I've to admit, was before my time. But that were just my thoughts while watching the video. :D

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »
That sort of Training is great for your heart (cardiovascular system) getting ready for football season

not so sure id train that way for a bodybuilding contest tho (and the Nationals at that!)

just my opinion tho

You'd be surprised.  The best shape I have ever got in was when I followed a Gironda style high-volume workout resting no more than 30 seconds between sets.  It just melted the fat away quicker than I've been able to do before.

Diablo21

• Getbig I
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »
Who is that skinny twink trainer??  ??? ???

A WANNA BE CHARLES GLASS.......

bigtraps

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »
Ropeman???  WOW, what a cluster F.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 02:23:17 PM »
This was posted over at MD  (gotta say i agree with it)

actually i played football all four years of high school and have been bodybuiling for the last four .. so i think i can tell you the diffrence in the type of training both involve..

what is ideal for football is not ideal training for bodybuilding.. If anything doing all those reps are would be catabolic..

football players train for endurance, power and speed..

bodybuilders train for size, symmetry and condition..

healthy heart? with all do respect to trey there is nothing about his build that says "healthy"

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2008, 02:41:56 PM »
Very interesting video.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2008, 03:06:23 PM »

Brewer is the most overrated guy I've seen come on the scene in my 10yrs following the game.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 03:11:01 PM »
wtf is he doing there for chest?  :-\

he should concetrate on the basics....incline, flyes etc and leave these bs "techniques".

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »
Looks like "Ropeman" needs to lay off the crack pipe a bit... ::)

I guess we'll have to see what his 100-200 rep schemes do for Trey come the 22nd... :-\   :-X

250goal

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »
I'm surprised they aren't hyping him up at MD since they are full of shit.

If he was sponsored by them, you could be guaranteed that post would get deleted.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 08:02:44 PM »
Ropeman is one of the most ignornat sumbitches you will ever see.

Has no clue about weight training , bodybuilding  let alone diet.

Sells Shannon Sharpe and several NFL hasbeens Hgh.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »
I just watched the video again man and thought dammm why doesn't Trey just go back to what he did for the Excaliber?!?!??!?!?!
if it aint broke don't fix it! (Trey looked awesome at that show)

looks like hes training for a boxing match or something!

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »
Isn't the idea to hold as much muscle as possible, with the least amount of fat as possible? This "Ropeman" seems like an idiot. Why should Brewer care whether his endurance improves? He's a fucking bodybuilder.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 04:43:29 AM »
Brewer needs to start thinking for himself and using some common sense.  Things such as previously bulking to well over 300 pounds in the off season, along with his current training are doubtful to help him achieve his goals.  If he keeps on with the training methods as seen in the video, he will learn the hard way, once again.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 05:03:36 AM »
Brewer is the most overrated guy I've seen come on the scene in my 10yrs following the game.

The only thing that created the hype about him was his monstrous off-season weight (325 pds; altough he looked like total shit at this weight) at his very young age, I don't think there has ever been a guy that heavy in his early 20s. But this shock-effect will be less and less impressive with every year he gets older....and than we'll see what'sr really behind the super-talent Trey Brewer. ::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 07:29:28 AM »
The only thing that created the hype about him was his monstrous off-season weight (325 pds; altough he looked like total shit at this weight) at his very young age, I don't think there has ever been a guy that heavy in his early 20s. But this shock-effect will be less and less impressive with every year he gets older....and than we'll see what'sr really behind the super-talent Trey Brewer. ::)
nothing...

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 09:07:01 AM »
Thats not a bald Sammy Davis jr ,jr is it?????

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 09:21:13 AM »
What the "Ropeman ' doing with Trey is nonsense.Back in the 1997 when I was training for the Natural Universe, like a dumbass, I read an article, Skip Lacour would do wind sprints after training legs.Trust me dont try this, its very painful and stupid.After training legs, very intensely, I would go to a near by park and do sprints.It was hilarious to watch me and my training partner at the time run, and stagger as we ran.This painful experience, didn't do anything for my legs, and actually made me look worse for that show.I thought is would bring more striations to my legs.This is back when Muscular Developement was All" Natural Muscular" Developement.I would read the articles, of "so called " natural stars, and try some of the things they used in there routines.Back then the natural movement was really big, and I thought I could make it big as a natural bodybuilder.Little did I know, I was probably one of the few guys who was truly natural.Plus my genetics are okay, I am a big guy, but I got the symmetry of a brick,lol.I am as blocky as they come,I have long muscle bellies, a long torso, and a big rig cage.Yes I would get up to 250-255lbs totally drug free and I was fairly lean, but I looked more like a lean power lifter or a football player.I did play semi-pro football and a nose guard.I should have stuck with that.Anyways, Trey Brewer is a nice guy, but he would be a great power lifter or a Pro Ball player.As far as bodybuilding goes, he is just okay.There are alot of bodybuilders with better structure, and rounder muscle bellies.

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 10:29:44 AM »
yea  lol!         

Saw Trey Yesterday - He looks great- ( like a bodybuilder)
Ropeman ( IFBB Pro, Judge and training Partner LEE HANEY) Has gotten the condition to the level Trey has been looking for

Very impressed with his focus and his heart to achieving his goals

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
ropeman is a obvious benefactor of BGG so he assumes that whatever he does works for his clients

truth being, "ropeman" can stare at a rack of weights and gain 20lbs

he should have trey on a treadmill 2x a day at a low intensity (which seems to be a popular method amongst all pros)