Author Topic: Obama leaking private conversation with Bush  (Read 11414 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Re: Obama leaking private conversation with Bush
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2008, 08:15:12 AM »
If thats any reflection on how his staff handles private top level meetings, its not a good initial sign.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:26 AM »
Bush trying to work with the man and he leaks the private conversation for political advantage?

Seems kind of underhanded. Reminds me of when Bush first met Obama and tried to be nice to the guy only to get burned.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashbol.htm

BUSH ANGER: OBAMA AIDES LEAK CHAT DETAILS
Tue Nov 11 2008 09:28:10 ET

Just hours after President Bush and President-elect Obama met in the Oval Office of the White House, details of their confidential conversation began leaking out to the press, igniting anger from the president, sources claim.

"Senator Obama would be wise to keep close counsel," a top Bush source warned.

"BUSH AND OBAMA AT ODDS OVER AID FOR AUTO INDUSTRY," splashed the NEW YORK TIMES in an exclusive Monday evening, quoting "people familiar with the discussion."

The two met at the White House in private, without staff.

"Bush indicated at the meeting that he might support some aid and a broader economic stimulus package if Obama and congressional Democrats dropped their opposition to a free-trade agreement with Colombia," claimed the TIMES.

MORE

The ASSOCIATED PRESS quickly followed with details of the conversation, citing "aides who described the discussion on grounds of anonymity, citing the private nature of the meeting."

Bush advisers view the leaks as an effort to undermine the president's remaining days in office.

"Senator Obama may not be familiar with a long-standing tradition of presidents holding their private conversations, private," a senior adviser explained to the DRUDGE REPORT.

Developing...

This is such a stupid topic.  Obama will take over the reigns in a few months.  It's the people's right to know that Bush is planning more stupidity for the country.

Bush's M/O is to do shit behind the scenes until it's practically too late to fix his 'solution.' 

Bravo for Obama.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »
This is such a stupid topic.  Obama will take over the reigns in a few months.  It's the people's right to know that Bush is planning more stupidity for the country.

Bush's M/O is to do shit behind the scenes until it's practically too late to fix his 'solution.' 

Bravo for Obama.

As you and your pal 240 say...you're having a meltdown.

Although Bush is leaving soon you still can't stop bitching about him, bravo.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:56 AM »
this guy is going to get himself killed...u cant do shit like that...lol..

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
No no.  Bush actively lied dozens of times to the US people and the Congress Re the threat posed by Iraq, the WMDs and Iraq's ties to Al Qaeda.

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could just chalk this shitstorm up to one big OOPSIE?

Bush is a moron whom our enemies profit from. 

let me ask you something.  was bill clinton lying to the american people everytime he gave a state of the union address and talked about how dangerous sadaam hussein was and how he was trying to get WMD's and how if he did clinton GUARANTEED that he would use them.  i bet you havent ever considered this information because it never suited your argument.  and i bet that you'll completely ignore this post and never give it another thought.  people like you dont watch the news to gain knowledge or find information.  people like you only watch the news to gather ammo for your foregone conclusions.

however if you think that clinton was also lying and this war in iraq was a conspiracy of both the right and the left i disagree with you, but i have a little more respect for your opinion.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2008, 06:29:16 AM »
let me ask you something.  was bill clinton lying to the american people everytime he gave a state of the union address and talked about how dangerous sadaam hussein was and how he was trying to get WMD's and how if he did clinton GUARANTEED that he would use them.  i bet you havent ever considered this information because it never suited your argument.  and i bet that you'll completely ignore this post and never give it another thought.  people like you dont watch the news to gain knowledge or find information.  people like you only watch the news to gather ammo for your foregone conclusions.

however if you think that clinton was also lying and this war in iraq was a conspiracy of both the right and the left i disagree with you, but i have a little more respect for your opinion.

Dont bother these idiots with the facts. 

The reality is that the entire world thought Saddam had WMD.  Including the UN who issued many directives for him to come clean! 

Saddam made no effort to dissuade the world of this either.  He gambled with GWB and lost.  He did not think GWB would invade and he was wrong.

Case closed. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2008, 06:39:25 AM »
As you and your pal 240 say...you're having a meltdown.

Although Bush is leaving soon you still can't stop bitching about him, bravo.
Meltdown?  World class cliche`. 

Your boy Bush is a murderous criminal that can't stop screwing the country....and you seemingly support him wholeheartedly.

What does that say about you?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2008, 06:43:33 AM »

Let me tell you something (we Americans are always 'telling you something")
Clinton's lies were likely based on the best evidence available, no?

Weren't Bush's statements based on the best evidence available?  Read and find out:

October 7, 2002 Bush addressed the nation and said that Hussein was “a great danger to our nation”, either by using “unmanned aerial vehicles” with “chemical or biological” payloads “for missions targeting the US” or by providing these weapons to a “terrorist groups or individual terrorists to attack us.”

The day after the speech, George Tenet declassified a letter, signed by John McLaughlin, (deputy director of the CIA) which stated that Iraq was not an imminent threat to the security of the country and would not be unless the US attacked Iraq.  That letter predated Bush’s speech by a matter of hours.  Since the CIA is an agency of the Executive Branch and the director reports only to the president, it is unthinkable that Bush did not know the contents of the letter stating Iraq was no imminent threat to the US. 

Also, the letter simply corroborated the same finding in the 2002 National Intelligence Estimate issued by the CIA to Bush on 10-1-2002.  The CIA did not consider Hussein an imminent threat.

Bush said, “I’ll be making up my mind (to invade Iraq) based on the latest intelligence.”

When Bush told the nation on 10-7 that Hussein was an imminent threat to the security of the country, he was telling millions of Americans the exact opposite of what his own CIA was telling him.  Bush had his minions repeat lies like these in Congressional Briefings.

On 10-4-2002, Bush issued a White Paper RESTATING the information in the 10-01-2002 NIE changing the language to make mere opinions into rock solid facts and to add words showing the US homeland was a target.  That’s big-time deception.

Now bears, if the best evidence availabe clearly stated that Iraq was no threat to the US and Bush told the nation that Iraq was tremendous imminent threat to the US, would you characterize Bush's statement as a lie?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2008, 06:44:59 AM »
Dont bother these idiots with the facts. 

The reality is that the entire world thought Saddam had WMD.  Including the UN who issued many directives for him to come clean! 

Saddam made no effort to dissuade the world of this either.  He gambled with GWB and lost.  He did not think GWB would invade and he was wrong.

Case closed. 
This shallow analysis is fitting for a pre-teen, not a thinking adult.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2008, 06:50:43 AM »
This shallow analysis is fitting for a pre-teen, not a thinking adult.

by thinking you mean an ideologue who doesnt want to look at the big picture and only wants to demonize people who dont subscribe to his ideology.  we can go on like this for days.  lets just agree to disagree.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2008, 06:52:36 AM »
by thinking you mean an ideologue who doesnt want to look at the big picture and only wants to demonize people who dont subscribe to his ideology.  we can go on like this for days.  lets just agree to disagree.
Was I referring to you?  No?  Then shut the fuck up and answer my questions from above.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2008, 06:53:43 AM »
"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

Former President Clinton
    During an interview on CNN's "Larry King Live"
    July 22, 2003

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2008, 06:56:56 AM »
"In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more the very kind of threat Iraq poses now -- a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction ready to use them or provide them to terrorists, drug traffickers or organized criminals who travel the world among us unnoticed.

If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow by the knowledge that they can act with impunity, even in the face of a clear message from the United Nations Security Council and clear evidence of a weapons of mass destruction program."

President Clinton
    Address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff
    February 17, 1998

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2008, 07:00:44 AM »
"In the next century, the community of nations may see more and more the very kind of threat Iraq poses now -- a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction ready to use them or provide them to terrorists, drug traffickers or organized criminals who travel the world among us unnoticed.

If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow by the knowledge that they can act with impunity, even in the face of a clear message from the United Nations Security Council and clear evidence of a weapons of mass destruction program."

President Clinton
    Address to Joint Chiefs of Staff and Pentagon staff
    February 17, 1998

What the fuck do I care what Clinton said?  Did Bush lie about the threat posed by Iraq?

The answer is fairly evident.

And for posterity's sake, Clinton did not order an illegal invasion of Iraq...that was all Bush.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2008, 07:04:30 AM »
What the fuck do I care what Clinton said?  Did Bush lie about the threat posed by Iraq?

And for posterity's sake, Clinton did not order an illegal invasion of Iraq...that was all Bush.

ok.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:28 AM »

No Just Kosovo and Haiti

With a few missile attacks on Afghanistan and Sudan
Z

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2008, 07:21:11 AM »
No Just Kosovo and Haiti

With a few missile attacks on Afghanistan and Sudan
Kosovo - NATO and UN approval.

Haiti- UN approved

Afghanistan - retaliation against terrorists that attacked US embassies.  Who did Iraq attack again?  That's right, nobody.

Sudan - same thing.

That being said, I did not support any of those acts. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2008, 08:18:24 AM »

If Bush lied, so did Hillary, so did Kerry, so did Biden, and so did the Congress.

Everyone thought Saddam had WMD prior to GWB going into Iraq.

Did GWB get it wrong???  YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he lie ????   No.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2008, 08:21:47 AM »
If Bush lied, so did Hillary, so did Kerry, so did Biden, and so did the Congress.

Everyone thought Saddam had WMD prior to GWB going into Iraq.

Did GWB get it wrong???  YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Did he lie ????   No.
When Bush told the nation on 10-7 that Hussein was an imminent threat to the security of the country, he was telling millions of Americans the exact opposite of what his own CIA was telling him.  Bush had his minions repeat lies like these in Congressional Briefings.

Could you explain to me how Bush's statements to the nation were not lies?

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2008, 08:38:58 AM »

The CIA reports to the intelligence committee, which includes members of the senate and congress.
http://intelligence.senate.gov/members108thcongress.html
2003-2004
Republicans                                Democrats
   Pat Roberts, Kansas
         Chairman                       John D. Rockefeller IV, W.Virginia Vice Chairman
   Orrin G. Hatch, Utah       Carl Levin, Michigan
   Mike DeWine, Ohio       Dianne Feinstein, California
   Christopher S. Bond, Missouri  Ron Wyden, Oregon
   Trent Lott, Mississippi       Richard Durbin, Illinois
   Olympia J. Snowe, Maine    Evan Bayh, Indiana
   Chuck Hagel, Nebraska       John Edwards, North Carolina
   Saxby Chambliss, Georgia    Barbara Mikulski, Maryland
   John Warner, Virginia
Z

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2008, 09:06:21 AM »
In my mind it doesn't matter that he had WMD's or not.   

When he used them gas the kurds we should have done something then not over 10 years later.

In 2003 wasn't doing anything with them and wasn't about to.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2008, 09:06:57 AM »

If you accept the premise that Saddam had WMD then yes, he did pose an imminent threat since he did work with and harbor terrorists.  Not the 9/11 terrorists, but islamic terrorists nonetheless.

Of course, it turned out to be wrong, but that does not make it a lie.  One can be wrong and not intentionally lying at the same time.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »
If you accept the premise that Saddam had WMD then yes, he did pose an imminent threat since he did work with and harbor terrorists.  Not the 9/11 terrorists, but islamic terrorists nonetheless.

Of course, it turned out to be wrong, but that does not make it a lie.  One can be wrong and not intentionally lying at the same time.

By that logic then we should probably invade every country int he middle east.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2008, 09:30:48 AM »
By that logic then we should probably invade every country int he middle east.

which is why we should just accept that we cant beat terrorism and suck it up when 4,000 of us die by terrorist hands.  we cant fight them all right?  all that jibberish that all of our presidents talk about "fighting terrorism" is a joke.  we cant hold any one country accountable.  they are all accountable.  they are all allowing terrorist sects to flourish and finance themselves. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »
The CIA reports to the intelligence committee, which includes members of the senate and congress.
http://intelligence.senate.gov/members108thcongress.html
2003-2004
Republicans                                Democrats
   Pat Roberts, Kansas
         Chairman                       John D. Rockefeller IV, W.Virginia Vice Chairman
   Orrin G. Hatch, Utah       Carl Levin, Michigan
   Mike DeWine, Ohio       Dianne Feinstein, California
   Christopher S. Bond, Missouri  Ron Wyden, Oregon
   Trent Lott, Mississippi       Richard Durbin, Illinois
   Olympia J. Snowe, Maine    Evan Bayh, Indiana
   Chuck Hagel, Nebraska       John Edwards, North Carolina
   Saxby Chambliss, Georgia    Barbara Mikulski, Maryland
   John Warner, Virginia
So why did Bush tell the country the exact opposite of the CIA's determination that IRaq presented no threat to the US?

And why did the Bush office rewrite the conclusions of the CIA in a white paper distributed to the Congress (It's a summary) that was packed full of exaggerations and lies?

See I think Bush's active fraud is enough to show that he took this country to war under false pretenses.

Did Congress have access to the CIA papers?  Yes.  Was Congress lazy in relying on the president's word/paper?  Yes.

Does that somehow absolve Bush of his active fraud in going to war?  No.