Author Topic: GOP is going to start a 50 State Strategy  (Read 474 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
GOP is going to start a 50 State Strategy
« on: November 11, 2008, 12:34:02 PM »
GOP is going to start a 50 State Strategy

"As a national movement, a conservative movement, as a national Republican Party, it was certainly a mistake to focus on the presidency. It would be a mistake to focus on the elected officials in Washington," Norquist said. "So we rebuild, not just in Washington, but in all 50 states."

Oh, and moderates are to blame for Republicans losing the election. I guess they are because moderates voted for Democrats. Strangely, that's not what they meant. Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council told CNN that conservatives need to take back control of the GOP if the party is to return to its winning ways.

"Moderates never beat conservatives. We've seen that in past elections," he said.
Yup. They're living in their own little world.

http://stxc.blogspot.com/2008/11/republicans-to-adopt-50-state-strategy.html

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
Re: GOP is going to start a 50 State Strategy
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »
There is some truth to this.
The congress and senate are still dominated by social conservatives.
Blue Dog Democrats make a large amount of southern and Midwestern democrat seats in congress.
There are 49 blue dog democrats in congress.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 01:24:06 PM »
They need to do more with the web as well.

Mccain said they 'did a google' on the VP search.  I hope the next guy has the web saavy as Obama's team had.  I was a member of both of their mailing list, and Obama's emails came to diffuse any crisis (deliver arguing points, debunking, and talking points) immediately. 

The real reason they lost... is that repubs offered anger and dems offered hope.  legit or not, you're going to pick the guy who says he'll make things better.  By the end of this campaign, JTB being an 'american hero' and 'my role model'... it was just getting ridiculous.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 01:26:27 PM »
Yes, the GOP needs to completely overhaul itself. Get out of the 1990's and run a web 2.0 style campaign for one. Also, tamper down their fringe element as that really turns off moderates, shove the nuts in a corner and pander subtley for their vote. All in all, they need to move with the times.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
I think u miss the point...real conservatism wins. Small government, reduced spending, less adventurism overseas etc. U guys blame the "neocons" who the hell where these guys but Libs who also embraced some conservative values.  The Christain right will always be part of the party as will the ultra "green" wacko's on the left.  The Republicans should not be looking to embrace the Left or become more enclusive.  We need represent a real choice...not a dem from another mother. Right now we have have a chance to get younger..Jindal and a few other guys.  We also have Steele and Gingrich trying to be the next head of the party. I like Newt but he has his shot and he did not have his own house in order.  The Republicans need to simplify the message, get younger and present a unified message.
L