Author Topic: Mike Mentzer was a mans man!!!  (Read 31897 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Mike Mentzer was a mans man!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 09:23:04 PM »
A

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
Mike marched to the beat of a drummer that frequently only he could hear.

We were friends. His 91' - 96' adventures were well documented.  I was a small part of a few of those adventures. He was definitely good for bodybuilding.

Plus dude had a cool physique.

a

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 09:37:37 PM »
He was a raging lunatic and a genius... I feel sorry that he had to struggle so badly with addictions.
amen

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 09:40:50 PM »
a

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 12:43:43 AM »
Mike admitted this entire whole story to me personally when I asked him about it a few weeks later... 

In 1984 Mike was delusional because of his addiction to amphetamines. He was convinced that Arnold had put a contract out on him. He was driving around my current neighborhood (I live a few blocks from were Ray had bought and owned a Gym called Muscle Mill) and Mike decided that some hit men sent by Arnold were following him. He ran into a bank a few blocks from the gym and started telling the Bank manager (a woman) that someone was going to kill him and call the police. He then jumped behind the counter where the tellers are and crawled under a desk. The tellers, managers and customers were freaking out because here was this huge bodybuilder going psycho. The cops came and beat the crap out of him and arrested him.
and keep moving!

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 01:17:00 AM »

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 01:37:13 AM »
Mike admitted this entire whole story to me personally when I asked him about it a few weeks later... 

In 1984 Mike was delusional because of his addiction to amphetamines. He was convinced that Arnold had put a contract out on him. He was driving around my current neighborhood (I live a few blocks from were Ray had bought and owned a Gym called Muscle Mill) and Mike decided that some hit men sent by Arnold were following him. He ran into a bank a few blocks from the gym and started telling the Bank manager (a woman) that someone was going to kill him and call the police. He then jumped behind the counter where the tellers are and crawled under a desk. The tellers, managers and customers were freaking out because here was this huge bodybuilder going psycho. The cops came and beat the crap out of him and arrested him.

Hahaha fukin freak , all for a plastic trophy  ::)  :D

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 02:21:02 AM »
Bluto you've made this thread 30,000 times.  Maybe it's time you pull a "Mentzer" yourself.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 03:07:30 AM »
Thanks guys! That some great pictures and stories! Thanks for sharing!
Z

basurablanco

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 03:17:00 AM »
How long was a workout?
According to true HIT principles, anything over 2 seconds leads to overtraining.
Just like in golf, if the fewest strokes wins, why play the game?

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 03:45:27 AM »
Mike has seen more ass than a toilet seat

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »
How long was a workout?

Approx. 20 minutes

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 10:36:50 PM »
Dave (Max) did you hear the story of when some bodybuilder went into the bank to make a deposit and someone put on the back of his deposit slip "This is a holdup and give me all the money"  Cops came and arrested him.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 11:25:19 PM »
Mike and Ray had completely different muscle bellies.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 11:28:50 PM »
Bluto you've made this thread 30,000 times.  Maybe it's time you pull a "Mentzer" yourself.
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 11:52:21 PM »

Sick photo

Those were the good old days when a standing relax pose was a standing relax pose. And the posing trunks were posing trunks and not thongs.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 11:58:30 PM »
Mike marched to the beat of a drummer that frequently only he could hear.

We were friends. His 91' - 96' adventures were well documented.  I was a small part of a few of those adventures. He was definitely good for bodybuilding.

Plus dude had a cool physique.

i wonder if Mentzer and Ferrigno ever co-conspired Arnold's death.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2008, 12:03:39 AM »
Mike and Ray had completely different muscle bellies.
   Joe Weider said back then that Ray had better potential than Mike- better shape and abs. In this pic Mike is nearer to his potential, while Ray was a couple years behind...but closing..

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »

Hahaha fukin freak , all for a plastic trophy  ::)  :D

It was about much more that a plastic trophy my friend. Mike owned a magazine called Physical (my e-wife did a photo layout in an issue) and it was going belly-up. He was losing his property in Palm Springs. Arnold actually was causing Mike some kind of trouble with Weider because Mike had insulted Arnold in some of his articles (pirating Jones’s statements saying things like “Imagine how good Arnold would look with his genetics if he had trained “properly”) and caused the sale of Arnold’s mail order courses to take a downturn (if only temporarily). So there really was a rife between them. Furthermore, there was a rumor that Hollywood had an interest in Mike but that Arnold used whatever influence he had at the time to squash any such interests. Mike bought into it all and with the amphetamines everything escalated in his mind.   

Dave (Max) did you hear the story of when some bodybuilder went into the bank to make a deposit and someone put on the back of his deposit slip "This is a holdup and give me all the money"  Cops came and arrested him.

No I never heard that one Keith but it sounds like an inaccurate version of Mike’s story.
and keep moving!

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »
so did mikes g4p habits to pay for his "supplements" lead to his meth use?? the depression it causes for a man to dance or whatever for "men" and lose all dignitity for himself and his manhood.  ive seen it in my gym... guys that want to become "pros" turn the gay way to make money becuase they are too lazy to work.... and they turn to drugs becuase they are all f'ed up in the  head and tell themselves they arent gay... but want something to make themselves feelbetter about getting rammed in the ass.... heard it plenty of times... the typical exscuse  in my gym "my sponser" ie: sugar daddy hahhahhahah
real men= no rubbers

dustin

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 07:33:26 AM »

Those were the good old days when a standing relax pose was a standing relax pose. And the posing trunks were posing trunks and not thongs.

Agreed on all points. He looks thick as a fucking brick there. Not so much muscle that he's lost proportion and become disgusting looking either. And no fucking thong either. Thank goodness.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 07:36:47 AM »
Agreed on all points. He looks thick as a fucking brick there. Not so much muscle that he's lost proportion and become disgusting looking either. And no fucking thong either. Thank goodness.
Thats the best MM photo ive ever seen .....awesome proportionate physique...only the greatest BB of all time can destroy him ...and he did  :-\
L

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »

;) I agree ! And nobody on the pro stages lately look this good !

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »