Author Topic: Single Greatest Food For Mass.  (Read 6758 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Re: Single Greatest Food For Mass.
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »
I would go with beef or milk.
w

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 10:59:32 AM »
I would go with beef or milk.

i'm with chris on this one.. MILK!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »
Q:  I'm sick of chicken and tuna. Do you have any other recommendations for a low fat protein source? 

A:  In terms of nutritional value, lean cuts of red meat more than match the more traditional bodybuilding protein foods such as chicken breasts and tuna.

For example, a 3-ounce chicken breast contains 3-grams of fat, while 3-ounces of round or eye-fillet steak contains 4.2-grams. Lean ground beef contains 5-grams of fat per 100-grams. Lean roast beef contains just 3-grams of fat per 3-ounce slice. Some of the fat contained in lean beef will actually help you lose fat and build muscle.

Cooked beef fat contains CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid), a nutrient shown to enhance body composition. Lean beef also contains much more iron and other trace elements than chicken or tuna.

Lean beef is also higher in B-group vitamins, these vitamins are essential to energy production. On every occasion that I’ve recommended a bodybuilder to increase his/her red meat intake, the athlete has seen and felt the difference in their physique. So, beef up!

Dr. Paul Cribb Ph.D. CSCS.
AST Director of Research

http://www.ast-ss.com/dev/qa_search/full_text.asp?ID=3484

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2008, 05:03:43 PM »
hahaha stfu rectum kisser.

best thing: buy a meat grinder and make your own with lean sirloin. 

Most supermarkets sell ground sirloin which is 93% lean.  After cooking you strain off the grease that cooked out of it and it's basically 97% lean.  You can also buy from local foodservice 95% lean ground beef.  Usually comes in 10lb tubes or by the case for cheaper price/lb ...60 lb case.  If you have a freezer this is the way to go.

WH33L3R

• Getbig I
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2008, 05:56:55 PM »
so if i buy a bunch of ground beef? and say use pasta sauce with no noodles and then drink a bunch of chocolate milk a day .. then work in my trade

im guessing my diet isnt so great for ... well .. anything