Author Topic: My solution for the auto companies.................  (Read 5754 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
My solution for the auto companies.................
« on: November 12, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »
1) make starting pay 10 dollars an hour, most of the people working in these factories barely graduated high school
2) get rid of the health benefits
3) get rid of the pension plans, makes no sense to pay people who aren't working or creating anything for the company
4) start building more efficient, reliable cars that get better gas mileage, there's a reason why Toyota is killing the American car companies

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: My solution for the auto companies.................
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 08:25:52 AM »
...if it were only that easy.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:26:31 AM »
We can't bail out a failed system.  Force them to change...and force unions to change (see thread in political section).  Write your senators and reps.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »
...if it were only that easy.
it is that easy they just have to implement it, there are plenty of people who will gladly take those jobs, people in this country act like they're entitled to all these things when they haven't done a damn thing to deserve them.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »
it is that easy they just have to implement it, there are plenty of people who will gladly take those jobs, people in this country act like they're entitled to all these things when they haven't done a damn thing to deserve them.

Not really. They've signed agreements with the unions, the court cost alone will probably bankrupt them.

I agree with most of what you say about it though. They pay the unskilled workers way too much. It's sad when an unskilled labor is making twice what a teacher makes. Don't even get me started on the job banks.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 08:32:53 AM »
Not really. They've signed agreements with the unions, the court cost alone will probably bankrupt them.

I agree with most of what you say about it though. They pay the unskilled workers way too much. It's sad when an unskilled labor is making twice what a teacher makes. Don't even get me started on the job banks.
fucck the unions, give the government the authority to arrest them and threaten them will stiff jail sentences if they don't get the fucck out of the business.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 08:34:38 AM »
fucck the unions, give the government the authority to arrest them and threaten them will stiff jail sentences if they don't get the fucck out of the business.

truest words you ever said.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:19 AM »

Never said I was a fan of unions. I think they can serve a purpose but they can go way too far.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 08:36:35 AM »
truest words you ever said.

if these auto companies fail it will mean almost a complete collapse of this countries economy, people think it's bad now wait and see if that happens.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 08:38:45 AM »
if these auto companies fail it will mean almost a complete collapse of this countries economy, people think it's bad now wait and see if that happens.

Look what happens in germany...

Industry are afraid to survive the next year, and unions command 8% raise in pays or they will strike.

China is laughing its ass of when they see this.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 08:43:28 AM »
it should be left up to the individual TO FIND THEIR OWN HEALTH BENEFITS AND SAVE FOR THEIR OWN RETIREMENTS.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 08:45:07 AM »
it should be left up to the individual TO FIND THEIR OWN HEALTH BENEFITS AND SAVE FOR THEIR OWN RETIREMENTS.

Blue - No way in hell.

Red - Damn straight.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 08:47:37 AM »
Blue - No way in hell.

Red - Damn straight.
that attitude is the exact reason why these companies are having these problems, they have to offer these unskilled people the world just to put in a candy ass 8 hour shift in their factory, i say fucck it, hire mexicans for 9 bucks an hour if that's what it takes, SOMEONE will do the job.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 08:51:46 AM »

Yeah, I heard on the news 1 in 10 jobs correlates with the auto industry. I was unaware it was that large, that is very impacting.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 08:53:48 AM »
that attitude is the exact reason why these companies are having these problems, they have to offer these unskilled people the world just to put in a candy ass 8 hour shift in their factory, i say fucck it, hire mexicans for 9 bucks an hour if that's what it takes, SOMEONE will do the job.

How is that the attitude that causes the problems? I agree on the retirement part, most don't save enough anyway.

I understand what you're saying but I dislike the idea of people trying to find their own insurance. You're basically opening up the door for them to be denied because of a preexisting condition. Then what? People go bankrupt trying to get seen by a doctor? (already happens anyway). Now if you higher Mexicans to do these jobs who'll by the 40K cars?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 08:54:43 AM »

You do realize that they pay into their own pensions correct?

Jason

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2008, 08:55:24 AM »
How is that the attitude that causes the problems? I agree on the retirement part, most don't save enough anyway.

I understand what you're saying but I dislike the idea of people trying to find their own insurance. You're basically opening up the door for them to be denied because of a preexisting condition. Then what? People go bankrupt trying to get seen by a doctor? (already happens anyway). Now if you higher Mexicans to do these jobs who'll by the 40K cars?
they need to stop making 40K cars completely, everyone should be driving cars that get at least 25 miles to the gallon.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2008, 08:56:27 AM »
they need to stop making 40K cars completely, everyone should be driving cars that get at least 25 miles to the gallon.

True. Everything is so inflated it's not even funny.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 08:57:27 AM »
Fuck you the government should fear its people.... the people shouldnt fear the government

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 08:58:37 AM »
Fuck you the government should fear its people.... the people shouldnt fear the government

Settle down.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 08:59:42 AM »
lol ha ha ha  :D

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »
Exactly, I know guys working on the line at the auto plant that are making $80-90,000 per year.  No additional skill or college education.  Then there are times when there is less work and they are laid off for months at 80-90% pay!

I'm certain many new immigrants coming to this country would leap at that opportunity for half that salary.
Union and union benefits are killing the auto industry in this country.  But so are the kind of cars we make and substandard fuel emissions.  If an auto company closes, be sure there will be another in its place that will hire workers and be more efficient.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 09:04:32 AM »
Exactly, I know guys working on the line at the auto plant that are making $80-90,000 per year.  No additional skill or college education.  Then there are times when there is less work and they are laid off for months at 80-90% pay!

I'm certain many new immigrants coming to this country would leap at that opportunity for half that salary.
Union and union benefits are killing the auto industry in this country.  But so are the kind of cars we make and substandard fuel emissions.  If an auto company closes, be sure there will be another in its place that will hire workers and be more efficient.

Youre lying.

Jason

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 09:05:37 AM »
Youre lying.

Jason

No. Most of the Big Three have a job bank that pays people to be voluntarily laid off.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 09:07:43 AM »
American Cars "besides Cadillacs"  are shit..... name one automobile that is produce here that you can say its the best in the world in its class  ???